Author Topic: May & June Tapings?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Gsbourgard

• 5/13/2002
  • TPiR Alumnus
May & June Tapings?
« on: March 23, 2024, 08:46:25 PM »
Hey Everyone

According to On Camera Audiences, TPIR is taping in May & June. There's apparently another possible strike with SAG. Is it accurate that TPIR is taping those 2 months? Normally they don't. Are these tapings special taping like nighttime episodes, Big Money Weeks, Dream Car Week etc?? I'm definitely going to LA in November and wanted to go to some TPIR tapings but I'm questioning whether the tapings will happen in Nov. I maybe interested in going in June. Any Info will be appreciated, Thank you!!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: May & June Tapings?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 09:02:55 PM »
There's a thread on this here.

SAG and WGA's contract that they signed last year is valid until 2026. The issue is the IATSE, or the guild for technicians, is looking to strike beginning on August 1st. It looks like Price is trying to get as many tapings as possible before that deadline.

My rule of thumb would be it's not "official" until OCA releases tickets for those dates, but the fact that they're telling us to stay tuned for those dates is a pretty good indicator.

Are these tapings special taping like nighttime episodes, Big Money Weeks, Dream Car Week etc??

Dream Car Week and Big Money Week tapings are a surprise and are not announced in advance. I would be surprised if CBS ordered more nighttime episodes but anything's possible I guess. We don't know.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."