Author Topic: Price Is *Still* The Number One Show In Daytime  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Price Is *Still* The Number One Show In Daytime
« on: January 31, 2024, 09:48:10 PM »
From the Soap Opera Network, Price has reached a season high mark during the week of January 15th, just a smidge under 5 million. It's the highest rated show in all of the important demographics and total viewers. It's down slightly from pre-pandemic numbers, but it's still the #1 show in all of daytime seeing that viewership is down across the board.

YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
Re: Price Is *Still* The Number One Show In Daytime
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 11:52:41 PM »
I hope I live long enough to see the 100th anniversary of this show!

Offline DebonairDylan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 07:23:55 AM »
I hope I live long enough to see the 100th anniversary of this show!

If the show lasts long enough, I wonder who the host will be at that point. If Drew is even still living at the point of what would be the start of the 100th season (September 2071), he'd be 103. I'll be 74 so I could very well still be living.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 08:15:28 AM »
This doesn't account for viewers watching it on the CBS App, an online streaming service that carries CBS, or DVRing it, so considering how many more options there are these days, both in terms of watching Price itself as well as other shows, it's still a remarkable performance.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 10:37:08 AM »
Price has all of the elements necessary to continue indefinitely.  What all the elements do is fall under the umbrella of variety.

Always a vast variety of people/contestants, prizes, pricing games, and the prices themselves vary due to inflation (especially now).

A variety of music cues, variety of prize models yet the format remains unchanged since late 1975.  It's a beautifully designed game, like baseball, so long as they don't tinker with it too much the way MLB has been in recent years with baseball.