Author Topic: The Steve Wilkos Show 9/13/07 + Opinion on the show?  (Read 2733 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
The Steve Wilkos Show 9/13/07 + Opinion on the show?
« on: September 13, 2007, 02:39:22 PM »
Has anyone around here been watching The Steve Wilkos Show?  If you have, what do you think of the episodes so far?

As for me.....he is awesome.  IMO, if the first few episodes are any sign, this will be a very good show.  I'm watching today's episode and I'm liking how he's grilling this dude on stage.  (Some details from that show are in a reply further down.)

I liked how he handled things on Jerry Springer (e.g. getting into guys' faces when they tried to hit a female on stage, among others) and I like how he's handling things on his own show.  I really hope this show lasts a long time. :-)

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Steve Wilkos Show
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 05:52:19 PM »
I watched yesterday's show (missed today's show because I had to stay at school and fix a computer problem the *%#$&*^# idiot tech department didn't), and from what I can tell, Steve is even more amazing than he was when he had his go on Jerry's show.  Not only is Steve awesome, but you can sense a lot of concern and caring from him.

I have a small question: are those guys that sit back and yell "Steve!" in the audience every day?  It seems to add something to the show.

I also hope the Steve Wilkos Show lasts a very long time.  This is one that's actually really good.
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Steve Wilkos Show
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:20:38 PM »
Out of morbid curiosity, I TiVo'ed Wilkos' show off of WGN on Tuesday night.  I thought it would be Springer v2.0.  I was pleasantly surprised for the reasons listed above by the others.  While Wilkos is very in-your-face, he couldn't hold a candle to the ultimate confrontational talk show host, Morton Downey Jr.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
The Steve Wilkos Show 9/13/07
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:21:49 AM »
Here's some stuff about that show yesterday that I didn't mention in my opinion post.

The guest was a self-admitted child predator.  He ran a website where he teaches others how to do it and get away with it.  He also admitted to having sex with children ages 3-11 and had the nerve to claim it was "consentual."[/u]

Steve was in his face and this dude....no, wait....monster...seemed like he was shaken up, but he seemed like he refused to admit he's wrong to do what he does.  (I paid attention to most of the show, but I was doing some final exam work for an online business math class at the time while listening to the show.)

At the end, Steve said "As a gift for appearing on my show, here's a summons to appear in court!" and handed him a court summons.

They did have an "update" segment afterwards showing that this monster was arrested for not obeying a court order.  Unfortunately, he was able to get out and as of Sept. 8th, they say he may have moved to Portland, OR.

During the show, Steve said "If you were in a park and you came up to my daughter like that, I'd put a baseball bat to your face." or something similar to that.  I was hoping he would have done that right there on stage anyway and wiped the floor with the perverted SOB.

It's a shame there are people like this out there wanting to do this to young children. :-(

Offline ArenaPhoto

• In Contestant's Row
Re: The Steve Wilkos Show 9/13/07 + Opinion on the show?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »
I've had a chance to see bits and pieces of the show.  I really like it!  I think this show might have some legs on it and go for awhile.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »
For someone who really doesn't care for talk shows, I've always liked Steve. He pulls no punches. I wouldn't mind this one lasting a while.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »
Did you see one of the shows last week where he was going off on that lady who did things with her 6-year-old daughter?  He was at the brink of tears, and that vein in his head started popping out!

Steve was right.  That lady wasn't sorry for her daughter at all.  She was only sorry she got caught.  If I were Steve, I don't see how I couldn't have kept from killing that woman.   (I'm WAY, WAY too respectful toward the women in my life, too...)  Even though I'm a few years off being a father, I wouldn't be caught dead with that happening to my daughter.  I'm glad that lady's getting her 20 years, and if she thinks she's getting out before then, she's absolutely NUTS.

Steve!
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »
Yeah, I watched that episode (and got a lil' mad when they cut the audio off to broadcast an "Amber Alert" during Steve's yelling at her with about 5 or 10 minutes left in the show -- but, if it saved the child in question (or any child for that matter), then it was well worth it).

That was totally despicable (sp?) of that woman to do what she did.  Totally horrifying.

[gives the "Steeeeeve" chant]

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »
I just started watching some clips of Steve's show on YouTube; it's an awesome show!  I wonder though, the first clip I saw has Steve's show on the set of Jerry Springer.  What's up with that?  :hammer:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 10:06:16 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
I wonder though, the first clip I saw has Steve's show on the set of Jerry Springer.  What's up with that?  :hammer:

On occasion, before Steve got his own show, Jerry would take a break, Steve would host, and the issue for that episode would be something you might find on his new talk show.

Consider it a televised audition of sorts for getting his own show. ;-)

Offline luckymee

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 02:06:01 AM »
I am all for Steve making it with his show. His intentions are super and his people skills are the best. I only hope he does NOT fall into the constant smutty,trashy type guests on a regular basis such as the fake Jerry Springer Show.

I stopped watching Jerry years ago because of all the topless shots and the poor acting.

Steve deserves some EXCELLENT storylines and guests at an Oprah level to really strut his stuff and show America what he is about.

As for Jerry Springer, I like him doing all these others shows as an MC/Asst. MC.  Jerry has great people skills too and I think it was time for him to do something different.

I wish them both the best!!!!
luckymee / kadwash@comcast.net

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 10:57:38 AM »
luckymee wrote:

I stopped watching Jerry years ago because of all the topless shots...

You know, there are many, many reasons I don't watch Jerry Springer, but the presence of topless women is not one of them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.