Author Topic: 3 New Price is Right Commercials from 1980's from Australia  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 3 New Price is Right Commercials from 1980's from Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »
Love the Showcase board.

Set really does look wrong for early 1980s mind you considering  it didn't start in the 1970s like the US.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:34:59 PM »
I love the "BE THERE" tag at the end, licensed from NBC.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 06:41:35 PM »
Licensed?

I thought they just ripped of US networks in Aussie, remixing NBC news theme on Nine, We're Still The One on Seven, there's even Christmas VT video from a Seven station probably Melbourne taking the piss of the fact with bloopers then straight into an ABC identifier.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »

Patchy wrote:
Licensed?

I thought they just ripped of US networks in Aussie, remixing NBC news theme on Nine, We're Still The One on Seven, there's even Christmas VT video from a Seven station probably Melbourne taking the piss of the fact with bloopers then straight into an ABC identifier.

You forgot "60 Minutes" and "Nightline," too.  :-)

Yeah, they can't just rip all of that stuff off, especially since the Berne Convention.  I don't know who actually owns "The Mission" music, but the branding is owned by the networks and the Aussie networks have to pony up.

As a general rule, if the graphics of an international version have the exact same elements as the original American version, it was almost certainly licensed.  If there's a distinct similarity but it's not exactly the same (like Die Harald Schmidt Show), it's just a cheap copycat.

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »

Axl wrote:

You forgot "60 Minutes" and "Nightline," too.  :-)

Ah but I know they are licensed :D, quite like Aussie 60 Minutes, prefer the NZ one mind you.

No Andy Rooney mind you...

Axl wrote:
Yeah, they can't just rip all of that stuff off, especially since the Berne Convention.  I don't know who actually owns "The Mission" music, but the branding is owned by the networks and the Aussie networks have to pony up.

"The Mission" fantastic music.

Axl wrote:

As a general rule, if the graphics of an international version have the exact same elements as the original American version, it was almost certainly licensed.  If there's a distinct similarity but it's not exactly the same (like Die Harald Schmidt Show), it's just a cheap copycat.

I would of thought it was free game back in the days before globalisation of the world, but now im sure they be licensed.

And since my post it was GTV-9 who parodied the fact they used were still the one from ABC so must of been Nine not Seven.

Offline robbie_the_dips

• In Contestant's Row
  • Aussie TPIR Fanatic!