Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007  (Read 48172 times)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
TP: $27K is resonable, AS LONG as that car wasn't loaded.

Clock Game: Well played by Charles.

GG: It seemed like the EASIEST set-up ever.  This should be labeled, "Avoid the supplements and you win."

Easy as 1-2-3: Yikes!  I too would have done the same as Mai.

Money Game: Very nice win by Ann.

CoG: Easy, $5987 sounded funny for the Piano.

SC: Both were on Steroids.  For the 2nd. I said $16,000, he the Lincoln showed up, making me change it to $55,000.  NTS, I did horribly.

Well were at the end of the rope as the Barker Finale is tomorrow.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 04:24:06 PM »
My comments on Bob's second to last show.  :cry:

I went with Carleen on $27,912 on the last car.  :evil:

I only saw bits of that excellent Clock Game playing there.

That was a piece of cake for Shirley to win $10,000. Heck I would even win it.

I wanted Carleen or Shirley to win the first showcase showdown.

UGH! Even I would get tripped up. The luggage as the most expensive?! COME ON ROGER!

I know that perfect playing of Money Game was definitely no fluke.

HOORAY! A fellow Canuck got his piano. $7895 was my guess also. A great prize for a enthusiastic Canadian songwriter!

I DEFINITELY wanted Dominic to win the second showcase showdown.

That second showcase took me by surprise. Just when I thought all was said and done they throw something spectacular like a Lincoln town car! What a way to lead in to Bob's last show tomorrow! What's even more good about it was that it was won! Rose Ann cleaned house today winning 2 automobiles with one of them being a Lincoln. It didn't really matter in my opinion how far off she was in her showcase compared to Craig's!

Well tommorrow's almost here. After that Bob Barker is no more.   :cry:  It's going to be tough. I know I'll be one of many who'll be very emotional come next day. Yeah.  :cry:

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
I watched Triple play, Easy as 123, grand game & Money game.

my views on the playing of those games today is as follows:

1. Triple play: When I saw that $27,000 price, I was like "Girl, you're gonna lose it", and boy was I right!

2. Easy as 123: OUCH!

3. Grand game: I'm glad bob barker was able to give away (possibly) the last $10,000 for this game.

4. Money game: What can I say? Incredible win! I was shaving when I heard the bells go off! Nice win!

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
Triple Play: I tend to think of convertibles as more expensive than they really are, so I went with $22,150.  Not too difficult of a win for me; it's just too bad that this game (along with the other games that make up the Big Three) were lost.

Clock Game: Quick win in this game.  Except for the few bids over $1000, this was an excellent playing.  12 seconds remaining--now that's is amazing!

Grand Game: Easy as 123.  They should have just awarded her the $10,000 before she even began.

Easy as 123:  Anything but easy as 123

Money Game: I found it odd that the three possibilities for the front of the car weren't consecutive, but I guess the possibilities were 20, 24, and 26.  This seemed to make the game easier to win (or at least easier to guess the front of the car).

Coming or Going: Another easy win, which leads into the Showcase Showdown.

SC2: Like many, I thought the 4 trips was the showcase and started to give a $19,000 bid but was surprised that there was an addition.  A car!  And not just any car--a Lincoln!

After seeing Rose Ann's difference, I thought she lost.  It would have been painful, since it was so expensive.  However, I was in for another surprise, when she won her showcase and came so close to winning $100,000.

SC1: My Bid: $23,445 / Diff: $14,356
SC2: My Bid: $62,550 / Diff: $9,621

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »
Holy cow, a Lincoln from out of nowhere!  Total shocker.  I would highly expect tomorrow's show to go into Full Budget-Busting Mode
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 06:09:12 PM »
Triple play was BEGGING to be won..........

Clock Game was BEAUTIFULLY done.  By the way, has the audience ever yelled out the price after Bob had already informed them to not help out?

Glad to see "Coming or Going" being won today.  That dude was awesome.  He really deserved that piano.

I wish that lady the best of luck on paying taxes on all that stuff she won.  By the way, just out of curiosity, do you have to use the trips within a certain period of times?

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
Roger really was pushing the budget today. There is no question in my mind that Roger wanted Triple Play won. All 3 cars had easy prices. Too bad that Carleen lost.

Shirley was GREAT! She is exactly the type of person who should be on every show. She was enthusiastic, funny, and load of fun. She also won $10,000! I expected her to fly all over the stage when she won.

I never thought anyone would make Coming or Going as exciting and fun as Dominic did. I also thought no one would ever be that happy to win a piano.

I, like all the rest here, thought that after Every Trip in the House Showcase, that was it, nothing more. The Lincoln was definitely a shocker!!!:-o  :-o It was completely random and I wish they would do more stuff like this in the future.

If today's show is any indication of what's to come tomorrow, tomorrow is going to be one hell of a good-bye to Bob!

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 07:23:53 PM »
Loved the fake out on the 2nd showcase. Great job by Rich. They knew that the viewers know that 4 trips is about the max you can get on TPiR. Psyche! :)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
I uploaded the big win: its out of sync but who really cares? :-)

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:07 PM »
Wow!  This was the best show I've seen in a while.  Just wait until tomorrow.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Fireball Hottie #44--Carleen!  :-P

PG #1:  The evil Mustang convertible strikes again.

PG #2:  That is a Clock Game player!

PG #3:  Really, really easy win.

PG #4:  WHAT?!  $1,775 for luggage?!  Are those ID tags gold-plated or something?!  :clipboard:

PG #5:  Nice!  Two straight days with an exacta in a car game.

PG #6:  Also easy.  And great to see a piano go to somebody who actually needs one.

Showcase #1:  :gotc:

Showcase #2:  NOOOOOO!  Not the evil "Friggin' Random Every Trip in the House Showcase" again!  And furthermore, that's BAD CUE CHOICE #49762102540012STAN!

WHOA!  Where the Hell did that Lincoln come from?!  :clipboard:

My showcase bids:
:frbs:--$37,165
FRETITHSC with Lincon--$62,062

Result:  In just one season, Amy Rempel has been knocked from first to third in all-time daytime winnings.  If today is any indication, tomorrow's show is gonna blow the roof off whatever budget the show originally had.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »
Well, let's get the bad part out of the way first:  Triple Play was a major disappointment.  Given that the promos with tomorrow's opening kind of spoiled that it isn't on the finale, it pretty much had to be played today, and I was really looking forward to it, and hopefully to an easy win...and then Carleen fouled up on the last car.  Major, major downer.

The rest of the show was really good, though!  Lots of wins, some good contestants, and the Showcase...holy God.  I still can't quite believe that.

I have to wonder if Craig and Dominic are brothers separated at birth.  They certainly acted like one another onstage...and Dominic's reaction to the piano was just priceless.

I was really disappointed that Grand Game got played today, and even moreso by the absence for the second day in a row of a small prize game.  You know Plinko's gonna be played tomorrow...and in all likelihood, that means no Bonus Game. :(

Money Game was...surprising.  I have no idea how Rose Ann managed to win that without making any mistakes.

I don't know what was more surprising about the second showcase -- that they did Every Trip in...aw, hell, who am I kidding?  A LINCOLN?!  That was about the most random thing I've ever seen!  I damn near fell out of my chair when that thing appeared, and again when Bob read Craig's price and I realized Rose Ann had actually won the darn thing.  Totally made up for Triple Play.

And wow...there's only one episode left.  It still doesn't seem real, somehow.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »
Wow.  The moment I saw  That car at the end of the "Every Trip in the House" my jaw just dropped.  What a great surprise!  Doesn't Rose Ann's $98,484 makes her the 2nd biggest winner in TPiR daytime history?

Offline martink

• In the Audience
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 11:02:31 PM »
Tomorrow is going to be a disasterly emotional day or me. First is Bob's (supposed) Final show, and it's also my last day of school before grad.

I think I'll say have your pets spayed or neutered as I leave.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 11:08:09 PM »
I am going to be in tears big time tomorrow.  I am probably one of the few people that knows for the most part what will happen tomorrow, but I never ever spoil on this site.