Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007  (Read 48487 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2007
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 06:18:26 AM »

pohlmacs wrote:
I actually tried to create an account with my typical username: pohlmacs, but the activation e-mail kept getting blocked, so I used a different e-mail account and created ClockGameCraig out of the blue just so people would know who I was.  I had no idea about John.  I may try moving over to "pohlmacs" if Marc can get that working.  Sent him an e-mail.

I am more than happy to change your username to "pohlmacs."

Can't have too many Clocker's with Gold Stars around here.  Ask these people...1 is enough.  :-D
John

Offline chargerchick

• In the Audience
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 07:16:09 AM »
Hey Graig, congratulations! I think you did great today. It's hard to remember anything "rule wise" once you get on stage! Heck, I could barely answer the "Where do you live" question! I got to know Rose Ann while I waited in line for the 6th (really nice lady). BUT, I think I took a picture with you (since you mentioned the green polo) with all the other "X-ers" after the show on the 6th, (I was wearing black). Our group ended up getting stuck in the 4th row, middle section, behind LOT'S of VIP's!  :-P

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »
The end of the second showcase may well be the most random thing ever.  A car at the end of a living room/dining room/bedroom showcase is one thing, but putting a Lincoln at the end of an Every Trip in the House showcase?!  Wow!

I wonder why Roger wanted Eazy az 1-2-3 to be lost.  Very few were going to win that.  It's kinda' surprising, considering most of the pricing games this week have been set up.

Am I the only person who can actually understand how Triple Play was lost?  The Aveo price was obvious, the Jeep price was obviou, and the Mustang was obviously $22,000 or $27,000.  Carleen just picked the wrong one.  I mean, aren't the convertibles--like today's Mustang was--sometimes that high?  Seemed like a reasonable guess.

It is a shame how Roger's been neglecting the SP games extra hard lately.  'Cause Eazy az 1-2-3 was so worth not having an SP for the fourth time in nine shows.  I'm really kinda' wondering if he doesn't really like them.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 01:25:42 PM »
Yeah...given how Money Game and Cover Up were set up to be easy wins for Joe Plinko, I was susprised to see that 27k choice for the Mustang, knowing that it would pretty much be the obvious/only choice for Joe Plinko.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline TK416

• Outside in Line
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 02:12:40 PM »

pohlmacs wrote:
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone!

Hey Craig,

Another Arizonian called to "come on down"!
Congrats, nice clock game win!  We enjoyed reading your trip stories too; those kids you work with are lucky to have a friend like you.

Be well...

Tom

Offline Jason Batt

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »
Triple Play - Too bad!:-(  I think the contestant should get to keep any cars he or she has already won.
Clock Game - Great job!:-D  Craig could write a book on how to play Clock Game!:-)
Grand Game - Good job!:-)
Eazy Az 123 - Too bad!:-(  That luggage was more expensive tha nI thought!:-o
Money Game - Couldn't have played it any better!:-D  Awesome!:-D
Coming Or Going - Good job!:-)  I would've been shocked as hell if he would've been wrong!
Showcases - A LINCOLN!:-o  And a win of almost $100,000!:-o  What a great showcase!:-D

Overall, a great show!:-D
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »
This was a very good show.

Carleen was great! The first two cars were simple, but the last one was a 50/50 guess. I would have picked $27,912 myself. I thought the mustang convertible deluxe would be about $29,000. Too bad, that would have been a great win.

Aside from Amanda's playing of Clock Game last time, this one was played extremely well also. Both of them tie for best playing of the season.

Shirley was a lot of fun, and she got a pretty easy $10,000 for herself. The two supplements were obviously not going to be less than $6.00.

I for one set up the blocks the same way as Mai. I was very surprised to see the luggage be worth so much.

Rose Ann was an amazing contestant. She definitely gets contestant of the day. I couldn't believe she got a perfect playing of Money Game. I said 35 and 14 for the back first, but that was a fantastic win!

Dominic was good too, and I'm really happy he got the piano. $7895 was obviously right. Happy songwriting to you!

Another good showcase showdown. Rose Ann pulls off a $1,000 spin, then almost another big winner.

Great showcase altogether. First Rose Ann passing because she knew nothing about boats, then getting a showcase with 4 trips, and just when we thought Rich would close the showcase, we get a surprise Lincoln! Two fairly bad bids, but I was happy to see Rose Ann pull it out.

Best Contestant- Rose Ann

Showcase #1- $38,000
Difference- OVER

Showcase #2- $70,000
Difference- $2171

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »

Jordan7 wrote:

Aside from Amanda's playing of Clock Game last time, this one was played extremely well also. Both of them tie for best playing of the season.

Thanks for the vote of confidence by you and everyone else!  Just think if I would have remembered that there are no prizes currently being offered on Clock Game that are over $999?

Boy it would have been nice to know the exact prices of both prizes and create a historical moment, or even get one right on the nose.  No audience help on that one.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »
Triple Play:  Ford Mustang + TP = painful loss  :-(

Clock Game:  Nicely played there!  :-D

Grand Game:  This one was pretty easy; those supplements looked expensive.

Eazy Az 123:  That luggage's price was E-V-I-L.  

Money Game:  WOW!  An exacta...nicely done!

Coming Or Going:  Easy pickin's...

Showcases:  Remember, when it comes to Showcases, always expect the unexpected!  Seeing the Lincoln at the end of a seemingly deceptive Every Trip showcase was awesome!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 05:42:03 AM »
BTW folks a little update:

I followed up on my plan and won an auction for a used Reinell 185 for probably a quarter of the price of the new boat, and $3k under book value, much better than having to pay taxes, insurance, and registration on a new boat or the hassle of waiting for and selling prizes.  For those that don't know me, I volunteer for a children's cancer camp in Arizona -- and we go to Lake Powell with some of the teens in October.  They are going to love this, along with the staff with the portable spa we've always talked about getting, jokingly!

I also received my spa yesterday and the skates are in transit.  That's much faster than I would have expected! (sofa may take up to 180 days though, ugh)  The gentleman from HypnoSkates is very nice as this was the first time their product has been featured on TPIR.  I sent him snapshots from the show.  One pair is going to my best friend and another to a nephew, who can pass them down to his younger brother later.  

Like I said, these were unbelievably perfect prizes for everyone on our show.

Does anyone know the exact prices of each item of the showcases from this show?  Just curious

Craig

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 01:59:25 PM »
Reread the first page of this thread.  We keep Wilkey around for a reason, you know.  :)

(Yes, he does that for every show.  No, we don't know what we'd do without him.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline pohlmacs

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Reread the first page of this thread.  We keep Wilkey around for a reason, you know.  :)

(Yes, he does that for every show.  No, we don't know what we'd do without him.)

My mistake, I thought you said the first post -- forgot that the totals were given in the 11th message of the thread.  Thanks

Anyways, whew, $28k?  Yikes.  I picked up the 1998 Reinell for $7500 on ebay -- much better than 15k in taxes, reg, ins on a new boat that I dont have to worry about immediate depreciation.  The kids at camp are going to love the boat at lake powell this oct

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »
No, you didn't read my question carefully. I asked if anyone knows the price of EACH item in the showcase. Of course we know what the total values were at the top of each recap post!

Umm... Wilkey's post (#11) did state how much each item was in the showcase.

Jacob Wilkey wrote:
Showcase #1: Priceness Book of World Records
Dahon Helios - $599
Wurlitzer Jukebox - $8,995
Reinell 200LSE, and it's the first one in 2007. - $28,207, and it last appeared on December 21 with some parkas, which are actually $730.

Showcase #2: Every Trip (and a Lincoln) in the House for 23 nights
Last things first, prize #3,007, the Lincoln Town Car Signature's price is $42,900.

Trip to Orlando - $5,110
Trip to Sao Paolo - $8,653
Trip to Berlin - $8,966

Before we move on to Shanghai, it looks like we did not offer any beer steins this season, and just for the record, they were $640 and last modeled by Starr Campbell on January 18, 2005. So any time you see beer steins, it's automatic trip to Germany. There were no steins in Season 34 either.

Now, the price of the trip to Shanghai - $6,542, and that Radisson hotel has appeared twice before, both in showcases which have two trips each (November 29 with a Paris Hyatt and January 11 with Rio).

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2007, 04:39:40 PM »
Triple: Well, One good win earlier this season is good enough.

Clock: Very great playing.

Grand: Deserved to be won.

Easy: Now that's some EVIL pricing luggage.

Money: Perfecto.

CoG: Couldn't it be so obvious?

Showcases: Showcase #2....WOW!!!!  :-o  :-o  :-o Now that is one awesome showcase and it earns the TW close to $100K!!!

A 4-star show.

• Outside in Line
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 06:30:58 PM »
What was the value of the Ford Mustang Conv. (Std.)(G)(Not Revealed) used in the pricing stunt TRIPLE PLAY? It's $22,150 as the closest but what was the ARP?