Author Topic: Drew injured on set today  (Read 3572 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
Drew injured on set today
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
According to the good folks at TMZ, Drew got his arm caught in a game with a rotating part*. Full details in the link.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/10/when-plinko-attacks/

*Edit: The article has since been updated with how he really got hurt. All I can say is OUCH! I bet he said a lot more than the F-word.

Offline mcfehn

• In the Audience
Re: Drew injured on set today
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:31 PM »
Let's hope this isn't an omen.

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 08:15:02 PM »
Well, at least Drew's learning Grocery Game early off.  That's a good sign for its play frequency this coming season.

This could also be a sign that they shouldn't mess the set with a new design. :P
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »
Hmm... perhaps trying to stop the Big Wheel? is what I thought at first until I saw it was the turntable.  I'm guessing he wasn't paying attention and didn't notice it moving.  At least he's doing better.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »
How does someone get their arm caught in the turntable?  Wouldn't that mean either he was standing on the opposite side (where the steps are) or that the turntable spun the wrong way?  I was thinking the turntable spun in a counter-clockwise direction.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 08:44:15 PM »
When the turntable turns to reveal its pricing game, the host is standing pretty close to it. Close enough that if the host sticks his arm out a little and doesn't see that wall coming around, it can do what it did.

Well, I guess we now know that the turntable will still be a part of the new set.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline priceisrightforever

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »
Poor Drew. Well, I bet he will make sure he keeps his arms to his side while at the turntable. Maybe they will install a beeper on the turntable like they do on trucks when they back up. (beep, beep, beep, beep) :lol:

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »

priceisrightforever wrote:
Maybe they will install a beeper on the turntable like they do on trucks when they back up. (beep, beep, beep, beep) :lol:

No no no, they'll install a booper just like the one on the Big Wheel.  That way they can use the same sound effect.  :-D

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 09:41:38 PM »

MSTieScott wrote:
Well, I guess we now know that the turntable will still be a part of the new set.

Or maybe not! This just might be a stunt to get rid of it!!!

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 12:06:05 AM »
Thankfully Drew is okay.  I was worried that would have to cancel the tapings this month.

Offline pricefan3376

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 12:18:50 PM »
Drew was lucky!  It could have been far more serious!

Offline vintageTPIRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 12:19:48 AM »
If I recall the early days correctly, the turntable would spin around as the showcase winner descended the turntable to go see her/his prizes as the credits rolled.  While I thought that was nifty, I was always expecting some sort of turntable mishap to befall some elated contestant because of it.

Add to Drew's training list:  Turntable 101 - Carousel of Fun/Spinning Wheel of Death!

Online mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 11:12:59 PM »
Looks like Entertainment Tonight has some pictures (pretty nasty... so don't click if you don't want to see) of Drew's injury.

Also, listen to the Kevin and Bean show interview - looks like new episodes with Drew Carey aren't going to air until October.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »
All I can say is... OW!  We now know why Bob always took a couple steps away to do a send-off to commercial.  Ow!  That makes me hurt just looking at it.   Did I mention Ow! ?