Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Ten Chances questions

(1/4) > >>

tpirfansince1972:
I'm wondering if I am in the majority or the minority in missing the old Ten Chances game board.

I very much loved the green board and the old red buttons that had the black numerals on the buttons themselves.  I loved the lattice look, always put me in mind of The Newlywed Game from the 1960s and 70s.

My second question is this.  I am guessing that most of us here, if not all of us here know about the "zero" unspoken rule where just about always the correct answers always end in zero.  If you were on the show, would you say to Drew and to the studio and home audience "The correct prices always end in zero."?  Would the show allow that or edit that out?

gamesurf:

--- Quote from: tpirfansince1972 on April 10, 2024, 06:26:15 AM ---If you were on the show, would you say to Drew and to the studio and home audience "The correct prices always end in zero."?  Would the show allow that or edit that out?

--- End quote ---

On the Superfan episode we were politely asked not to mention any hidden rules on the air. I am sure if anybody tried to explicitly spell out a hidden rule it would have been edited out. They are putting on a TV show, after all, they don't want the magic tricks behind their games spoiled for five million viewers. We were of course welcome to use them in the games or shouting advice.

That didn't stop the show from subtly referencing the rule themselves with the very prizes they offered in Ten Chances...

illustriousrocket:

--- Quote from: tpirfansince1972 on April 10, 2024, 06:26:15 AM ---I'm wondering if I am in the majority or the minority in missing the old Ten Chances game board.
--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, 10 Chances' remodel has been one of my personal least favorite ones. I don't like the color scheme.

--- Quote ---My second question is this.  I am guessing that most of us here, if not all of us here know about the "zero" unspoken rule where just about always the correct answers always end in zero.  If you were on the show, would you say to Drew and to the studio and home audience "The correct prices always end in zero."?  Would the show allow that or edit that out?
--- End quote ---

It would certainly be edited out, as was already said.

That said, if I was on the show and playing it the furthest I'd go is something like "I know this game."

Gameshowgenius26:
Actually, I have no complaints about the current color scheme of Ten Chances. And it makes sense that we're not allowed to mention the "Zero Rule" on tv as they expect the loyal fans to know the trick by heart.

actual_retail_tice:
I also expect that if someone decided to be the hero and say the zero rule on air and they didn't edit it out for some reason, we would also in short order see the zero rule cease to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version