Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

A Rant… on Deshaun Watson news

(1/2) > >>

Nate Powalie:
Okay… here goes.

Now, I'm not someone who usually rants, but this is something that is eating at me a little bit.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a Cleveland Browns fan. And their quarterback, Deshaun Watson, underwent season-ending shoulder surgery yesterday. Now, yes, that is disappointing because he was just starting to find his groove.

But that wasn't the thing that upset me. What annoyed me the most is that I saw "fans" take to social media and cheer for his injury.

Now, don't get me wrong, I dislike Watson as much as the next guy down the street from me. But to cheer for someone to get hurt, to me, that is just morally wrong and unacceptable.

And, without naming any names, I want those who cheered to think about this: whatever sport at whatever level, what if it was your son or daughter who got hurt and someone on an opposing team was celebrating that? How would you react?

I'm sorry if I came off as a bit of a Dick during my rant, but that's just my perspective on the situation. There is just too much negativity in the world today. Can't we just learn to get along and find something positive?

Okay, I've ranted enough. Thank you all for taking the time to view this. Enjoy your day.

Hag:
I agree. It’s lousy to cheer for an injury in any sport.

Ccook:
Cheering for an injury is poor form. When Damar Hamlin was felled by his heart condition back in January, the Bengals fans--let alone sports in general--did not cheer. Sports fans should be above a season ending injury regardless of how he's liked or disliked.

imhomerjay:
In fairness, Hamlin and Watson are not remotely the same.

Ccook:
Point taken. I guess I was digressing a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version