Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006  (Read 39483 times)

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:31 PM »
backbiter wrote:
And did anyone else notice that this postponed episode was aired while Alberto is in the Gulf? I thought that was funny as hell.

I gotta bite on this one, what the hell is so funny about the upcoming record busy (again unfortunately) hurricane season? I live hundreds of miles from the gulf and don't see the humor in your smart alec remark.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 05:44:48 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Monica!  :-P

PG #1 - Wow, that was more expensive than I thought!  I would've said $5,922.

PG #2 - This is gonna sound strange, but Tempty was actually winnable today!  The only toss-up number was the third number (3 or 8).  This game absolutely should not have been lost on the fourth number.  Roger would not be that evil as to double up any number in Tempty.

PG #3 - I'm sorry, but that prize cue absolutely does not belong in Clock Game.  For not knowing how to play this game, Dennis actually played it better than some contestants who do know how to play.

SCSD #1 - Darn, Dennis knocked the hottie out of the game.  Well, Stu Dunfy of "In Living Color" said it best:  "The wheel can be a ho."

Before One-Bid #4 - Yay!  Rich on camera!  :-D  :-D  :-D  And Britland, don't quit your day job.

PG #4 - Yay!  Side By Side!  :-P

One-Bid #5 - I've never seen a contestant before with Secret X written on her T-shirt.

PG #5 - Cover Up again?  Didn't we just play this... oh, never mind.  Hallelujah!  Somebody picked 1 as the last number in a Pontiac!  :-D

PG #6 - "Man, these are some tough products.  Why would Roger make this game so hard today?  He'd do it if we were playing for a car, but there's no way in Hell that Hi-Lo is gonna get played for a-- :-o oh my God, Hi-Lo is getting played for a car!"  So when was the last time Hi-Lo was played for a car?  The sunflower seeds was the only product up there that obviously did not belong on the "Hi" row.  With products as tough as those, this game should've been played for a nice car instead of a Cobalt.

Showcases - It's time for CSS, with special guest David Vitter!  :-)  

My bids - FRCS:  $15,100.  Truck:  $23,700.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 07:09:22 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Push Over -- 1:17
Temptation -- 4:20
Check Game -- 2:19
Side by Side -- :52
Cover Up -- 2:18
Hi Lo -- 3:18

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 08:48:47 PM »
Show #6243

A piece of trivia
This episode broke #2683K's (OSAD: 03/26/03, AIR: 09/02/03) record in the longest delay of a daytime TPIR on March 7, 2006.

Showcase #1
Trip to New Orleans, and WWL is off their feet! (Google link included) - $2,093
Dell Laptop Computer - $1,206
Viking 12n European Cruise - $15,973

Showcase #2
Dunlop His/Her Tennis Equipment - $650
Hippo His/Her Golf Equipment - $798
Nintendo Donkey Kong Combo Video Arcade Game - $3,395
Ford F-150 - $21,689

Modeling Report for Google's 7th anniversary, which was none other than September 27, 2005
Check this out, modeling totals on a WeatherStar 4000!

Shane Stirling would later reach the $1,000,000 mark on November 21, $2,000,000 on January 9, $3,000,000 on March 3, and $4,000,000 in the last week of May.  She currently has the lead this season.

Lanisha Cole would later reach the $1,000,000 mark on December 23 and $2,000,000 on March 10.

Rachel Reynolds would later reach the $1,000,000 mark on November 9, $2,000,000 on March 28, and $3,000,000 on May 23.

From September 27...let's fast forward to September 30, the end of Week #334K
[color=0000FF]High - $97,613 (Shane Stirling, the last show before this one, September 26)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Low - $25,326 (Lanisha Cole, the very next show, September 28)[/color]

All 24 prizes on this show totaled $127,198!  Also, I have put this show and October 17's show on a DVD+R without commercials.  I even separated the PSAs from the episodes.

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 08:57:37 PM »
Gotta love the classic Weather Channel for the background! Too good dude!

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 09:05:02 PM »
I just wanted to say hello to everyone.  I'm Rachel from today's show. I spoke to a few people on the "talk is right" board before I ever went out to California, and now that the show has finally aired, I thought I would come back.  I certainly do not enjoy the comments with my personal information posted and anything not true and slanderous that is said by this person, but the other ones are always great.  Looking at the show, I knew I messed up, too.  Although, I got to see it a long time ago as TPIR sent me a dvd in about January since the show was so delayed.  Any other questions are certainly welcome.  Thanks for the smiles!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »
David Vitter is a horrible speaker.

I'm kind of disappointed...I've known since October that Plinko wasn't played this week, but it never, ever crossed my mind that this was actually the first show of the season without a small prize game.

I'm not going to say Push Over necessarily should have been won, but it certainly shouldn't have been lost that way.

Temptation was actually pretty easy as long as you got the third number right.  It was sort of painful to watch the end of the game -- you knew the price wasn't going to have the second and fourth numbers both be 9.

Dennis seemed like a nice enough guy, but he never quite got the hang of Clock Game.

This might be the most face time I've ever seen Rich get.  It was awesome to see him on-camera for so long -- I don't even care about the audience member calling the contestant.  (Rich obviously did, though, which was also great -- he was clearly having a ball with the whole thing.)

I really hope some of the summer reruns are from early in the season just so we can see some more episodes with the mid-show bumper.

Hi Lo was winnable, but it certainly wasn't a gimme.  I had a hunch as soon as I saw the Airborne that it was the cheap package.

The showcases were both pretty good...the first one had a neat theme, and I thought it was neat that they actually worked a story into the Mall showcase.

Assuming that the credits airing on the October 17 show had something to do with it running on Memorial Day or a mistake that they "fixed" on this episode after discovering it on that one, I really wish they'd run this program first -- there was a full credit roll today.

br wrote:

Side: I thought we were gonna see DP

That's pretty darn unlikely, since Double Prices was played on this week's Friday show.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline CaseyBuck

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 10:42:50 PM »
Jacob Wilkey wrote: Check this out, modeling totals on a WeatherStar 4000!
(MOD NOTE: See original post, quoted image deleted - JC)]

Now that'll get people to watch The Weather Channel! :-)

Nice job.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
And congrats to you, Rachel! Tough break in Push Over, you almost had the trip!

John or Marc should be upgrading you to Glod Star status any time now.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »

Jacob Wilkey wrote:
(a really sweet WeatherStar 4000 graphic)

Dude, that's awesome! How the heck did you do that? Nice work.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »
Too bad Forrest left for camp last week.  He'd love that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 12:23:24 AM »
Jacob Wilkey just won an internet.

Hi Rachel! :D  Good to see you poke your head in.  I have two questions:

1) This DVD you got?  Was it the PiR DVD game or something random?

2) I assume you'll be keeping the motorcycle?  Western Pennsylvania seems like bike territory (unless your name is Ben Rothlisberger.)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 12:27:10 AM »
heck, the weather channel where i live does not have that kind of graphic anymore.  but how I miss that graphic though. also, rachael, did that audience member bug bob that much to call that 4th one bid contestant down.  just wondering.

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 12:45:18 AM »
1) This DVD you got? Was it the PiR DVD game or something random?

It is the actual DVD of the show I was on.  The Price Is Right sent it to me with a letter saying they hoped to air the show by the end of 2006.  (This was in late January.)  A lot of people in McCormick saw it last winter.  It's a amusing because it has blank space in it for commerical breaks, as in black space on the DVD where the commericals went today.

2) I assume you'll be keeping the motorcycle? Western Pennsylvania seems like bike territory (unless your name is Ben Rothlisberger.)

Why would an Eagle's fan bring that up?  Haha...No, actually.  The bike is huge, far too big for me.  As can only happen in Southwestern Pa, I traded it in for half of my current car (my dad paid the other half).  I figured it was best that someone had it who could actually get some use out of it.  I'm in the city 9 months a year anyways. (see facebook if you're curious for some pics, but they're not all there)  BTW, the dealership still hasn't sold it...Here it is.

also, rachael, did that audience member bug bob that much to call that 4th one bid contestant down. just wondering.

Nah...not really, he told Rich that he wanted his job someday.  Bob asked him to come up to the mic during the previous commerical break, and Bob thought he was so good he let him do it on camera.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 12:55:58 AM »
Half of a car?  Isn't that some other game? :P