Author Topic: FOX news names new host?  (Read 3624 times)

Offline z31kid

• Outside in Line
FOX news names new host?
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
I didn't hear or see the feature but one of my friends just sent me an IM saying he just heard on FOX News that Drew Carey was selected to be the new host - he has to do two trial shows before they issue the contract but he's the one.

Anyone else see this on TV?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: FOX news names new host?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
z31kid wrote:

I didn't hear or see the feature but one of my friends just sent me an IM saying he just heard on FOX News that Drew Carey was selected to be the new host...

Are you kidding me?  You cannot be serious!  Seriously, this has got to be a joke; although I really want to see this search end quickly.  :-x  :-x
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:36 AM »
If this was stated on "Fox and Friends," then I guarantee you all they did was read that bit in the New York Daily News.  Here's how that show works:

1. Anchors read story out of New York-area newspaper.

2. Anchors discuss story.

3. Repeat.

Unless it came from Roger Friedman or Bill McCuddy, I wouldn't even give it a second thought about being any sort of "confirmation."

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »
Mr. Carey himself (who might not be as bad a host as we would believe) has said that it's speculation as well.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 11:23:57 AM »
It's not true and final yet.  Trust me an announcement this big would have ALL over the news wires and shows by now.

jimlange

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:16:15 PM »
While I don't think Drew Carey is going to get the gig, I am also thinking that someone will get it that we don't expect.  If Newton or Steines were going to get the job, how come they haven't made their decision yet?  They have been the frontrunners for quite some time now, but the producers don't feel compelled enough to pass on the mic to one of them.  I expect to hear an announcement fairly soon which will surprise us with the host selection.  But, I have been wrong in the past ;-)

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:52 PM »
If Drew Carey is hosting Power of Ten, then it doesn't seem like he'll have time to host that and The Price is Right.  Also, all he has to do is two trial shows to be offered the job.  It seems that how he hosts the trial shows won't have an effect on the decision.  It doesn't seem right that he will be host, regardless of how he does on the trial shows.  Also, as mentioned above, wouldn't it have been all over the news, if Drew Carey was the one?

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »

JokerFan wrote:
If Drew Carey is hosting Power of Ten, then it doesn't seem like he'll have time to host that and The Price is Right.  Also, all he has to do is two trial shows to be offered the job.  It seems that how he hosts the trial shows won't have an effect on the decision.  It doesn't seem right that he will be host, regardless of how he does on the trial shows.  Also, as mentioned above, wouldn't it have been all over the news, if Drew Carey was the one?

You hit the nail right on the head! :hammer:
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 02:18:05 PM »
If this was stated on "Fox and Friends," then I guarantee you all they did was read that bit in the New York Daily News. Here's how that show works:

1. Anchors read story out of New York-area newspaper.

Probably the New York Post, which just happens to be owned by their boss, Rupert Murdoch.