Author Topic: I'VE HAD IT!!!  (Read 6177 times)

• In Contestant's Row
Re: I'VE HAD IT!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:21 PM »
Thank you Jim Lange!

Actually JK, count me in for a regular beer as there has been more than enough rif raff on here today to constitute the need for one(or more beers even!)

:D

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
I guess JK can send me a beer too; I'm tired of banging my head on the desk due to seeing threads that give TPiR a death knell!  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 10:27:01 AM »
I've read before that Barker had some colorful language, especially when the stopdowns happened because of techinal issues, equipment problems, etc.

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:27 PM »

dmartin:

Actually JK, count me in for a regular beer... (or more even!)

:D

== JAY SEZ: ==
What kind wouldja like? I'll see if some's around.
 :pint:  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:

Try not to go overboard! May I suggest a chaser or two? And take a cab... cheers, Martin!

LOL
;)

~JK~
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!

Offline TheKid965

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 12:59:58 PM »
Either deal with it or don't watch em- especially as game shows have been on the road since the 80's, if not before.

I'll take "Before" for $1,000, Alex...

What's My Line?, a New York-based show, once did a few weeks out in LA during the middle 1950s.  I believe I've Got a Secret may have done the same during the Garry Moore era.  

I can even name a game show from the '60s that was always on the road, from a different location every taping date - the original ABC Supermarket Sweep.  

There may have been others, but these are the ones that come most readily to mind.

BTW, I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with jimlange on this one.  Let's give Drew a fair chance before we start writing the obituary for Price, hmm?  Besides, remember how back in '72 everyone was convinced no one but Bill Cullen could have hosted the show, and who was Bob Barker to think he could fill those shoes?

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »

TheKid965 wrote:
What's My Line?, a New York-based show, once did a few weeks out in LA during the middle 1950s.  I believe I've Got a Secret may have done the same during the Garry Moore era.

I'm fine with the idea of taking TPiR on the road, too, but you've chosen some pretty poor examples here.  All sorts of game shows and talk shows have done stints in LA to accommodate guests (that is, get "better" ones) or to accommodate the host (often while they were shooting movies).

For those old shows, you're basically talking about taking two desks and a curtain from a studio in NY to a studio in LA.  TPiR involves taking a program with complicated blocking and a multitude of props to venues that were not designed for television production.  There's an enormous difference... it's basically apples and oranges.

Offline pricefan3376

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
My only thought about taking TPIR on the road is that only certain games can be packed up and be able to be transported.  It's too expensive--not to mention, impractical--to make ALL 80 games portable.  

That having been said, season 36 hasn't even started yet, and taping is a week away, so I can't imagine that TPIR would go on the road later this season.  Let Drew get his feet wet first.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »
I don't think you could've said it any better Jim. This really is getting sickening. It's almost like being at a boxing match. So Drew dropped the the F-bomb. Just like everyone else has been saying, he's human. Humans make mistakes. At least he was kind enough to apologize to the family after he saw the kid. I'm sure not a lot of people would honestly do that after they've cursed, or even think about apologizing afterwards. Barker himself has made mistakes. He's said a few cuss words on television. Remember the Dian Parkinson scandal???? or even the Holly Halstrom weight issue?

Referring to different formats of Game Shows Match Game has didn't really have a format for the questions in concrete. And that's why they developed those fictional characters and story line situations. And Match Game if you asked me seemed a little too easy in the beginning. Wheel of Fortune was even taken back into Merv Griffin's workshop so he could get all of the kinks out.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline JayRockUSA

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • JKFX4LIFE... and that's WORD!!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »

GoldenBulldog wrote:
I guess JK can send me a beer too!!
:-D

== JAY SEZ: ==
You got it!!
 :pint:  :pint:  :pint:  :pint:

Be careful; don't drink too much (unless it's root beer, of course)!! LOL :)

~JK~
HORNZ UP... HEAD UP... KEEP YA CHIN UP! That's what TRUE BLUE DEVILS DO! All day, all night... fo' life... can you dig it, suckaaaaa!!!