Author Topic: "Other" changes for season 36  (Read 19819 times)

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: "Other" changes for season 36
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 03:49:30 AM »
The show's classic elements have dwindled away over the years. It would not surprise me should Fremantle use the change in hosts to usher in more of what they consider to be "contemporary" updates.

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 10:55:47 AM »
The jib camera "jazzed up" the intro? Absurd. It was strange, awkward, not to mention out of place in daytime, and if the jib camera was used, more than likely the light box would be eliminated in favor of using the computer-generated capture of the light box that was usually seen after the 4th PG. (If you paid attention to the open of Bob's last show, that was not a live shot of the light box.)

TVC, I am afraid I have to agree with you - we all saw what happened when Syd Vinnedge had his say in what should happen on Price, and luckily we were spared getting a main theme change. I don't think Drew himself is wanting to change things on Price, but I have a feeling Fremantle has something up their sleeves. No major overhaul of course, but things that will be "phased in" as not to alienate staff veterans or veteran viewers like us at first. (I would not at all be surprised if they choose to phase out any music made before 1994, at which point I would not care to record the show any longer.)

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »
You know, I wouldn't be upset if they decided to make some changes...I went and looked at Barker's finale, and actually the light border seemed a bit more- crisp. The music thing- I would be happier if we had a mix of old, new, and updated cues...kind of what the show has now, but less emphasis on the 94 package.

However, the jib camera, as cool as it is, is best left for nighttime.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »

compdude512 wrote:

gamefro wrote:
The microphone, on the other hand, will most likely become wireless and may even be of the thicker style (like Ray Combs' on Feud or Bob Eubanks' on Card Sharks) that is a common to stand-up comedians.

I doubt it will be one of those.  They were made by Vega, and they went out of business a few years ago.

I'd like to see one of these mics in Drew's hand, but I doubt that will happen.  And for those of you who were wondering what was used on Whose Line, they were Shure mics.  Could we possibly see the UR2/KSM9 on Price?  Only time will tell.

EDIT: I just remembered that since Price has Neumann mics throughout, it'll probably be one of those Sennheiser wireless mics with the Neumann cartridge seen here:

http://www.neumann.com/?lang=en&id=current_microphones&cid=kk105s_description

I was just referring to the 'style' of mic that Combs and Eubanks were using, as opposed to any particular brand or model: A thicker handheld wireless mic, as opposed to a long thin mic (like Barker or Gene Rayburn used) or a lapel mic.

BTW: It always amazes me when somebody knows obscure information like that.  It's one of the reasons I like coming to this site.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline ewalker3

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 05:09:43 PM »
you mean a normal mic like a sony or more likely used at CBS: the sennheiser mics (like doug davidson used)? they could..

as i said earlier, aparently for the try outs for host.
they slapped a wireless transmitter onto one of barker's mics so you still havethe skinny look without the cord.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 05:22:33 PM »
KENYATTA wrote:
well what will be the new names for Barker's Beauties?

If it were up to me - and it's not: "The Price Girls".

Offline smbryant

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »
I, too, wouldn't be totally surprised to see physical changes to the show as long as the core stays the same: call to "come on down" to the One Bid to the Pricing Game to the Showdown to the Showcase.
As long as that doesn't change, no one will care if the look was to be updated. They could adopt most of the Doug Davidson set for all I care. I'm not watching for that.

As for the jib cam, I don't care if it stays or goes but they need someone to run the thing that can do snap zooms. I've run those things many, many times and it's entirely possible.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »
I liked the jib cam in Bob's last episode but I don't think it should be an everyday thing. I think the Barker's Beauties could just be refered to as Beauties and Carey's Beauties wouldn't be bad.

Offline Mangioninc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 01:12:51 PM »
The Price Girls?

Seriously? I know Posh Spice is in L.A. and all now, but The Price Girls?

Drew's divas, maybe?

• In the Audience
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 02:03:15 PM »
i think that was a joke.

• In the Audience
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 03:27:57 PM »
It would a great idea to bring back the Season 31 version of the Big Doors but with a few changes. They should shine and sparkle. However, as much as they swithched Doors 1&3 on the last MDS, they should do the Season 31 Doors the same way.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 05:34:02 PM »
It would a great idea to bring back the Season 31 version of the Big Doors but with a few changes. They should shine and sparkle. However, as much as they swithched Doors 1&3 on the last MDS, they should do the Season 31 Doors the same way.

I definitely agree that the 31-34 door color scheme was better than the current one with all colors and no way to identify each door.  I would like to at least see a return of the border around the frame.  My favorite design was the "classic" design from 79-02 (sorry if I got the years wrong) - white with different colors around the edge.

AND, most of all, the $ sign and the "The Price is Right" logo needs to be enlarged on the next set of doors, please!

• In the Audience
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 07:26:41 PM »
do you guys think they'll change the backdrop colors? you know the pink purple and blue?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
(Taking these in reverse)

plyr24 wrote:
I think that was a joke.

No it wasn't.

Mangioninc wrote:
The Price Girls? Seriously?

Yes, I'm serious. They're on Price, and they're girls. OK, OK, they're actually mature adult women, but you get the drift.

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 08:00:44 PM »
KENYATTA wrote:
well what will be the new names for Barker's Beauties?

I was not a fan of the phrase "Barker's Beauties" in the first place. It sounded possessive and subordinate to me. How about simply calling them models collectively and by their names individually? That seemed for work well for a long time.