Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006  (Read 39470 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:02:35 PM »
Episode #3342K - Taped June 27, 2005
(Postponed from September 27, 2005)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Tadashi

Introduced by Sen. David Vitter (R-LA)

1  Yamaha TTR230 Offroad Motorcycle (S)
CATHERINE 842   MONICA 1750   TRISHA 1200   RACHEL *2000   ($3374)

Rachel plays PUSHOVER for a trip to Barcelona (6n @ Hilton)(L)

Setup:   3 1 7 5 9 2 2 1 0
Pick:   [3 1 7 5]
Price:   $7592   LOSS

At first she had pointed at the '5' as if to suggest that might be her stopping point,
then she stopped on the '7' before completing the full push. She had that trip for all
of two seconds.

2  Ricardo Del Mar 4 pc Luggage Set (L&R)
+Catherine 950   +Monica *800   +Trisha 951   DENNIS 500   ($940)

Monica from New York plays TEMPTATION for a Dodge Caravan SE (Std., AT., Paint, RWD)(S)

sittingprettykitty.com 6' Cat Tree    $ 599  5/9   9     No Changes
Waterford Crystal Stemware              838  3/8   3    Goes for Car
(Panasonic) 27" TV/DVD/VCR Combo        499  4/9   9   Monica: $19,390
2 Yamaha Folk Acoustic Guitars          600  0/6   0   Price:  $19,340
                                      $2536                LOSS

3  Global Wizard Gumball Machine (R)
+Catherine 421   WENDY 275   +Trisha 399   Dennis *995   ($999)
                 STUPID BID   STUPID BID

Dennis plays CLOCK GAME

(GE Profile) Washer/Dryer (L)($828)
800 1000 900 875 850 825 860 845 830 820 825 828  WIN  (:13.5 left)

Best Summerly Sofa (S)($924)
2000 1800 "145" "12" 1000 "9" 995 950 925  TIME   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$  940   Monica   55 stay   .55
 1,827   Dennis   95 stay   .95   Through to Showcase Round
 3,374   Rachel   45 + 20   .65

Rich gets some face time, if only because he's handing off the duty - briefly - to an
audience member. O....K....

4  Palecek South Island Desk/Chair (S)
+Catherine 1200   Wendy 700   +Trisha 950   HAL 650   ($1942)

Catherine plays SIDE BY SIDE for a Great Lakes Almost Heaven Barrel Sauna (R)

$(52)<--45   WIN!

5  Famous Trails Nightvision Package (L&S)
KAREN *1250   Wendy 850   +Trisha 1200   Hal 1050   ($1310)

Karen plays COVER UP for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., App., Gearbox, Sealer, FabProt)(R)

Setup   3     1st Try   [1][8] 2 [7] 9
       5 9     2nd Try   [1][8][5][7][1]   WIN!
     0 7 7
   8 2 1 4
 1 4 5 3 1
3 1 8 0 6
$2 6 4 8 2

This show may have been simmering 'in the can' somewhere for almost a year, but the
situation remains unchanged. Tricia is still in the Row, her only hope is to get out
of it, and banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club awaits if she fails. See,
nothing's changed...

6  Johnston Steel Baker's Rack (R)
DANIEL 650   Wendy 750   +Trisha *1100   Hal 950   ($1683)

Trisha escapes! She plays HI LO for a Chevy Cobalt (Std., AC, Susp, 145hp, AODrive,
Spoiler, AirBag, ALB)(L)($16,110)

(6) Viactiv Calcium Chews (60)              $ 7.99
"HI" ROW   (5) Nestle Good Start Baby Formula           11.58
           (2) Airborne Gummi Lozenges                 > 2.59<

(1) Flexitol Hand Balm                        4.99
"LO" ROW   (3) (David) Jalapeno Sunflower Seeds (bag)    1.09
           (4) SnoreStop NasoSpray                       8.99   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$ 1,683   Trisha      95 stay   .95   Through to Showcase Round
  7,187   Catherine   10 + 45   .55   (Puny 2nd Spin)
 19,881   Karen        5 + 85   .90

SHOWCASE ROUND
Dennis has the honor.

SC1-Trisha   TPiR CONTESTANT LINE
BID   $17,500   Trip to New Orleans (5n; SW Airlines Vacations)(S)
PRICE    19,272   (Dell) Laptop Computer (L)
DIFF    -1,772   Viking 12n European Cruise (via Amsterdam)(R)
TOTAL   $20,995

SC2-Dennis   GIRLZ IN THE MALL
BID   $30,100   Dunlop His/Her Tennis Equipment
PRICE    26,532   Hippo His/Her Golf Equipment
DIFF      OVER   (Nintendo) Donkey Kong Combo Video Arcade Game (L&S)
      Ford F150 (Std., V6, AC, AT)(All)

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $53,404

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
Pushover: Well, somebody realized that the producers tend to shoot the correct price at the end of the line. Today, it didn't work out.

Temptation: I'm surprised the digit Monica didn't lose on wasn't the third digit, as she could have been easily tripped with the 8. But there is no excuse for missing the fourth digit.

Clock Game: Dennis was not on his game.

Calldown 4: What the heck gave that fan permission to call the next person to come on down? That was neat!

Side by Side: Fairly easy.

Cover Up: Well done! I thought it was $18,516.

Hi-Lo: I was shocked to see this played for a car! There were four products that were possible choices- the baby formula, the vitamin chews, the foot cream, and the snore aid. It's too bad she had to blow it by choosing the allergy medicine, because she was doing so well up until then.

Showcases: Both were pretty nice today. That F-150 continues to throw people off in showcases, and this episode was no exception. I was surprised it was so cheap, given an arcade game was also involved.

Overall: Things got better as soon as the fan got to call the next person to "Come on down!".

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »
Pushover- Ouch! The moment that Rachel went pass $7524 there was no doubt in my mind she had lost.

Temptation- Monica should have took the prizes  and run with it. I had a feeling that one of the numbers were wrong.

Clock Game-Ugh! Whatit just me or did Dennis seem to be scattered.

Cover up-Karen couldn't haven't played that any better, nice win.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:48:39 PM »
Good lineup.  Great show.

Nice to see Bob involving more audience members in bits. (Like allowing them to call someone down)  That's a throwback to years past!
John

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »
Trisha was a lot of fun.  She just "knew" she was going to win the showcase, so yay for psychic sense!  Not that she'd have been too upset if she were wrong, but nothing wrong with her optimism, and just being happy getting up there in the first place!  And it's always nice having the day's best contestant make it to and win the showcase, anyway!

I liked Catherine a lot for no real reason besides her $421 bid on the gumball machine.  Even though the bid didn't win, just that she'd avoid the evil $420 bid like that .

I wonder why Bob never explained the rules for Clock Game to Dennis.  When Bob asked if he knew how to play, Dennis said he only sorta' knew how to play, and Bob never did tell him how to play, or try to make sure he understood how to play.  That was odd.  As it is, Dennis did seem to know sorta' how to play, with "sorta" being the key word.

I do have to give Dennis some credit for realizing how many prices in the real world end in 95, though.  He'd have won a typical playing of Coming or Going easily !

Today's gifts had to be the junkiest gift package offered in Temptation in years.  Even the TV was absolutely nothing special.  Despite how obviously wrong the second 9 was, I really can't blame Monica at all for risking the gifts today.

The audience member calling down the fourth contestant?  Really weird.  I'm sorry to say I was completely unimpressed by it.  Guess it's nice that Rich got on camera, though!

As nice as it was seeing Hi Lo for a car, I do wish Roger could've switched the slots for Hi Lo and Push Over.  A car could've actually justified playing a grocery game in the first slot for the first time in years.

I was surprised that there was no SP in this show, since SP-less shows were so rare earlier in the season, and today's lineup didn't seem to justify it.  I don't think I'll ever fully understand that system.

sternal wrote:  Temptation- Monica should have took the prizes  and run with it. I had a feeling that one of the numbers were wrong.

No.  Instead of running with the gifts, she should've just changed that second nine.

sternal wrote:  Cover up-Karen couldn't haven't played that any better, nice win.

Um, she didn't really play particularly well.  She got lucky that the fourth digit actually was high for a change, though.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 02:11:20 PM »
I have two quick comments:

Temptation: I knew from the git-go Monica had lost when she bid $19,390. And I had a hunch she should went with the "4" on the third prize and not the "9"

Clock Game: Too bad he lost. I was really confused when I saw the yellow board. When I saw it I thought "oh wow, they decided blue didn't really work and changed it back." Then I remembered today was a "lost episode" that was taped before Hurricane Katrina. For some reason whenever I see the current board, I want to change the name to the "Crayola Game." It makes me think of Crayola crayons for some reason.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 02:14:52 PM »
I know Rachel from Push Over.  She's a student from the University of Pittsburgh and is from Connellsville (sp?) PA.  She'll be entering her junior year and has probably been watching PIR on KDKA, Channel 2 in Pittsburgh.  I know that heels gave her a smilely, but being on her floor freshman year, beauty isn't everything.  Let's just say she kept her door open at bad times.

A shame she lost.  I would have thought $5K.

Hi Lo for a car was interesting and admittedly tough.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »
Monday, June 12, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #233, Catherine, AND #234, Monica, AND #235, Rachel! The second 3-hottie bidding round this season!!! :-D

Clock Game- Just a few more seconds and he would've had it. He took way too much time on the first prize.

Hi Lo- Ouch, that's painful loss. A car being won in Hi Lo would've been pretty sweet.

Showcase- New Orleans goes 2-for-2! Good to see. :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Catherine.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Fairly uneventful show today... Grade: 1

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:32:39 PM »
You know, heels, Trisha is going to feel left out on your first bidding round comments.  Then again, I'd have picked Karen over your choices, so what do I know .

Joe_Mello wrote:  I know Rachel from Push Over...I know that heels gave her a smilely, but being on her floor freshman year, beauty isn't everything.

That is both cryptic and confusing.  You don't sound like you like her, but you also sound disappointed that she lost.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »
Push Over: I had a feeling Rachel had it right for a second before she made her final push. I thought she made a bad aftermove. She did.

The Temptation of Price: "Two 9s? I think you should change that second 9." [The buzzer] "Oh, if Monica should've changed it..."

Clock Game: Oooh, I didn't think Dennis would get both, especially during those 1000+ bids for the sofa.

Side by Side: I wasn't too sure. My best guess would be 5245.

Cover Up: Once again, using double numbers fooled me. Because of what happened on Temptation, I didn't think Karen wouldn't win with 18571. Give me a couple of buzzers.

Hi-Lo: It's been a while since I've seen someone trip up on the Airborne Gummies, even though this was a backdated show.

Crud. My tape ended after Hi-Lo. I missed the New Orleans offer in the Showcase. I would've been even more upset if there was another full credit roll like last time. But since I didn't see any other posts about it, I think it didn't happen.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 02:59:02 PM »
Frank15 wrote:
Joe_Mello wrote:  I know Rachel from Push Over...I know that heels gave her a smilely, but being on her floor freshman year, beauty isn't everything.

That is both cryptic and confusing.  You don't sound like you like her, but you also sound disappointed that she lost.

I don't NOT like her.  She's a very nice person that just has a few bad habits that are NWS and that's all that we need to be discussed.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »
Push Over: I had a bad feeling Rachel shoved the price down too far.

Temptation: I knew Monica lost once she left the sencond 9 alone.

Clock Game: I really wanted Derek to win.  Then again, starting with the $1000 range would cost him.

Side by side: I knew $5245 was correct.

Cover Up- Nicely played.

Hi-Lo, I was surprised that it was grest to see this game played for a car.  But darn, I figured the Airborne would trip up Trisha.

Showcases: I was surpised that Trisha made a good bid on the FRCS.  I had a hunch Derek would go over.

Overall: It was a fairly average show.

PS: thewhammy_2000, the split screen credits were used, so you're safe.

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 03:25:55 PM »
This was a fun show, not perfect but very fun. I loved Rich on camera. Even it was only to let some dweeb call somebody down.

Catherine, when you jump up and spin the wheel, there is no excuse not to get it all the way around. Glad you didn't lose a tooth. LOL

And did anyone else notice that this postponed episode was aired while Alberto is in the Gulf? I thought that was funny as hell.

Don't worry, it's not going to New Orleans and it's only a category 1 as of this typing, but it is coming here. But still, I thought that was funny.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
backbiter wrote:  Catherine, when you jump up and spin the wheel, there is no excuse not to get it all the way around.

Actually, the one time she didn't get the wheel all the way around was the one time she didn't perform a jumping spin.  I guess Bob talked her out of trying that for her second spin, but then, since she couldn't get it all the way around the normal way, she did a jumping spin again the third time.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 05:32:14 PM »
Pushover: Too bad, we were due for an all the way push, but not today!

Temptation: Well, 2500 total for the 4 prizes, I would have went for the car. Should have changed that second 9, I knew when she went for it she was hit.

Clock Game: If he wouldn't have stumbled in that first prize, he would have got the second one right(wasted time!)

4th One Bid..Whoa....How did Rich keep the contestant from seeing if his name was on the list for 5th or 6th one bid? Very nice to see Rich!

Side: I thought we were gonna see DP, but hey, what's the difference. A win(and a yawn, as usual for this one..)

Cover: Could have been tricky with that 1 on the end, but she won!

Hi/Lo: Has the snore stop been on here before? 8.99 sounds a little low for that anyway....

BIG QUESTION: What happens to the contestant who won the NOLA trip? Substituted trip? Anyone know?