Author Topic: GSN revamping line up...bringing 50 Greatest games shows begining in July!!!!!  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
That sounds like it should be keeping my DVR busy for a while...  Also good to hear that they're putting back the first half of the black and white block in late night with Beat the Clock(they replaced it with their lame I've Got a Secret version for a while.)

Offline Hades1981

• In Contestant's Row
Yeah, but I'm willing to bet we still won't see TPIR among those 50 greatest.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
There is no way that GSN can truly do a tribute to the 50 greatest game shows...or even the top 10 for that matter...without including TPIR.  Not having the rights to air the show is one thing; pretending that it doesn't exist would be inexcusable.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
In 2001, TV Guide put out their list of the 50 Greatest Game Shows, and The Price Is Right was the no. 1 show. There were a good number of shows on that list that GSN has never--and at this point--will never air (Concentration, You Bet Your Life, Name That Tune, among others). If GSN's list is on the same level as TV Guide's and they can clear those shows, then I'll be tuning in. But if it's a list of the 50 Greatest that GSN can air, then I'll pass.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

• Walking the Golden Road
Yeah, I have to say that GSN pretty much thinks TPIR doesn't exist. The only "inkling" we've seen them do was the tribute to Bob for his 80th Birthday in 2003.

I was thinking of getting a Dish subscription and satellite for GSN, but I will think this over long and hard. To get GSN(1 channel) and have to question their decisions is not a way to be enjoying satellite tv. I might just get it and watch other channels, and hope GSN gets their head out of their butts in the interim.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
GSN thinks it doesn't exist?  You can't be further from the truth.  The problem isn't GSN in that issue.

I have a feeling it's going to be a list show, slightly altered from the TV Guide list.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
I think it's been made pretty clear over the last few years that GSN isn't missing Price for lack of trying.  The problem is with Fremantle, not them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
It's actually CBS that's holding things up on Price showing on GSN.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne