Poll

Which pricing games will NOT have their primetime debut this season?

Card Game
6 (6.2%)
Check Game
26 (26.8%)
Master Key
5 (5.2%)
Shopping Spree
8 (8.2%)
Stack the Deck
24 (24.7%)
Swap Meet
22 (22.7%)
All games will be played
6 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Author Topic: Pricing Games Not Ready For Primetime  (Read 4253 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pricing Games Not Ready For Primetime
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2023, 11:19:48 PM »
Shopping Spree can be crossed off the list now.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2023, 04:45:23 PM »
Congratulations to Card Game being played yesterday and moving off the list! It only took about 50 years to make it on to a primetime show.

Check Game is now the oldest to not be played in primetime at about 40 years.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2024, 02:58:41 AM »
Key was exciting last night. And then there were 3.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 03:52:26 AM »
Swap Meet showing up was like the fourth most exciting thing that happened last night.

Out of Check Game or Stack the Deck, I'd put money on Check Game appearing first.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 09:47:04 PM »
I think they'd only play Check Game in primetime if they upped the range (maybe to $18,000-$19,000) for the playing or they gave the contestant double the prize and check amount in cash. I'm a little surprised Stack the Deck hasn't been played in primetime, though it is difficult to set up to be a gimme compared to most other car games.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2024, 11:20:20 AM »
I find it funny this post showed up and now all (as of this post) but two have shown up.  You can't tell me someone from the show still pokes around.

Similar question: there can't be too many games that were primetime-eligible (active when those shows were taped/aired) that were not played?  This obviously counts the 1986 specials.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline DYC

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2024, 12:05:13 AM »
Drew is on record on a CBS Morning interview before Season 52 speaking of his particular disdain for Stack the Deck so I never expect it to appear any more than it really needs to. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get a play this series of Primetime eps.
And Check Game may not for the lower win totals without some add-on bonus.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2024, 03:19:17 PM »
Drew is on record on a CBS Morning interview before Season 52 speaking of his particular disdain for Stack the Deck so I never expect it to appear any more than it really needs to. Wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get a play this series of Primetime eps.
And Check Game may not for the lower win totals without some add-on bonus.

Though it seems that doing such a bonus would be very easy, along the same line as the piggy bank one of this past week.

Just note that, if the contestant wins by being between the ranges, whatever the check is made out for will be multiplied by (whatever number).

That is, of course, if they didn't just play it and make a larger $ amount to begin with (like between $15,000 and $17,000 or whatever range, that's just an example), so the prize could be more valuable than would be the case on a normal show.

Offline b_masters8

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2024, 04:35:53 AM »
If they play Master Key on TPIR At Night again, I think they may just have it for a possible $150K cash prize (the locks will be $25K, $50K and $75K; getting the Master wins the $150K [because all the locks will be open]; getting the key for each individual lock wins that particular amount; but blanking out [getting the blank key] or missing out on the prizes gets absolutely nil [unless both keys were won, and the blank was one of them, in which case some money will be won, probably the top prize with the Master]).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 04:42:27 AM by b_masters8 »