Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2007  (Read 30227 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »

tpirfan28 wrote:
When are audiences/contestants gonna learn that ***2*** of anything does NOT end in an odd number? (Notice that the blame is spread over all ~325 of 'em in there.)

I think we've discussed this before, but 2 of a thing can end in an odd number...  Say each item costs $249.49.  2 of them would be $498.98.  The price would then be rounded off to the nearest dollar = $499.

Offline BarkerBrawny

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:52 PM »
Ah, but that's just it. There needs to be consistnecy all the way around.
If you round up at the end, you gotta round up from the get go...

So using your example, wether you round UP to $250, or DOWN to $249,
two of them would end up EVEN, ither $500 or $498.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »

mlh1981 wrote:
Why don't very many games come spinning out on the turntable?

All turntable games spin on the turntable.  The thing is that we don't get to see them spin on camera anymore cuz, in the opinion of the suits, it wastes time.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
I missed today's ep. because I went to work early and didn't have a tape for today's event. My question is did the losing horns play in More or Less? I'm suspecting the other 3 games that were lost did, thanks!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »
Check Game: I would have written $1700 and won this.

IITB: UGH.  I figured the gold bond was in this $8000 bag.

MoL: 2 things irked me, first no Half Off music and worse, Kristen saying higher on Hawaii?!  That doesn't cost $8000.

FF: There is no reason why James froze the price at $3721.

One Away: Sound the sirens!  That's well played by Tyler.

BBB: Another bad music choice by Stan. Half Off music in place of the cats.  Simple, $700 was WAY too low for the computer.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
Frank15 wrote:
Yay!  We got to see Check Game coming partially around the turntable today!  Actually, it seems like the past few times we got to see a game coming even partly around the turntable, it's always been Check Game.  Wonder why it always seems to be Check Game....

short TV copy + Roger needing to write the contestant's name on the check and get off of the turntable without being smushed = delay in getting the turntable rotating

BarkerBrawny wrote:
Ah, but that's just it. There needs to be consistnecy all the way around.
If you round up at the end, you gotta round up from the get go...

No. Casey's right -- if a prize package consists of multiple items, then the prices of each item are added up (dollars and cents), then the total is rounded. That's the way it's always been, which means that there is consistency.

To use a hypothetical (and extreme) example: Say the prize is a 60-piece dinnerware set. Each individual piece of dinnerware costs $19.49. Which is more accurate: to say that the retail price of the 60-piece dinnerware set is $1,140 or $1,169?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline BarkerBrawny

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »
:embarassed: ...  I stand corrected!
I obviously am not thinking straight tonight,
as you can tell by my BarkersMarkers idea.

We're all under stress this week.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 10:11:45 PM »

tpir4ever76 wrote:
looks like we have seen the last of "it's in the bag".  adios, amigo!  you will be surely missed.

Why would Bag be retired?

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 10:13:42 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6729

It's in the Bag
To all Gabrielle Tuite fans:  This is the moment you've all been waiting for.  She has reached $12,000,000!  It took 2,302 prizes.

More or Less
Joe Capitano wrote:
Where did she think she'd be staying? A gold-gilded penthouse?

Great question, and Lisbon, which we'll never know the price to, has one of those gold-gilded penthouses.

Aico Tresor Room Groups' appearances before June 13, 2007
Previously, the show has offered 15 dining rooms from Aico's Tresor collection, 16 bedrooms, and zero living rooms.  The Tresor collection debuted on Price in the showcases on December 17, 2004 with a dining room.  The first Tresor bedroom aired on May 13, 2005, and the first Tresor living room aired on June 13, 2007.

Showcase #1: Dido
Price's first-ever Aico Tresor Living Room, and this is probably its only appearance with Bob - $7,406
Carpet One Good Housekeeping Carpeting - $2,292
Maid Service - $2,330
Yamaha Phaser Snowmobile - $6,298

Showcase #2: The Bank
2 Yamaha Electric Guitars - $620
Deluxe Espresso/Cappuccino Machine...in June? Even in June, it's $7,290.
Chrysler 300 Touring - $29,610

Here's the appearance count, and the Deluxe Espresso/Cappuccino Machine it is:
Season 29:  1 (Jan. 26)
Season 30:  1 (Nov. 9)
Season 31:  5 (Oct. 31, Dec. 5, Dec. 24, Mar. 3, May 30)
Season 32:  3 (Oct. 21, Jan. 26, May 12)
Season 33:  4 (Sep. 27, Dec. 22, Feb. 7, Apr. 4)
Season 34:  3 (Oct. 20, Nov. 23, Dec. 21)
Season 35:  5 (Sep. 22, Nov. 22, Jan. 19, May 8, June 13)

In the last seven years, it has made 22 appearances, in which all 22 of them were in the showcases.  Since Season 29, it, the soda fountain, and the security system have made a combined total of 110 appearances.

Modeling Report Card for June 13, 2007
Wait 'til uou see this...this is what modeling totals would look like on an Atari 2600!

Gabrielle Tuite did pretty good no matter what modeling unit display I'm using.  She has $74,589.  On the right of the "screenshot", there are 2 Ms for medium scores and an H for a high score.  Also, Rachel is only two prizes away from her 3,000th prize.

What?  Four more GPs?  Not only that, you've also got 22 prizes, and they all total $148,714.

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 10:45:59 PM »
mhrasputin-

yes they did...errrr...wait--- maybe not

doggone it :-?

i'll have to get back to ya on that one after friday's episode.

and then i'll know for sure.

dang EXACTA on One Away got me all excited that i totally forgot about what happened after More or Less was played

at least i know the LH's (good thing these losing horns aren't anywhere's remotely as freaky as the Concentration ones) did play after the other losses :-(.
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 11:16:53 PM »
Looking back, I feel silly for not guessing that Check Game would be played this week.  It should have been obvious that Bob would want to go through that routine one more time.

And yay!  We got to see it coming around on the Turntable! :)

Seeing More or Less get played for trips was pretty cool.  Seeing Kristen completely blow the game when it was clearly set up to be won wasn't.

And you know, I like More or Less.  I really do.  But for whatever reason, it always seems to end up with a contestant who is bound and determined not to win no matter how hard Roger tries to give them the prizes.

One Away, on the other hand, was totally awesome.  I was really on the edge of my seat waiting for that final horn.

Speaking of One Away...why do I think I recognize Tyler from somewhere?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 11:27:53 PM »
Because Tyler looks suspiciously like Chuck, perhaps?  At least, that's what I suspected.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »
Besides the bizarre music cue selections already mentioned for today's show, did anyone else notice they used the truck/van cue for the Fusion in MoL?

Also, at the end of Act 5 when Tyler walks over to Roger, you see a brief glimpse of the slate and the last game said "Bargain Game."  For those of you trivia-buffs out there, is this how it has always been named on the slate card, or did they recently change it to accomodate a potentital future name change?

Finally, what happened to the cbs.com farewell video clips?  I thought it was going to last all week.  On Monday's show, I heard "And the WINNER..." so I then assumed there was only ONE selection, but originally I thought they were going to air several clips all week.  Anyone have an explanation for this?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 05:15:47 AM »
From Gavazzi's Big Fat TPiR FAQ:

Barker’s Bargain Bar is known in much of the show’s official documentation as “The Bargain Game.”

Not sure if that's what it will end up being after Barker's gone, but there you are.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 08:43:38 AM »
Huh...didn't know that, Scott.  I guess that would me more accurate, wouldn't it?

And I would have truly LOL'd if the turntable turned around with Roger still on it. :)
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP