Studio 33 - Price is Right Discussion > The TALK Is Right

Drew vows to stay as host until he dies

(1/4) > >>

mrbrown2195:
Drew Carey Vows to Never Retire From 'The Price Is Right': 'I Want to Die on Stage' (Exclusive)

illustriousrocket:
The enthusiasm he has now is what turned my impression on his performance dramatically around. I've never been quite able to pinpoint when exactly he shook off the blasé approach of the early years or why, but I'm enjoying the show again and the fun he's clearly having is a big part of it.

C8:
I’m a broken record but S52 may go down as one of the most magical seasons since my childhood (early 90s).

Drew has just found some spark and all the cylinders have clicked. He is having the time of his life. He and George and the models have a chemistry the show hasn’t had in 40 years. Drew is feeding off the constants and them off him. The show is in a new golden era.

This is great news IMO.

TPIRFan1995:
From the perspective of a Drew fan beginning when I was 5 on November 16th 2000 when I first saw Whose Line (the Robin Williams episode), I'm happy about this. As much as I love Bob and having great memories growing up with him from Seasons 29/30 to 35 in daytime and especially the Million Dollar Spectaculars, he made the show a little bit Bob-centric. Drew has that everyman persona that makes it feel welcoming. I enjoy his interactions with the contestants, the models and Rich and George. I'm looking forward to hopefully being called to Come On Down one day in my wheelchair and meeting Drew and the models in person (faves are Amber, Alexis, Rachel and Manuela) along with playing Plinko and spinning the Big Wheel and continuing the tradition of watching the show with my mom in both daytime and primetime and competing to see whose closest in winning a showcase.

ooboh:
Sounds like he wants to pull an Alex Trebek. I have no problem with that, I think he’s deserved it after 17 seasons. He has done a great job turning the show into his own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version