Author Topic: Nighttime Episode on 2/14/86?  (Read 297 times)

Offline rpawlyv

• Outside in Line
Nighttime Episode on 2/14/86?
« on: April 18, 2024, 12:55:21 PM »
I was speaking with a coworker who mentioned their family won a car on 2/14/86 on a nighttime episode and was trying to find any footage or details. I was completely stumped- I don't see any records for nighttime shows until later that year with the Primetime Special. They won a red 1987 Fiero and I can't imagine they would forget that it was at night...

As I ask for any game information from that episode, anyone have a push in the right direction for me?  :lol:

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
Re: Nighttime Episode on 2/14/86?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 01:08:50 PM »
I think it's much more likely they don't have the right date. If they won a 1987 Fiero, it had to have been much much later in the year than February. Though I also checked all the 1986 primetime specials and they only offered one Fiero during the whole run, and it wasn't won.

Something's amiss here.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline rpawlyv

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 01:50:38 PM »
Yeah thats the line of thought I was having. Some additional information:

It was with Tom Kennedy, so not the primetime specials. That does add up with the nighttime shows he hosted that year. No data on the wiki for that week unfortunately.
The showcase was not won- it would have been for two more cars. Showcase was called Black and White.

EDIT: I think we found it- just have to wait to hear back from them again. If its new info I will put it up here so it can go in the archives or what have you. :]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:04:19 PM by rpawlyv »

Offline rpawlyv

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 02:22:39 PM »
Youtube ID -> watch?v=4tOlbLgqTm4 here it is! Was only uploaded a few years ago

I think what they had wrong was the car year- if it was taped in 1985 it has to be the 86 Fiero

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 09:41:04 PM »
That episode is from such a unique point in time for the show. Gene Wood announcing, the robot version of Johnny Olson in the first showcase, and the product voice-overs at the end by what I think is a young-sounding Rod Roddy. Cool.