Author Topic: Monday is April 1!  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Grammar-Nazi

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Beware my red pen....
Monday is April 1!
« on: March 29, 2024, 07:39:16 PM »
Any speculation as to what pranks might be pulled on Monday’s show?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle." Garrison Keillor

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Monday is April 1!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:10:32 PM »
there's 1 clip on the show's YT page (won't link, cause it spoils a FRACTION of a showcase prize)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 08:50:15 PM »
Does Price always acknowledge April Fools Day? When did that tradition begin on Price?

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 11:15:01 PM »
^Since Drew's hosted, they've done an April Fools show every season except for season 48 (2020). In the Bob era, they did an April Fools Showcase in a few seasons and Bob's first audience entrance (years before he did it for Golden Road and other games taking up the stage being played 1st) was as an April Fool's joke.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 06:51:35 AM »
Highlight below for the video spoiler description for the festivities.

Start: THE PRICE IS RIGHT continues its tradition of fun pranks in celebration of April Fools’ Day in a special daytime episode airing Monday, April 1st on CBS. The joke is on host Drew Carey as mishaps, flying props and practical jokes abound. Watch as model James O’Halloran gets hit with the legendary Nickelodeon slime and model Alexis Gaube almost gets blown away from an overzealous wind fan.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 05:21:55 PM »
Having been there, that description's pretty accurate. There's no specific theme this time around, think of it like what they did back in 2022.

Offline tpirfansince1972

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 02:00:11 PM »
I actually had a vacation day from work and was able to watch this episode and it was quite enjoyable!

My favorite moment involved Manuela, as she is my favorite on the show.

And while the show already aired, I don't wish to "spoil" anything in case anybody reading this has not watched it yet but eventually plans on doing so.