Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/4/2023  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/4/2023
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »
I'm only an occasional viewer nowadays, but I didn't realize how sporadic I'd been. I was about to compliment the "new" grocery background for Pass the Buck, but I learned that it's been in place for close to 4 years now! Shame on me. I'm still gonna miss that odd relic of Pass the Buck's short-lived 3-pair rule, even though it's been gone for a long time now.

Just yesterday I was watching an old Press Your Luck with my wife, and she noted her fondness for the eggcrate display. It was nice to see they're still alive and kicking in Pass the Buck.

I really don't like Squeeze Play being played for trips. Glad that Jared won, but pricing trips down to the sub-hundreds in Squeeze Play or Flip Flop is borderline unfair. There's no real way to tell a $7698 trip and a $7628 trip from the information you're given. Oh well, it worked out!

Loved how much Joseph got into the One Away routine. (And Drew's detail on where the "mighty sound effects lady" resides in the new studio.)

I also loved Drew's enthusaism throughout the show, from seeing the excited crowd, to seeing the great showcase bid.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/4/2023
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2023, 03:32:58 PM »
With a trip also being offered in Squeeze Play, I'm wondering if the trips and/or the PG lineup were swapped at the last minute.

I thought of this, too.  It would make sense that someone forgot to update the Portugal copy to include the price, which wouldn't have been needed in Squeeze Play (never mind a reference to it being a bonus).
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.