Author Topic: Price is Right Episodes That Will Certainly Never Be Broadcast Again  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
"Never say never," but let's be honest: There are certainly episodes from the show's history that will more than likely never be officially shown again. Among those:

Episodes with furs, stuffed or mounted animals or animal rugs. Even with Bob's passing I'm sure out of respect for his memory his estate will not allow fur episodes to be shown.

Earliest playings of Cliff Hangers using "Whistle While You Work", unless the producers want to pay Disney a licensing fee.

Playings of Shower Game because of the controversial reason of its retirement.

Playings of Finish Line because of Bob's dislike of horse racing.

Playings of Bump because of its provocative nature, although one episode slipped by, and we're not sure if this official yet.

Any thoughts of any individual episodes I might have left off?

"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Price is Right Episodes That Will Certainly Never Be Broadcast Again
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 08:32:48 AM »
Someone jog my memory but wasn’t there an earlyish Drew ep where some hyper obnoxious male contestant was called down and did nothing but make irreverent bids (x69, things way way way too large, etc)?

That’ll never air again. S37 is also fairly well best left in the vault. I watched the fried chicken showcase the day it aired and *shudders*

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023, 08:47:16 AM »
Someone jog my memory but wasn’t there an earlyish Drew ep where some hyper obnoxious male contestant was called down and did nothing but make irreverent bids (x69, things way way way too large, etc)?

That’ll never air again. S37 is also fairly well best left in the vault. I watched the fried chicken showcase the day it aired and *shudders*

The Drewcase Era, or as I call it "The Drewcase Error." Talk about growing pains.

Wonder if they'll show the "420 Girl" episode again...

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023, 09:47:02 AM »
Playings of Bump because of its provocative nature, although one episode slipped by, and we're not sure if this official yet.
I'm starting to think this was intentional (for one showing) because of the very long spin-off and Bob's reaction.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023, 10:50:10 AM »
"

Earliest playings of Cliff Hangers using "Whistle While You Work", unless the producers want to pay Disney a licensing fee.

Any thoughts of any individual episodes I might have left off?

Actually, that's "The Silly Song", and the copyright to Snow White expires in 2033, so most of us will still be around, depending on if those episodes offered furs. Then again, if furs become as rare as typewriters are today, even those episodes could still slip in.

Don't forget the "slave auction" episode from December 1984 that was the premiere of One Away, never seen perhaps since its original airing.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2023, 11:06:59 AM »
I would guess S36 also may not ever reair, since Pluto TV skipped it along with season 37 on its Drew era channel.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2023, 11:48:44 AM »
If they're going to keep things like stuffed animal episodes off, why not go one step further and ban episodes with cars that have leather seats - or, for that matter, episodes where they play Grocery Game with Pepperoni Hot Pockets (IIRC, they did stop using any items with meat in them at some point...and how long did it take for someone to explain to Bob what gives Knox Unflavored Gelatin its "setting power")?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2023, 07:29:06 PM »
Don't forget the "slave auction" episode from December 1984 that was the premiere of One Away, never seen perhaps since its original airing.

Most of the things on this list are things I think we're probably overreacting to, but you really do have to wonder how the hell this ever got on the air.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 07:58:06 PM »
Most of the things on this list are things I think we're probably overreacting to, but you really do have to wonder how the hell this ever got on the air.

Especially since this was supposed to be in a more "enlightened" time.

BTW, I should add that I don't necessarily agree with any of these episodes being pulled (The archivist in me would love to have the complete show on some sort of record), I'm just wondering which ones probably won't be seen again for whatever reason silly or not.

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2023, 09:47:57 AM »

Joseph
420, 777, lots of 69s, two million...
I support The Price is Right.

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2023, 05:56:06 PM »
Joseph
420, 777, lots of 69s, two million...

That’s the one. I went back to YT and was stunned to find that was a S36 ep. I had it in my mind that was later.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2023, 05:16:17 PM »

The what?

If they're going to keep things like stuffed animal episodes off, why not go one step further and ban episodes with cars that have leather seats - or, for that matter, episodes where they play Grocery Game with Pepperoni Hot Pockets (IIRC, they did stop using any items with meat in them at some point...and how long did it take for someone to explain to Bob what gives Knox Unflavored Gelatin its "setting power")?

This goes to show the absurdity of the "fur ban" for what it is.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog

The actual retail price is...

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2023, 07:57:10 PM »
I can only say "What were they thinking?" to that slave auction showcase.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2023, 09:50:27 PM »
I can only say "What were they thinking?" to that slave auction showcase.

I'm not anyone was actually "thinking" (on a level of common sense) before going through with that segment
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck