Author Topic: June 3-4-5 tapings  (Read 1984 times)

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
June 3-4-5 tapings
« on: May 25, 2024, 04:53:14 PM »
I'm going...tickets for 8am slot..hoping to also get into 11:30 at least one day

Anybody else going these dates?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: June 3-4-5 tapings
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 06:00:13 PM »
FYI 8AM is now the “forbidden” taping that recycles prizes from the other two.

If you get tickets to the 11:30 taping you might get into the 2PM show.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 06:06:19 PM »
FYI 8AM is now the “forbidden” taping that recycles prizes from the other two.

If you get tickets to the 11:30 taping you might get into the 2PM show.

I think the 230 is the forbidden one if you attend either of the first two.  Not sure how they could 'recycle' prizes from two later shows for the earliest show :)

I attended in early Feb and that is the way it was then.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 06:29:53 PM »
We attended yesterday. It’s a change for the new season.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 06:38:50 PM »
We attended yesterday. It’s a change for the new season.

I must be missing something here.  If you attend the 8am show how can you know the prizes/prices from the shows later in the day? 

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 08:49:18 PM »
What gamesurf is saying is that if you attend the 8 AM show, you can't attend either of the later shows. This is because what they now do is reuse some prizes from the 8 AM show at the 11:30 AM show, and reuse other prizes from the 8 AM show at the 2:30 PM show. But there's no significant (or perhaps even any) overlap between the prizes used for the 11:30 AM and the 2:30 PM shows, so you can attend both of those if space is available.

Offline DebonairDylan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 09:06:50 PM »
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but why does recycling prizes forbid you from attending a taping later in the day? You're not trying to be a contestant both times.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 09:20:36 PM »
Two reasons:

1. If you're not called the first time you go but are called the second time, you may remember prices from the first taping.
2. Even if you're not called at all, if you're vocal enough, you can help contestants on stage with that extra knowledge. As an extreme example, see the episode with the perfect bid on the showcase.

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 09:48:56 PM »
What gamesurf is saying is that if you attend the 8 AM show, you can't attend either of the later shows. This is because what they now do is reuse some prizes from the 8 AM show at the 11:30 AM show, and reuse other prizes from the 8 AM show at the 2:30 PM show. But there's no significant (or perhaps even any) overlap between the prizes used for the 11:30 AM and the 2:30 PM shows, so you can attend both of those if space is available.

Thanks.  I added ticket for the 1130 on Tuesday.  Monday and Wednesday I have 8am...no way to do the late show on Wed due to flight home time.  Easiest solutioin is just to COME ON DOWN on Monday!!!!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 10:46:12 PM »
Story time:

I went to Friday’s 11:30 show with some friends. We all had noticeable bright orange shirts.

We’ve had variable luck getting into second tapings, but George announced towards the end of the 11:30 show they had spots available for the 2PM show. We didn’t know how many. Right after George drew the final ball for the door prize, we all got up and powerwalked to the exit trying to beat the crowd.

At the end of the 2PM taping, George called us out. “Everybody stay seated, we have one more prize to give away—yeah, that means you in the orange! Thinking we didn’t see you leave early?”

George draws a numbered ball from the hopper. The number belongs to one of the people who was called as a contestant, who is currently backstage. George says, “oh that’s no fun, it has to be somebody who wasn’t called down today,” and draws another ball.

It is me, in the orange.

Do I endorse powerwalking to the door as a strategy? No. Was it really really really funny that immediately after George called us out we got rewarded for doing so? Yes.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2024, 05:16:16 AM »
June 3 is the first date of new taped?

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2024, 08:00:18 PM »
Landed in Burbank this afternoon.  Enjoying the finest in Glendale economy lodging..Nothing fancy but it works and is close to the studio

Tickets for Monday early, Tuesday mid-day (hopefully get room in the late show too!) and Wednesday early.  Fly home Wednesday evening.

Here is to hearing my name followed by 'COME ON DOWN'. 

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2024, 08:27:21 PM »
Landed in Burbank this afternoon.  Enjoying the finest in Glendale economy lodging..Nothing fancy but it works and is close to the studio

Tickets for Monday early, Tuesday mid-day (hopefully get room in the late show too!) and Wednesday early.  Fly home Wednesday evening.

Here is to hearing my name followed by 'COME ON DOWN'.

I didn't earn my gold star but being in that crowd was damn near a religious experience. Have a ton of fun!

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2024, 08:49:33 PM »
I didn't earn my gold star but being in that crowd was damn near a religious experience. Have a ton of fun!

I was there in early February during the LA monsoons.  I went to 5 shows.  I had people picked that were within 1 or 2 people of me 4 times.  I think I am 'due'

Offline furneralcar47

• 10/24/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • HELLO MAMA BEV!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2024, 09:54:13 PM »
If you are able to say, what is the audience raffle prize these days?

Before the move to Glendale it was a $100 bill.