Author Topic: "Other" changes for season 36  (Read 19751 times)

Offline mkeeney

• In the Audience
Re: "Other" changes for season 36
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 09:15:19 PM »

TVC wrote:
KENYATTA wrote:
well what will be the new names for Barker's Beauties?

I was not a fan of the phrase "Barker's Beauties" in the first place. It sounded possessive and subordinate to me. How about simply calling them models collectively and by their names individually? That seemed for work well for a long time.

I agree.  Remember the good-old days when Bob actually spoke with the models and then, by name?  Yes, I know, those were cut to make room for more "Hoveround" commercials, but that was one of the elements of the show I really enjoyed.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
Anybody know how extensive the set changes are going to be?  If we are talking about rebuilding the set entirely, how likely is it that the pricing games, which rely on relatively old technology, are going to be modernized?  Can you imagine a pristine new set, and the homely Grand Game set being revealed?  (sorry, I'm not that big of a "green" fan!) Don't get me wrong... I love Grand Game.

Personally, I hope the pricing games don't get modernized.  I like the classic feel to all the games.  For instance, I wouldn't want to see a modernization of Grocery Game.

Offline JudgePLM

• Outside in Line
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
I really hope the shmucks at Fremantle and/or CBS don't get too cute with the changes they plan to make, because that could really turn off a lot of the longtime, hardcore viewers of the show.

The transition period is going to be tough enough, so please don't make it worse by adding or subtracting too much.

Less is more.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »
I don't want to see anything Barker on this show This is Drew Carey show. now if you want to see Barker get a dvd or a vcr and record the remaining eps of Barker. Be thankful Drew is using the spray and neuter your pets thing.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »
Kinyo, I do hope they reference Bob in the opening spiel ("...from the Bob Barker studio at CBS in Hollywood...").  But aside from that, I am confident Drew will do his best to make it "his" show.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »
kinyo wrote:

I don't want to see anything Barker on this show This is Drew Carey show.

You are gonna be one disappointed little puppy when the new season starts.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »
"I don't want to see anything Barker on this show This is Drew Carey show."

If I can make sense of what you're saying, you're wrong. I wonder how much thought do you put into your posts to begin with? This IS Bob Barker's show--he made it what it is-- and he will ALWAYS be the "star" of Price is Right. Drew Carey is simply the new host chosen to take over in Bob's retirement, but it will never be "his" like it's "Bob's."

• In the Audience
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »
As I said, they can bring back the Season 31-34 doors. They can shine and sparkle like they had the wheel on "WHEEL OF FORTUNE" for the 24th Season as part of High Definition. But, as much as they switched Doors 1 & 3 on the last MDS, they should do the Season 31 Doors the same way. Which means Door 1 should be Door 3 and Door 3 should be Door 1. How does that Sound?

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 08:35:02 PM »
After this im done arguing i know this will somehow turn in to a spelling and grammar fight.

Drew is taking over as host hes going to make the show his way. Just like Millionaire as much i don't like Meredith she made the show her way. And steve as much u are always on my case about everything.  tpir wont upset me i know how to change the tv.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2007, 08:56:38 PM »
kinyo wrote:

Drew is taking over as host hes going to make the show his way. Just like Millionaire as much i don't like Meredith she made the show her way. And steve as much u are always on my case about everything.  tpir wont upset me i know how to change the tv.

You're mad because I told you the fact that there are going to be things left over from the Barker era?  What do you want me to do -- lie to you?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline smbryant

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2007, 09:15:26 PM »
Of course there will be some residual "Barker" things, especially in the beginning. It will give Drew something to work off of.

But in the long run: a few weeks, months, or seasons down the road, there will be nearly nothing of the Barker era because it will be solidly Drew's show. Some new games will have his name on them (if they so desire to do that) and he will have his own way to toss to Rich, to the first item, to breaks. He might even have that righ out of the gate.

I'm going to make people mad when I say this, but being a realist it must be said: The Bob Barker era is over. Sets are being reworked, music re-orchestrated. When the 36th Season start, Rich will be announcing Drew name as he walks through the center doors (or enters on the turntable or audience or wherever) and it won't be exactly the same.
The most important thing is they do not change the structure. I could care less who hosts it, what the set looks like.
That seems to be what most of the users here tend to forget.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2007, 09:18:33 PM »

PIR85 wrote:
Anybody know how extensive the set changes are going to be?  If we are talking about rebuilding the set entirely, how likely is it that the pricing games, which rely on relatively old technology, are going to be modernized?  Can you imagine a pristine new set, and the homely Grand Game set being revealed?  (sorry, I'm not that big of a "green" fan!) Don't get me wrong... I love Grand Game.

Personally, I hope the pricing games don't get modernized.  I like the classic feel to all the games.  For instance, I wouldn't want to see a modernization of Grocery Game.

Unless things have significantly changed from the time we last spoke to the Dob (the last taping we attended, the Dob came out to the line about 5 PM the night before), there won't be that many.  He seems a big fan of the "nostalgic feel".

I realize that might not answer the question.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
Kinyo, if you can't accept that the show is going to retain old elements, watch a different show.

• In the Audience
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
of course some elements are going to be left over, but i wouldnt mind if Drew made it his own.