Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2007  (Read 31094 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »
I have to say, I'm very surprised at the way this episode went.  I figured Roger would have everything set up to be won, but Golden Road was hardly a cakewalk, Most Expensive was only simple for us, Dice Game was...well, Dice Game, and Hi Lo was pretty much a tossup.  And then on top of that, almost as if to spite Roger, Punch a Bunch was won, and there was a Double Showcase Win.  Go figure.

It's really too bad Golden Road was lost when it was.  I'd have liked to have seen the price of the motorhome.  (Hell, I'd have liked to have seen the motorhome won...but you get my drift.)

It's so awesome that the very last time Bob hosted Punch a Bunch, a game that relies pretty much entirely on luck, it was won.

How the heck long has it been since Nesquik has been used on the show?  It seems like it's been ages.

I felt bad for George when he started celebrating after his showcase's price was revealed...with a difference that small being shown first, you just knew Amy's was closer.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 08:11:37 PM »
Considering it's Bob's final week, I had this little inkling that Roger was going to put some good stuff in the corners.  Kinda' guessed that Samira would be winning at least $5000 when she punched out three of the corners.  Even with that in mind, it was still great to see it won!

You know, I don't know if Squeeze Play can ever actually be a literal forced win, but today's playing was as closed to forced win as the game can ever be, really.

$14,234 is actually a pretty Dice Game friendly price.  Luck just got the best of Amy.  Good to see her make up for that in the showcase, winning a better car!

What the heck was Daniel doing in the second showcase showdown?!  It looked like he wanted to go over on his second spin!  Seriously... why the heck was he aiming for the one space that would put him over?  Considering what he was inexplicably doing, I'm glad he got the dollar--didn't want him in the showcase--but still....

Donahi :)!

wpghi5 wrote:  I wanted Daniel to win the second showcase showdown had he done the second spin with more power than with skill. Barely getting it all the way around with a disasterous result.

May I ask why you wanted him to win?  Even Daniel himself didn't seem to want to win!

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 09:12:30 PM »
I thought they had a double overbid for sure - my bids were $12500 for Amy's showcase and $24000 for George's. Of course, it's always nice to see a Canadian :dsw:!

Offline DrLove0378

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »
Today's Golden Road loss pretty much ruined it for me. (I didn't get to watch the second half and see the DSW.)

The setup was pretty tough, as it should have been... though I would have said "8" myself, on that game table... simply because I feel that they're not gonna cheap out during Bob's final week.  But if Daniel had chosen "9" on the table, I might have thrown a chair through the screen.

I don't remember the "losing horns" in recent history on Golden Road... I thought they'd only use them when the contestant got the first prize wrong.  And I don't think that's ever happened since the *cough* 2002 Marines primetime special *cough*...

That particular motorhome must have been fully loaded with extra options, because fleetwoodrv.com lists the 2007 Terra LX 31M at a base price of $90,020.

I did, however, see the all-too-easy Squeeze Play win, and the $10,000 win on Punchboard -- I guess they thought nobody ever picked the corners anymore... ;-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 09:37:08 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I have to say, I'm very surprised at the way this episode went.  I figured Roger would have everything set up to be won, but Golden Road was hardly a cakewalk, Most Expensive was only simple for us, Dice Game was...well, Dice Game, and Hi Lo was pretty much a tossup.  And then on top of that, almost as if to spite Roger, Punch a Bunch was won, and there was a Double Showcase Win.

Actually, Punch-A-Bunch was set up for a win.  The corners (at least two of them) had really juicy prizes.

Dice Game was actually set up for a win, too.  Assuming going with the odds, it had a 83.333% chance of being won.  The ONLY way it could have been lost is if the contestant rolled a 3 for the second number...too bad for Amy.  This was one of the best DSW's I've seen, if for no other reason that Amy really, really deserved it after Dice Game.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 09:59:53 PM »
I guess I missed a pretty decent show today. I don't know why my DVR didn't record it today, and it actually didn't record another show I had set either (Press Your Luck). But I don't get how Let's Make a Deal (30 minutes before that), and Password Plus recorded still. Hmm...anyway, hopefully this episode will be in the summer reruns schedule.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6727

Fleetwood Terra LX 31M
I believe that someone from Niel's RV, the nearest Fleetwood Terra LX dealer to CBS Television City, lended it to the studio for its one-time only appearance.  Here's the dealer's website.  They do in fact have a 31M model in stock as of June 11, 2007, and the price is, of course, right.

Showcase #1
Aegean Apparel Sleepwear - $560
Broyhill American Era Bedroom Group - $6,388
Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set - $1,100
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner - $8,998

Trip Price Update
For the Broyhill American Era Bedroom Group, we're on appearance number two.  We should now know the price of May 9's trip to Stockholm.  That trip was $6,484.  There was also a double showcase winner in that episode.

Showcase #2:  Kings
12 Elvis CDs - $209
DVD Home Entertainment System - $999
Trip to London - $11,057
Ford Mustang - $20,694

Modeling Report Card for June 11, 2007

Rachel is only 16 prizes away from the big 3,000!  And get this:
[color=006600]!!! $127,516 !!![/color][/size]

I don't believe it!  That is a very nice sum of money, Rachel!  And anytime you see a modeling total at least $100,000 in daytime, the "Shane" light will blink.  The "Shane" light will remain lit up for modeling totals from $80,000-$99,999.

Two GPs and 26 prizes total $210,867.  The motorhome alone costs more than all of the other prizes combined.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 11:34:25 PM »
TalkingHeadsFan wrote:
Hi everybody,

This is Douglas Roberts, I submitted today's CBS 15 Second Bob Barker Tribute video! I'm glad everybody enjoyed the video, (I'm on the left). ...

Douglas

Sweet! I should have figured one of our own would win that thing.

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 03:29:37 AM »
Samira, a $10, 000 winner, yay! Will you marry me? lol. I can dream, can I? Amy overcoming "Dice Game" disaster to win BOTH showcases, this episode gets a 5 in my book!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 07:40:11 AM »
Golden Road: I don't know if a win here would've destroyed the budget. After all, I would imagine for them to have offered that $100,000+ motorhome that they really did a nice job of saving up their pennies - not just for this show, but for this last week.

Gotta send Bob off with a bang, after all.

A shame we couldn't even get to that motorhome to see the price of it. But, it was still a thrill to see that monstrosity at the end of the golden road - on a daytime show, no less!

Just a shame that Bob's last walk down the golden road couldn't lead to one last big win.

Punchy: The minute I saw Bob's reaction to that third slip, I knew it was at least $5,000. Then when he started discussing ol' Punchboard Bryan, I thought "That's it. The drought's over. She just won $10,000!"

Awesome!

Most Expensive and Hi-Lo: As a LFAT, I would've won both. That said, these were not easy setups for most people. :confused:

Squeez Play: Beachcomber Hot Tub + pricing game where you have to guess the price of it = easy win for Maddy. As some of you know, I learned the whole pricing formula for their hot tubs when I set up my "Host your own" show last year. Therefore, I knew that 0 didn't belong there (nor would a 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8 have belonged there).

Showcases: I thought George's bid was insanely high. Turns out that trip to London cost more than I thought (I was thinking $27,000)...

Amy's bid scared me like Dennis'. I was thinking $16,300. I thought we were going to kick off finale week with a DOB. Instead, we got a DSW... Nice!

I've lost track of some things, and there were some episodes I missed earlier in the year. But was that only the second DSW of the season, or have I miss some?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline VegansLoveBob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »
i was really excited to see this episode because (it was my bday) and after i got picked, my mom and i went back to pump up the people waiting in line. there were two really sweet people, samira and daniel (about 10 people away from each other in line), so i told them both how to get picked, and told them that i had been psychic the last couple of days, and of course, they both got picked! i was so excited for samira. and it was just so funny because we talked to about 50 people and i told samira that her and daniel were the only ones getting picked, and they were.

Offline juan833blue

• Outside in Line
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 07:03:35 PM »
As long as there is a Double Showcase win or Siren win, I won't complain.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 09:52:02 PM »
*sigh*... Bob's last week...

Opening:  Ooooh, two shows in a row with an audience entrance.  I kinda expected that, given that this is Bob's last week.

PG #1:  WHOA!  A $100,000 motorhome in daytime, and we get

And for the second time, we don't get to see the price of the $100K prize.  :-(

PG #2:  It might be an historic right to say that no person has ever punched three holes in the same row before.  Bob also forgot to mention that this might also be the first time that anybody has ever punched three corners.  And wouldn't you know it--that $10,000 is in a corner again!

One-Bid #3:  I sure hope that Rich meant 25 cubic feet cuz a 25-foot refrigerator would be huge.

PG #4:  Easy.

PG #5:  A Cobalt with just engine block heater and PS/FP.  In my best PriceFan985 impression, I yelled out "14,234!"

Showcase #1:  Oooooh, I got a feeling that bid is either gonna be DSW-quality or a WSD.

Showcase #2:  STAGE WILLY!  SC2 ARP is definitely getting read first.

My showcase bids:
Starcrossed--$16,138
Mustang--$28,178

Result:  WHOA!  He missed that Mustang SC by only $802?!  That had to be one expensive trip to London.  Looks like I'm gonna be right about Amy's bid.

W00T!  She got the DSW!  :-D

Great start to Bob's last week!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »
Golden Road - 8 was the covered digit twice in a row.:-(  That was an evil setup by :clipboard:!
Punch A Bunch - $10,000!:-D  Sweet!:-D
Most Expensive - Too bad!:-(  That was an expensive dining group.
Squeeze Play - Good job!:-)  That zero was screaming, "Pick me!  Pick me!"
Dice Game - Ouch!:-(  If that second die would've stayed on the 1 instead of flipping over to the 3, she would've won.
Hi Lo - OOPS!  Should've chosen the Nesquik powder instead of the Ziploc bags.
Showcases - [color=009900]TOTALLY AWESOME![/color]:-D :dsw:
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »
This was the third DSW.:dsw:
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!