Author Topic: I discovered the date of Janice's amana freezer incident  (Read 479 times)

Offline harvsoul

• In Contestant's Row
I discovered the date of Janice's amana freezer incident
« on: May 03, 2024, 10:19:10 AM »
For many years, I had been looking for when the Amana Freezer almost fell on Janice. All I knew was that it happened in Season 4 and it was profiled on the "Janice, This is Your Strife" episode from May 1976. After all my searching and research, I found put when the incident aired:

This incident aired as Episode 1701D on December 01, 1975. Just thought you all would like to know.

As an added note, I also found out when Janice had problems with a pop up bar. That episode was 1591D which aired September 15, 1975

I could not find the airdate of when she drove the MGB too far on the set for the Lucky Seven game.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 10:43:30 AM by harvsoul »

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: I discovered the date of Janice's amana freezer incident
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 10:33:21 AM »
After all my searching and research

And just what did that entail that you were able to reach the conclusion you have reached?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline harvsoul

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 10:44:56 AM »
Just basic scouring and looking up dates and records. I try to do my research on this show when it comes to when events happened

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 10:53:46 AM »
Just basic scouring and looking up dates and records. I try to do my research on this show when it comes to when events happened

But what dates and records are you getting to see that are not already in the public domain?

Because, sure, those dates check out and could very well be the episodes on which those incidents occurred, but if that information was already available from a public source, how was it not put together before now?

If you've got access to records and things that are not floating around the Web somewhere, or got to see episodes that are not on the trading circuit, that's cool; but because your name's not Scott Robinson, a bit more detailed of an explanation of how you obtained this information would give your claims more credibility.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• 4/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • First person to ever see $2.75 in Pocket
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 05:37:58 PM »
This incident aired as Episode 1701D on December 01, 1975. Just thought you all would like to know.

If this is correct, the "1976" music package debuted a week earlier than we thought it did.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did
Oops, that isn't true anymore