Author Topic: Videos of tpir 1994  (Read 7033 times)

• In Contestant's Row
Videos of tpir 1994
« on: July 10, 2007, 01:23:43 AM »
Theres youtube videos of tpir Premiere with Doug Davidson

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

I throught this verson was good. I wish they kept contestent row and i don't like the Price was Right. But Doug did a good job he brought a diffrent feel to the show. I woudnt mind seeing him do the daytime show.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Videos of tpir 1994
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:34:37 AM »
I'd like to say that you are correct on 2 accounts.  They should have kept contestants row and they should not have used The Price was Right.  I must disagree with you on the idea that he did a good job.  IMO, he did not, he should NOT do the daytime show, and this version wasn't good at all.  I will give it to you that he did give it a "different" feel, but I wasn't a very good one.

I don't get what people see in this version.  I think it was terrible.  Many people will agree with me.  Yet, there are still a few that think it was good.  That, I will never understand.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 02:43:17 AM »
I thought that this version wasn't bad.  The problem was that  the Barker TPIR had already been established 22 years earlier.  It was for TNPIR '94 to live in a world where its sister show already had a cult following.  If the Davidson version was more like Barker's version it likely could have had a bit more success.  If Barker's TPIR had never existed, I think TNPIR '94 likely would have done okay.  But it's just too hard to live in the shadows of a television institution.

On a personal note, my internet is being cut tomorrow, so I won't be on posting nearly as frequently.  But I'll try to poke my head in now and then.

Priceguy

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
== JAY SEZ: ==
Kelly here... NOOOWWW... that I've seen this, my take on this:

-- Mr. Burton rocked it for me... PERIOD!!

-- Doug Davidson, cool... just do a few more shows and try not to stutter too much; too nervous, truthfully. I see he knows the games a bit, though. See? Even Y+R stars get love too!

IMO, Peter Tomarken (RIP), Ray Combs (RIP) or Todd Newton shoulda done it.

-- The format he used was coool; you hear ya name... you play ya game!! YAY!! Showdown -- they coulda still used the Big Wheel for big money. "The Price WAS Right" was OK, though. I liked it.

-- Showcase -- wikkid-kewl "Range Game"-style... he coulda said, "Make sure ya know when to stop, 'cuz we can't start it again 'til 39 1/2 hours!"

I agree with both you and Junky; there are some golden moments here. Now I know not to judge formats of a game show until after I actually watch it.

But you know what? I'll still stick to Barker's format. It's much better. At least you'll know where everything is.

Peace from Jason!
~JK~
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:36:11 PM »
To be honest. I was only 10 when they premiere TNPiR 94 with Davidson, and I thought from the very first show it will failed. And it did.

Oh, Burton is a great announcer I felt sorry for him that he needed to announce that show. No offense to Doug, it was an OK job but the system of the show wasn't there at all. And where they got those Beauties?

Overall IT STINK! Nuff Said. NEXT!!!
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 08:39:05 PM »
Dennis James and Tom Kennendy did a much better job with their Nighttime Version of TPiR and with the Barker format. But this one blows like when Family Feud brought back Richard Dawson to a different era of FF with only four family members. And a crappy classic setting. I think it was the same producers of TNPiR 94.
Welcome to my Jungle

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:47:55 PM »

Alex Alvarez wrote:
To be honest. I was only 10 when they premiere TNPiR 94 with Davidson, and I thought from the very first show it will failed.

Funny, I was 9 when it premiered and I thought it was the greatest thing ever! No, it wasn't the same as the daytime show, but it was Price is Right at 5:30pm - what could be wrong with that!?  :-)

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »

Footix wrote:

Alex Alvarez wrote:
To be honest. I was only 10 when they premiere TNPiR 94 with Davidson, and I thought from the very first show it will failed.

Funny, I was 9 when it premiered and I thought it was the greatest thing ever! No, it wasn't the same as the daytime show, but it was Price is Right at 5:30pm - what could be wrong with that!?  :-)

One thing, a different format and a different setting to the one I was already used to.
Welcome to my Jungle

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 02:21:48 PM »

Alex Alvarez wrote:

Footix wrote:

Alex Alvarez wrote:

One thing, a different format and a different setting to the one I was already used to.

That's two things....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »
My bad, make it three. Different Setting, Different format, and different Theme to the show by which it stink.

Nothing can remake the original theme.
Welcome to my Jungle

Offline Patchy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 02:42:04 PM »

Alex Alvarez wrote:

Nothing can remake the original theme.

I would think the Mexican version did and out classed it

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »
From Atinale al Precio. I forgot all about that theme. It does beat out the TNPIR 94. I love it that I should put that as a main theme on Myspace. lol
Welcome to my Jungle

Offline whewfan

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 03:41:45 PM »
A couple other things about Davidson's TPIR that were different...

In 3 Strikes, the first digit was always given. I suppose this was done as a timesaver.

For some reason, after the first playing of Magic #, they changed it so that the Magic # price tags were now on a stand instead of the models holding them. The Magic # display was superimposed in the center.

Clock Game was played with a digital clock on a video wall!

One very obvious change was that all of the turntable games were now played onstage.

Offline Trevtpir

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
Doug Davidson's version would have been better if:
1. the set had remained the same
2. the original daytime theme had been kept.
3. the losing horns had been there.

I liked the twists they put on the pricing games.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 10:16:18 AM »
I liked the set i wish it was just bidding 3 pricing games showcase showdown single person showcase. Like how Bruce's price is right is played