Author Topic: Ten Chances questions  (Read 1390 times)

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Ten Chances questions
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 12:00:49 PM »
As I've typed many times, Ten Chances is one of my favorite games.

That being said, and I'm not advocating for any change at this time, but any thoughts on making it an "end in zero or five" rule? Part of me would find it quite interesting to see this implemented, and maybe as a surprise to both the host and the contestant. And think of the "twists" that could follow.

For example: First prize. Digit choices: 7, 2, 5 (Surprise Drew! :-D).  Actual retail price: $25.
Second prize. Digit choices: 7, 8, 3, 0. Actual retail price: $870. (It would not start with '3' these days)
The auto. Digit choices: 2, 3, 1, 4, 0. Actual retail price: $24,130.

Or, and being more specific,
First prize. A mop. Digit choices: 5, 2, 0. Actual retail price: $25.
Second prize. A 65 inch TV. Digit choices: 9, 8, 5, 0. Actual retail price: $895. (It likely wouldn't start with '5').
The auto. Digit choices: 2, 7, 8, 6, 0. Actual retail price: $28,670.

Or, how about have both a 5 and a 0 as choices for the auto?
Example: A Kia Forte. Digit choices: 2, 7, 1, 5, 0. Actual retail price: $21,705. ($25K or $27K very unlikely)
Or
A Kia Forte (with different options). Digit choices: 2, 3, 1, 5, 0. Actual retail price: $23,015. ($25K unlikely, but tougher perhaps)

Doing that for the first prize would make little difference (in the first example, it wouldn't be any harder for most, as people are likely to try $25 or $75 rather that $52 or $57.

In the second one, they might wind up using three tries ($20, $50 then $25 - hopefully no one would be unsmart enough to try $02 or $05).

Doing either of those while leaving the 2nd & 3rd prizes ending in 0 still guarantees anyone understanding that will get a chance(s) for the car.

Seems the car is difficult enough (obviously easier if you get the first two prizes quickly), but if you wind up with only a couple tries, having that added option of the odd ending just makes it more difficult than is probably needed.