Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006  (Read 39473 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/12/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 12:58:26 AM »
froggirl1022 wrote:

It is the actual DVD of the show I was on.  The Price Is Right sent it to me with a letter saying they hoped to air the show by the end of 2006.  (This was in late January.)  A lot of people in McCormick saw it last winter.  It's a amusing because it has blank space in it for commerical breaks, as in black space on the DVD where the commericals went today.

Since I'm a geek about this sort of thing...does the DVD have the slate at the beginning, or does it just begin with the actual episode?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 01:03:21 AM »
It begins with the actual episode.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 01:07:24 AM »
And just because I know how KDKA rolls, did you get 10 seconds on the Noon news?  I can't imagine that you didn't even with the Rothlisberger incident.

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 01:08:02 AM »
I did, of course.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 04:02:40 AM »
Pushover: I wasn't sure whether to go with $5,922, or $7,592 here. What I do know is the second Rachel went past the seven, this game was toast. You're not going to get to Barcelona on $3,175 unless you get shipped there in a crate.

Temptation: One of the few times where I would've won the car on this game... A shame Monica didn't change that second 9 to a 4.. :-?

All Prizes Are Less Than $999: First Dennis didn't exactly do too well on the washer/dryer, then his first five guesses on the sofa are over $1,000?! Ugh... That was painful to watch.

Pre-IUFB #4: Uhhh.. That was, uhh... interesting. How the heck did an audience member get the chance to play announcer?

Side By Side: Having seen that sauna enough, that was obviously $5,245.. And for anyone who hasn't seen the sauna before, $5,245 just looked better than $4,552 anyway... Wheee! A win!

Cover Up: You know, I was more than a little worried here after Karen's first turn.. But she managed to not only pick the 1 on the second turn, but get the 5 right as well.. Wow.. Two in a row!

Hi-Lo: Trisha must've gotten herself mixed up, thinking the "Gummi lozenges" was the regular ol' Airborne.. Not that would've saved her with the SnoreStop being $8.99... Brutal setup. Ouch.

Showcases: It's always nice to see someone give a pretty decent bid on a showcase with trips, instead of falling into the $15,000 or less trap we see a lot of.. I was thinking $18,000 myself, but $17,500 was a pretty nice bid (and I was shocked it turned out to be $19,000 and change, though Trisha was still in pretty good shape)..

As far as Dennis'.. While an F150 is more expensive than a Ranger, it's not an Explorer.. I was thinking $25,500, and had absolutely no doubt he was well over at $30,100...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »
Roddyfan, they haven't used that graphic on TWC in at least 6 years(probably more actually). And if you have satellite, you'd never see the local anyways..

Rachel, glad to hear they at least cared to send you the tape/dvd of your show considering that it may have never aired at all.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »
backbiter wrote:
And did anyone else notice that this postponed episode was aired while Alberto is in the Gulf? I thought that was funny as hell.

That was ironic to say the least...and some of the media around here were hyping Alberto as if Death Itself were swirling in the Gulf. As far as I'm concerned, Death Itself struck on August 29th (and went right over my backyard as a category 1 storm 4 days before).

Over here we missed the introduction and the show opening due to WFOR channel 4's bulletin on Tropical Storm Alberto. I didn't mind that as much as I minded the 90 seconds of ads and plugs that they insisted on airing after the bulletin. That's a bad habit they have.

So as a result we joined in just as Rich begins describing the motorbikes for one-bid #1.

Pushover: Going all the way to the end didn't make sense today. Either the $7520 or $5922 prices looked good, with $7520 looking better. Too bad Rachel kept going...she knew the game allright, but she knew it too well.

Temptation: The 3rd digit tripped me up as well. The $19,390 just didn't look right to me.

Clock Game: Nice to see the yellow board again. Too bad Dennis lost it by $1, he seemed to have gotten a reasonable grasp of it.

Wow, some Joe Q. Plinko gets to call a contestant down. All the wierd stuff seems to happen on preempted shows...

And of course it's nice to see Rich get some face time.

Side By Side: It was nice seeing this again (maybe it was on one of the recent shows I haven't seen).

Cover-Up: I'd seen that price before so I was rooting for her to pick the 1 as the last digit.

Hi-Lo: Once Trisha picked the lozenges, it was all over.

Showcases: A contestant and I had the ESP thing going again. Trish and I both went with $17,500. And somewhat similarly...Dennis and I both went over. I bid $27,000 on his showcase.

Interesting show today.

EDIT: Jacob, that was some good work you did with that Weatherstar 4000 graphic! My cable system last used it around mid-1998.
EDIT 2: (since for once I didn't read all the posts before replying    :oops: ) Hello, Sarah. Too bad you lost the trip, but I hope you had fun anyway.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 12:49:57 PM »
br wrote:

Roddyfan, they haven't used that graphic on TWC in at least 6 years(probably more actually).

Not true.  It all depends on where you live.  In fact, the one around here didn't start using that graphic until about six years ago.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »
You know... I think this is the first time a contestant I've given a :-D to has joined us here on the boards. I love it! Good to have you with us, Rachel. :-)

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
Thank you, heels  :-D

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 05:01:26 PM »
I would have lost Push Over today. I was thinking the $5,000 one. The right price just seemed.....too expensive.

Tempy, on the other hand, seemed easy. Unless we were to be fooled with two 9s, it should have been easy.

Of course, that third number was a little bit tricky.

*sigh* We might as well offer $1,000+ items in Clock Game, if people go that high anyway. Tough loss, all the same.

Side by Side, covered in dust, as usual. I'll bet we see this one more time before the season is through.

Cover Up gets no comment today as I can't think of one.  :-)

That Airborne! No wonder this was for a car. :-x

Good to see someone go in the $30,000s on a showcase that could have been in the $30,000s. Did that make any sense?

Overall: I wasn't too impressed with the way that 4th contstant was called down, but between giving Rich more face time, and the poster with Bob on it, it was a decent show.

Offline CaseyBuck

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 05:09:56 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
br wrote:

Roddyfan, they haven't used that graphic on TWC in at least 6 years(probably more actually).

Not true.  It all depends on where you live.  In fact, the one around here didn't start using that graphic until about six years ago.

It's sort of confusing; each cable company's headend has a different WeatherSTAR computer (which is responsible for the local forecast graphics, and information). Most use the IntelliSTAR, which came out in 2004, or the WeatherSTAR XL, which came out in 1998.

However, since Steve is in such a small town, his cable company still has the WeatherSTAR 4000 (which by the way, still uses the old, rounded TWC logo, and  came out in the late '80s!), because it probably couldn't afford one of the newer STARs.

Consider yourself lucky, Steve. 4000s that are still in use are very rare these days!

Whew, better get back on topic here...

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2006, 02:55:07 PM »

froggirl1022 wrote:
It is the actual DVD of the show I was on.  The Price Is Right sent it to me with a letter saying they hoped to air the show by the end of 2006.  (This was in late January.)  A lot of people in McCormick saw it last winter.  It's a amusing because it has blank space in it for commerical breaks, as in black space on the DVD where the commericals went today.

Nice to hear CBS was thinking of the contestants having to suffer an indefinite delay before getting to see their episode.

Anyway, Steve asked about the slate, but I'm curious about a few other things.  I assume there was no CBS bug in the corner of this DVD recording, was there?  And did it include the real credits?  Plus, what kind of a title menu was there for the DVD?  Was it something with a little creativity, or just a standard title list seen for something recorded on a DVD recorder?  Plus, did the disc have any special label on it, or was the episode number and date just written in with a marker?

Yeah, I know this is a lot, but this is the first time I've heard of the show providing episode copies to the contestants.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline JROCALOT

• Outside in Line
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2006, 08:48:27 AM »
Does anyone know how to get a copy of an episode?  Need a copy of this show from 6/12/06.  Can anyone help out?

Offline froggirl1022

• Outside in Line
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
Anyway, Steve asked about the slate, but I'm curious about a few other things. I assume there was no CBS bug in the corner of this DVD recording, was there? And did it include the real credits? Plus, what kind of a title menu was there for the DVD? Was it something with a little creativity, or just a standard title list seen for something recorded on a DVD recorder? Plus, did the disc have any special label on it, or was the episode number and date just written in with a marker?

No, there was no CBS bug.  It included the normal credits.  The menu was divided into 6 parts.  You could start that the bigening of the 6 game segments, that was all.  The label simply said "TPIR #3342K" written in black maker.  

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  I've been working a lot.  I hope I answered everything you were looking for, but if I didn't feel free to ask more.