Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2007  (Read 30764 times)

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »
Did anybody YouTube the showcase fakeout?  I thought that was hilarious.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »
Bonkers: *sigh* I was fiddling around with my cranky vacuum cleaner all morning. The second I saw Bonkers, I paid more attention to the vacuum than the TV. I had a feeling what was coming. :confused:

I really wish they would encourage these contestants to ignore the audience, or encourage 300 people to all scream "TURN AROUND AND MOVE!" whenever contestants start polling them during timed games.

Hole In One: That was likely Bob's last inspiration putt, and that was painful to watch it slip by the hole. :(

I know they like to tape to time, avoid stoppages, etc., but there they should've said the heck with it. Let him take the putt again... and again... until it drops.

A shame he couldn't go out in style sinking one last putt.

That was more heartbreaking to me than Nichole's audience polling costing a perfect show.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
Push Over: Nicely done and the blocks MOVED!

Hole in One: YAY!  For the last time in Bob's carrer.  Drat he missed the putt.  As for Groceries, I figured the gold bod would be followed by Downy.  Nice win by Sean for the Last time.

Cliffy: Whew!  I thought Has would fall of with Lauren's $27 guess on the pet brush.

Bonkers: Wow after all that, we get this.  Nichole was viturally handed the bed on a silver platter and she rejected by a very poor playing?  BOO!

Switch: Easy, that clock couldn't be $2000.

Cover up: WOW!  Nicely done!

SC1: GARF!  $22k won't cover the trailer.

SC2: Another fine bid!  I thought it would be $17,500.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
Most people wrote that Bob revealed the Showcase prices in the wrong order.  I didn't think there was any paticular order in which he revealed the prices.  Could somebody clarify this?

Offline juan833blue

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »
The Good: Two cars given away today!!!! and a Cover up win on the very first try.

The Bad: Nichole plays bonkers as if she had never played it before, terrible!!!

This would have been perfect show # IV if Nichole had played a perfect game of Bonkers.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 07:31:06 PM »
Ummmm, Juan? I assume you mean Nichole played Bonkers! liked she never SEEN it before. None of the contestants have ever played any of the pricing games before they get to the studio!

BTW, I've noticed on some of your other posts that you have a tendency to point out things already mentioned in Joe's recap (Ex: This would have been a perfect show if Nichole had won Bonkers!). Please try to avoid "recapping the recap". We welcome your take on the show, but try not to point out the obvious.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 07:41:55 PM »
Push Over-The blocks actually moved freely this time!  A nice way to start out the day.

Hole in One-I was hoping to see this Friday on Bob's last show, but it was played today.  Too bad Bob couldn't make his last inspiration putt--it would've been a perfect way to go.  I thought Sean had won the $500 bonus.  He made his second putt go in by the edge of the hole.

Cliff Hangers-Wow, this season sure had a lot of playings of this with the mountain climber stopping exactly on 25.  Today was no exception.  A really exciting win to close a perfect 1st half.

Bonkers- Other than Nichole's 2nd guess, all the other guesses were stupid.  Nichole threw away a gimme Bonkers, and later we found out a perfect show, by looking at the Peanut Gallery.

Switch?-A good decision.

Cover Up-Wow, an EXACTA!  She took guts going for it all on the 1st try (well, all people that play this game do anyway), but she played it perfectly.

Showcases-I think Bob's getting a little excited about having another DSW. :-P  It was odd that he revealed them the way he did.  Doing that, I thought we were going to see another DSW.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline Mangioninc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 08:14:03 PM »
The only thing that really distresses me about today's show is that they won't play Hole in One/Two on Friday.

I can understand they'll be more "hard-pressed" for time than usual, but still. :(

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
when Bob reveals the first showcase to have a sub-$1000 difference, it always means the other contestant won, very often with a double showcase win.  This was a nice curveball thrown at us today...

True, but considering the fact that Bob misread the price the first time followed by the somewhat blank reaction, I was more along the lines of thinking, "What just happened?" instead of, "This means Julie won."

Now, if this this had been done yesterday...
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 10:47:28 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #44--Nichole!  :-P

PG #1:  Easy.  $6,935 was the only reasonable price up there.  $8,201 looked too expensive and too weird.

PG #2:  Putt-Putt again?!  I thought for sure that last Monday was gonna be Bob's last putt on TPIR.  Then again, most of us thought that May 24 was gonna be Bob's last putt on TPIR.  :clipboard:

PG #3:  Cliffy?  I thought for sure that this would be either Plinky or Halfy.  Looks like this won't be a five-casher week.  That evil $40 pet brush nearly claimed another victim.  I saw Laura mouthing $25 at the audience a couple of times (which would've been disaster).  When she ultimately went with $27, I knew Hans was gonna stop at 25.

PG #4:  Very much set up for a win.  The only tossup was the second number.  :headbang:

PG #6:  An exacta!  We haven't seen a Cover Up exacta since last season, if I'm not mistaken.  $21,495 was a fairly easy price.  Looks to me like Roger was shooting for a perfect show today.

Showcase #1:  Is it me or does Clara Cleanup look like Julia Louis Dreyfus?  STAGE GARF!  That diesn't even cover the trailer.

My showcase bids:
:frts:--$28,021
Random room/piano--$17,271

Result:  When Bob stumbled and said $19,6xx, I thought there was no way in Hell a DSW-quality bid would be read first unless the other player had a better DSW-quality bid.  Since Julie was clearly not in the ballpark, I'm astonished that John's showcase was even read first, whether $19,6xx or $19,9xx.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 11:26:28 PM »
Wow.  All six pricing games were set up to be won today.  I don't know if I've ever seen that happen before.

And five of the games were won.  And honestly, Bonkers should have been.  If Nichole had given any thought to her guesses, this would have been a perfect show.

I don't really get what Roger was shooting for in Hole in One.  It looked like he wanted the contestant to get close enough to the hole to have a very good chance of winning the nearly $26,000 car, but not close enough to win the $500 bonus.  Weird.

Aw...Bob missed his last inspiration putt. :(

And this is pretty pointless...but how long have Hole in One's tees had plastic on them?

The way Cliff Hangers played out was absolutely perfect.  I'd love to think that Laura's guess on the last prize was intentional...but I just can't bring myself to believe it.  Actually, I'm not sure that pet brush has even been used before.

Cover Up had a very non-Cover-Up-ish price...but given how everything else had been set up, it really shouldn't have surprised anyone by that point in the hour.  Honestly, I totally expected it to play out exactly the way it did.

I have to think the Showcase reveal was done the way it was intentionally.  After yesterday, all I could think was, "...is this gonna happen two days in a row?!"

Mangioninc wrote:

The only thing that really distresses me about today's show is that they won't play Hole in One/Two on Friday.

That isn't distressing at all.  It means it's still entirely possible that Friday's third game will be Grocery Game!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6728

Hoverjet GT Hovercraft
Another out-of-showcase appearance?  Someone must have stopped :clipboard: here.

Showcase #1: Clara Clean-It-Up, Custodian
Hamilton Beach Small Appliances - $829
Apple Computer - $3,648
:frts: Fleetwood Wilderness Scout 240RK - $23,686

Showcase #2
Electric Range - $1,999
Broyhill 100th Anniversary Dining Room and Noritake Chatelaine Dinnerware and Alere Stemware - $8,693
Story & Clark Baby Grand Piano - $9,271

Modeling Report Card for June 12, 2007

Gabrielle's total today is about half of what Rachel modeled yesterday, but it's still a good amount of money.

No animals were harmed in the making of this episode, but I hope you enjoyed the 22 prizes and three GPs totaling $137,391.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 12:33:29 AM »
Steve, that pet brush used in Cliffhangers had been used for Half Off twice (once in daytime, the other time it had been used on the 50 years in Television special).

Offline TPIR2003

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 01:27:17 AM »
Hello All,

I want to thank all of you for the kudos on the good bidding on the 2nd showcase.

My name is John Walsh, I was that person who won the showcase. I cannot believe that I was called to come on down. I didn't even imagine winning the showcase!

While Bob was reading my ARP for my showcase all I heard was "Your actual retail price of your showcase is... $19,(some number higher than 500)" I didn't hear his "flub" until my friends told me later. I saw them in the audience while it was happening and I had no clue that Bob read it to be less than $250 away. All I knew was that I was not over! But I was very scared inside. As some of you mentioned, what they usually do is if it was that close (less than $1,000 for both) they would read the person further away first. I thought the same. I thought Julie was less than $250 away and she would have won both.

None the less I had the time of my life. It went by so fast!

If anyone has any questions about anything please ask!

email me at johnwalshf@gmail.com

also you can check out my appearance at newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnPNDIxfL1g [nonactive]

Thanks again!

--John Walsh
myspace.com/twentyone2000

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 01:41:03 AM »
John, congrats on your win!  You did very well today, especially in the showcase.