Author Topic: Fireball's Ep. 5, FPG Results  (Read 19749 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Fireball's Ep. 5, FPG Results
« on: May 08, 2006, 09:04:52 AM »
This episode of Play Along TPIR will continue with the final one-bid round later today.  In the meantime, enjoy this Capitanoesque recap of the show thus far.

The Episode 5 FPG is still active.  The picks can be found here:  http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/upn62/BRB_TheFireball/pa5fpg.txt

Episode #BRB-05 (April 8, 2006-)
Fireball:  stage entrance
First Four lineup:  left to right
Handoff:  Gwendolyn

Models of the Day:  Lanisha Cole, Phire' Dawson, Gwendolyn Osborne
Wearing:  Samuel Song

1  Health in Motion Dual Pendulum Swing ($2095)
PATHFINDER20 1200  GARVIN8R 799  LUDWIGMACKDADDY 809  SIDESHOWPA 810

Before the price was announced, Joe Kristoff made a cameo appearance to lock up the FPG.

pathfinder20 of Valdosta, GA, plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Ford Mustang V6 Coupe Deluxe (Std, AT, ALB, Traction, Side Bags, Paint/Fabric)

On Fireball's PIR, the contestant is given 7 $100 bills instead of 7 $1 bills.

Guess:    2 6 4 5
Price:  2 2 7 8 2
$100:   7 7 6 2 0  LOSS

2  handcraftedmodelships.com "RMS Titanic" Replica ($499)
FUTUREGSH   1050    Garvin8r 550  LudwigMackdaddy 999  sideshowPA 600  (OVERBID)
FUTUREGSH **499**  Garvin8r 399  LudwigMackdaddy 500  sideshowPA   1

Actual TPIR Golden Road winner Futuregsh picks up the $500 wad, then plays PUNCH-A-BUNCH for up to an additonal 10 Gs

Sony Universal Remote         $ 60  HIGHER  $ 75 * ( 6)  $100
Danby Countertop Dishwasher    210  LOWER    189 * (23)   50
Ambassador's "The Thesis" CD    16  HIGHER    12
Nacho Warmer Cart                             35 * (37)   500  LOSS

Future was credited with the third punch because the wrong set of prices was given for the nacho cart.

3  Bolle Nightforce Night Vision 'nocs ($850)
JORDANAR18 699  Garvin8r 580  LudwigMackdaddy 1  sideshowPA 700

sideshowPA, who appeared on Fireball's MDS, plays SQUEEZE PLAY for an 18-kt White Gold/Diamond Necklace

Setup:  4 7 2 6 0
Guess:  $ 4 7 6 0
Price:  $ 4 2 6 0  LOSS

BETTY WHITE SEMI-MEMORIAL "JUST MEN!" SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN #1

$  850  sideshowPA     .50 +  .75  over
$1,798  Futuregsh      .30 +  .30
$2,095  pathfinder20   .35 +  .45  advances

4  highbrowfurniture.com Harcourt Chaise ($4710)
Jordanar18 2400  Garvin8r 1550  LudwigMackdaddy 1551  PUNCHBOARD91 999

Jordanar18 plays NOW... OR THEN for a Yamaha G-5 Grand Piano ($10,800)

"THEN" is May 2000

Purina Beggin' Strips (10 oz)           $6.39  NOW   NOW   *
Salada Green Tea (20 bags)               3.00  THEN  THEN  *
Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes (7.2 oz)   1.38  THEN  THEN  *  WIN!
Marie Callender Fettuccine (14 oz)       3.99
Tylenol Infant Cough Syrup (4 oz)        4.79
Goldfish Crackers (2 oz)                  .99  THEN  NOW

5  Vermont Castings Allura Electric Fireplace ($1366)
DE_GIB PATHFINDER2119 1600  Garvin8r 1780  LudwigMackdaddy 6  Punchboard91 91

Punchboard91, another Episode 3 MDS winner, plays POKER GAME for four trips

Punchy's picks:
Las Vegas (4n, Orleans)          $868
Sedona (4n, Sunterra Ridge)       979
9 9 8 8 7 (TWO PAIRS) - PASSES

Punchy's hand:
Portland (4n, Ramada Inn)         699
San Francisco (4n, Holiday Inn)   777
7 7 7 9 9 (FULL HOUSE) - WIN!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Fireball's Ep. 5 - IUFB #6 (rob's bid)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:02:56 PM »
And we're back.  Before we go on, I'd like to point out that somebody is about to make history on my Play Along version of "The Price Is Right".  Garvin and Ludwig have both been down there in contestants row since I walked through those big doors.  After this bidding round is over, one or both of them will become the very first inductee(s) into Fireball's First Four Breakfast Club.  I don't know who the two of you have been getting your bids from in this audience, but stop listening to them. :-P

Burton, we need one more contestant.

Well, it'll be rob79!  Come on down!  You are the next contestant on "The Price Is Right"!

And over there is our next item up for bids.

It's a fun pair of dumbbells!

This pair of Nautilus SelectTech dumbbells is like having thirty pairs of dumbbells in one.  They adjust from 5 to 52.5 pounds and feature ergonomically designed chrome handles with kraton rubber grip.

And bid on that, rob.

(Bidding order:  rob, pathy, Garvin, Ludwig)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, FPG Edition (continued)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
Maybe that's part of my problem -- I haven't been listening to anybody... :)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, FPG Edition (continued)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:57 PM »
I will bid $550, Fireball.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, IUFB #6 (pathy2119's bid)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:07:26 PM »
Oh goody.. another illustrious record I could get ( like I am the only CSS person ever to get a DSW on one showcase and have the WORST bid without going over on the other -- did you know that? heheh -- I still think Ihowever I am also the  only to have 2 DSWs in a row )  :)

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:09:13 PM »
Oh goody.. another illustrious record I could get ( like I am the only CSS person ever to get a DSW on one showcase and have the WORST bid without going over on the other -- did you know that? heheh -- I still think Ihowever I am also the  only to have 2 DSWs in a row )  :)

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 06:16:07 PM »
$575!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:50:35 PM »
Well, it looks like Jordanar has this FPG basically wrapped up, since none of us has a regular car game 6th. I should have lost Poker.  :lol:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »
Well, it looks like Jordanar has this FPG basically wrapped up, since none of us has a regular car game 6th.

Actually, it's not over yet.  Jordan can lose Fireball's FPG I in one of two ways:

--If I play Cover and it's won, sternal will win with 3 MP/13 CP.

--If it's Dubba for a car and it's won, jhc will win with 2 MP/12 CP.

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, IUFB #6 (Garvin's bid)
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
Bidding $399.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, IUFB #6 (last bid to LudwigMD)
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 09:06:41 AM »
[color=00CC00]*DING*[/color]  And we close it out with Ludwig.  This is your last chance at a pricing game in this episode.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, IUFB #6 (last bid to LudwigMD)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 10:28:18 AM »
well I guess I will try 576 :)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
Re: Fireball's Ep. 5, PG #6
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 05:38:30 PM »

OK... here we go!  Let's see who's off to the clubhouse.  The actual retail price of those dumbbells is...

five hundred...

even! ($500) [color=00CC00]*DINGDINGDINGDINGDING*[/color] Mr. Garvin escapes!  Come on up here!  Welcome to the show.  You've been waiting this entire episode to get up here... and I've been waiting this entire episode to give away one of these!

A new car! *Passing Lane*

The 2006 Nissan Maxima SL comes with standard features plus 3.5 SE sensory package, XM satellite radio, splash guards, floor mats, and paint sealant!  The Nissan Maxima!

It's a Nissan Maxima, and here come my beauties with the dice for the Dice Game.  Light up the first number in this car, please.

[color=00CC00]*DING*[/color] Three! *audience ooohs and cheers* We're not screwing around today, Garvin--this is a $30,000 car you're playing for!  You know how to play this game.  No zeroes, no numbers higher than six.  Roll that first die over this line.

*roll*

A five--is that the second number? [color=CC0000]*BUZZ*[/color] Nope.  Is that second number higher or lower than 5?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 06:13:39 PM »
Say lower!  A Maxima like that should be in the low $30,000.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 10:15:09 PM »
No way that's a 6.  Lower, Fireball!

*rolls next die*