Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2024  (Read 4160 times)

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2024
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2024, 01:05:30 PM »
could just be Drew telling the social media "this is rigged" crowd to shut up without actually using those exact words, BECAUSE he lived through the Ted/Terry moment back in '08

you know the kinda folk i mean... saying EVERYTHING is rigged, win or lose

sidenote: $5 says they'd probably think the ACTUALLY rigged shows of the 50s/60s weren't rigged

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2024, 07:28:20 PM »
For what it's worth, I was just watching a YouTube compilation of single-digit double showcase winners through the years. There were some sub-$5 differences but at one point in the video, Bob says, about a $7 difference, that "that's as close as anyone has ever come to the price of their showcase."

(Video for reference:
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline The Last Outlaw

• In the Audience
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2024, 08:08:26 PM »
You talk about those viewers who scream at the TV at certain points during Game Shows, Friday, I was that viewer!

When Drew said, "So... let me tell ya... Let me just tell ya..."  I was like WHAT DREW?! WHAT?!?

Then he said the "magic" number: $39,501

I WAS DONE!  I WAS IN A STATE OF SHOCK!  I don't ever think it will get any better than that without doing a legit perfecto in the Showcase!

Offline TPIR98665

• In the Audience
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2024, 09:04:48 PM »
For what it's worth, I was just watching a YouTube compilation of single-digit double showcase winners through the years. There were some sub-$5 differences but at one point in the video, Bob says, about a $7 difference, that "that's as close as anyone has ever come to the price of their showcase."

(Video for reference:

GREAT compilation.  Thanks for posting

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2024, 10:34:00 PM »
Reportedly, a $1 DSW difference occured after the $2 one in March 1980 - how do I know, you ask? While it doesn't circulate on YouTube, it was mentioned on the next show by Bob!