Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006  (Read 20893 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »
Production #3662K - Taped June 7, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Brandi

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Carabella

1  Water Ventures Molokini Kayak (P)
AUSTIN 700   WANJIRU 1200   NICK *1300   KACIE 701   ($2083)

Nick plays BARGAIN BAR

(LifeFitness) Elliptical Trainer (S)          $1399   $2599   $1200
Broyhill Elk River Sofa (B)            PICK   $1038   $1538   $ 500   LOSS

2  Vermont Castings Alura Electic Fireplace/Midnite Sllep Aid (S)
+Austin 1500   +Wanjiru 1501    MICHELLE *900   +Kacie 1200   ($999)

Michelle plays HOLE IN ONE (or two) for a Ford Focus ZXWSE (Std., AT)(P)($18,095)

(2) Hot Pockets (2 pk)              $2.49
(5) Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce  > 1.99<
(6) Gold Bond Powder
(4) PS Surface Cleaner
(1) Space Bag (large)
(3) Capzasin P

Bob's "Inspiration Putt": perfect.
Michelle's putt(s) from Line 1: pushed right, straight in   WIN!

3  Honora Antique Pearl Necklace (P-in the Row)
+Austin *1100   +Wanjiru 500   PAMELA 800   +Kacie 1300   ($1200)

Austin plays PUNCHBOARD

Stovetop Espresso Maker     $ 80  LOWER    $ 60  *  ( 1)   250
Disney's "Dumbo" DVD          40  LOWER      30  *  (50)   100
(Farberware) Stand Mixer     100  HIGHER    120  *  (10)    50
Dell DJ Diddy MP3 Player      60  HIGHER     99  *  (15)  >500<   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 2,009   Austin     60 + 15   .75   Through to Showcase Round
  2,083   Nick       25 + 90    OV
 19,134   Michelle   15 + 55   .70

4  Samsung GX1S Digital SLR Camera (from above)
PHILIP 799   +Wanjiru 1200   Pamela 850   +Kasie *1201   ($1350)

Casey plays BONKERS for a trip to Victoria, BC (6n @ Chateau Victoria)(B&S)($2456)

3 2 6 7
1.  L H H L  :25
2.  L L H L  :21
3.  L L L H  :14
4.  L H H L  :05
5.  L L L L  :00   LOSS

...and she might have taken that trip were it not for that peeking to the audience on
picks 3 & 4. Bob says that can be disastrous, and it was.

5  Pfatzgraff "Secrets of Pistoulet" Dinnerware/Garlique Supplement (B)
Philip 1100   +Wanjiru 950   Pamela *1101   CHAD 500   ($1324)

Pamela plays MONEY GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, Stereo)(S)

$ 15     65-bk  16     71
$ 95     15-1   44     95-2
$ 35     80-5   35-4   14-3
$ 80
$225       $14 7 --   LOSS

Wanjiru. Now there's an interesting name. We wonder where it comes from, but how will
we know if she doesn't escape from the Row? She has one last chance, and the last bid.
The "First Four" Breakfast Club awaits if she fails, along with a name change: "Mud"...

6  4 SportsStuff Pool+Beach Lounges/Tidy Cats Scoop (P)
Philip 1000   +Wanjiru 1001   EVELYN 650   Chad 900   OVERBID
      *575             450          500        400   ($630)

Wanjiru heads off to the clubhouse while Philip plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

Ridgeway Lexington Grandfather Clock (B)           $3150
Golden West English Oak Pool Table (S)     $2195   $2195   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2                    Spinoff
$1,350   Kacie    50 +100    OV
 1,589   Pamela   70 stay   .70  .30   Through to Showcase Round
 6,015   Philip   70 stay   .70  .25

SHOWCASE ROUND
Austin has the honor.

SC1-Pamela   TARZAN & JANE IN THEIR LATER YEARS (B)
BID   $16,000   (Motorola) Cellular Phone
PRICE    15,187   Honda CRF100 Offroad Motorbike
DIFF      OVER   Fleetwood Pioneer 190FQ Travel Trailer

SC2-Austin   PRIZES DELIVERED TO THE DEPOT BY "CHUGS" THE TRAIN (S)
BID   $13,800   Heartland 1050 36" Fridge/Freezer
PRICE    21,129   John Deere Gator CX Utility Vehicle
DIFF    -7,329   Samick Petite Grand Piano
TOTAL   $23,138

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $53,309

...and then, there were ten.

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »
Barker’s Bargain Bar – Tough luck. I had a feeling it was the exercise bike…

Hole In One – Mixing up those prices from the beginning wasn’t enough to keep her from winning that car – she’s just lucky that she plays golf!

Punch-a-Bunch – while the holes he punched out weren’t the best, he made the best decision to just keep going. BTW: That price card coming out with the fake price was hilarious…

Bonkers – She played it good, it’s just too bad her efforts didn’t pay off for it. That trip was cheaper than I thought. I think it was cheaper than the audience thought too because she put lower for the 3, and left it at that, and the audience kept shouting for her to change it…

Money Game – Not exactly played to the rule. Choosing “95” was a mistake that may have caused her to lose. But then again, she may have chosen it later. Nonetheless, I had a strong feeling it was “65” and I was right…

1 Right Price – Nothing really to say except he played it perfectly.

Showcases – Wow. I thought Pamela’s showcase was much more than what she bid, and Austin’s showcase was just about what Austin Bid. But despite what Austin bid, it paid off…

All in all, not a bad show. Despite going for 6, it was quite enjoyable (and by that I mean, kind of funny…)
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 01:59:32 PM »
BBB: The expensive treadmill strikes again!

Hole in One or Two: Great win! The sauce and the pizza snacks tripped me up as well, but she wasn't fooling around with her golf game!

Punchboard: I thought the player was going to pull the four-corner trick. We'll never now what was in the corner that he didn't punch out

Bonkers: She started out well, but went downhill from there when she looked at the audience. She was closer to winning than I thought she was. I thought that trip was definitely more than $3,000.

Money Game: Tough loss. I thought for sure Pamela had won after choosing 35. How many playings has it been recently, that the lowest number on the board for the final two digits wasn't it?

One Right Price: Easy. The clock looked like it cost more than $2,000.

Showcases: I knew Pamela had lost, but I wasn't expecting her to lose that way. Apparently that Pioneer trailer trips up a lot of people. I wasn't too surprised the second one was pretty expensive.

Overall: Average show today. I wish we had a little nicer of a budget...

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar: I just thought the elliptical would cost around the late thousand; sofas may cost a little more than $1038. I was wrong this time.

Hole in One... or Two: It was between the Hot Pockets and the Rinaldi for the first one. I went with the pizza snack first, knowing I might be wrong with the sauce. We were. It's been a while since I've seen someone putt from the first line. Good thing Michelle knew how to play golf to make it the second time around.

Punch-A-Bunch: "Can we get another $10,000 winner?" No.

Bonkers: Here I am screaming to Casey to make the 3 higher. I knew she wouldn't get the right pick in the end because of that number. I was wrong about that, though.

Money Game: At the end of the game. I said "65." Bob's comment about it made my brother laugh at me. Funny, but upsetting.

As I type, I'm listening to a song that has rain in the background. Reading the comment about Wanjiru's Banishment and "mud" is making me laugh.

1 Right Price: Boy, I've been losing on these games today! I wanted to put the Price on the clock because I thought the pool table would be too much.

Showcases: [Buzzer] those FRTS! I said about 18-19 on that one. My whisper bid of 15 for the Depot wasn't that great either (unless the other bidder overbidded).
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 02:25:30 PM »
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bidding Round #1- #236, Kacie! :-D

Bidding Round #2- #237, Michelle! :-D

Hole In One- Great putt! Michelle's putt was even more down the middle than Bob's inspiration putt was!

Punch a Bunch- AWESOME! Two of my favorite games right in a row! Too bad only $500 was won, though.

Showcase Showdown #1- Stupid wheel. My hope lies in Kacie now...

Bonkers- Ouch. Kacie played it well, but she made the fatal mistake of looking out to the audience.

Showcase Showdown #2- If I don't root for hotties, does that mean the Big Wheel will be good to them? :-(

Showcase- Wow, those ARPs seemed like they were switched! Insane.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- A hottie will win it for the second straight show... Kacie.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Solid show today, but nothing too spectacular... Grade: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
Barker's Bargain Bar and One Right Price on the same show?  That was really odd, even if not officially listed as conflicts.  I was very surprised to see both show up today.  I wonder why Roger didn't replace one of them with a 1-prize quickie like Squeeze Play, or something?  Probably would've made more sense.  Then again, it's probably just Roger trying to screw with our minds.  He likes doing that lately .

For some reason, a contestant winning Hole in One from the first line doesn't bother me the same way as someone winning Pass the Buck with only one pick.  Maybe it's just that, if it weren't for me watching the show daily, I probably would have made the same mistake.  Or maybe it's just that Hole in One's been around my whole life, and it's better than Pass the Buck in general.  Either way, I was happy to see Michelle win.

I probably would've lost Bonkers today, unless I got lucky and went fast enough to get at least nine chances.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised by how cheap the trip was, but it seems, even if it's just to Canada, solo-prize trips are usually a little more expensive.  As it is, Casey didn't really play that badly for someone who was looking to the audience.

Anyone else wish Austin had punched the lower-left corner after punching the other three?  It would've been cool if Bob had looked in that hole, anyway.

Wow, was the trailer showcase ever cheap!  Even a 23-foot trailer, yet still cheaper than a lot of smaller trailers they've offered.  I honestly thought that Pamela might have been too far under to win:  never did I think for a moment she might have actually been over!

Speaking of Pamela, I can't be too upset with her losing Money Game, considering I also would have lost.  My fault for guessing 95 instead of 65, I guess, but seriously, when was the last time 65 was actually correct in Money Game?

BobboChung wrote:  One Right Price: Easy. The clock looked like it cost more than $2,000.

How would that make the game easy?  Both prizes were over $2000.

Online Richie

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »
The sauce and the Hot Pockets was the major trip up today in Hole in One.  However Michelle did win and that's what counts.

Major rule in Bonkers is NEVER EVER look at the audience while putting the disks in place.  There is only 30 seconds to play this game.  Speed is the key here.  And the trip was relatively cheap.  

35 was usually the numbers that was used for the back of the car, but today it was moved to 65.  Roger made it a little bit difficult today.

I knew the clock had to be at least $3000 in price for the last pricing game and I was right.  

The trailer showcase I'm surprised it's only $15,000 total.  Wow-Pamela has a lot of bad luck today.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 03:32:27 PM »
Ok, somebody add a hottie to the list of the already mentioned(but he omitted it!), Wanjiru!(if she would have bid as good as she looked! lol)

BBB: Tough! Dam Elliptical Trainer!

HI1: Barker sinks another! Woohoo, he played it just as good as ever! The first putt the contestant made sucked, but that 2nd one was just too good! And it was far back today, making the win that much betta!

Punch:Meh! For 4 punches at the top slip 500 bucks, this was just a bad luck day for the Board. Betta luck next time(probably in season 35)

Bonkers: Well played, and played better than some people do this game anyways. Just another bad luck game I guess.

Money: That 95 pick...was that a strategy move or did she really think the car started with 95? I certainly hope it was the first one, but you never know. I was going 71 or 44 on this one and would have lost also.

1RP: Almost a gimme win, but I'm sure somebody here is gonna dispute that one.

SC: There's that Cheapie Fleetwood at it again! Argh!

Decent show, 5 of 10, just no big moments or anything really spectacular with the exception of the Hole in One win, really.....

Offline Vexorg

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 04:27:44 PM »
Hole in or 2:  If there was ever a setup to make someone putt from the back line, this was it.  Good thing Michelle managed to get it anyway.

Punchboard:  Did Bob pull out the slips in the same order they were punched?  It looked like he might have gotten a couple backwards.

Bonkers:  I don't know if I would have been able to get this, with as much as trips tend to vary in price.

Showcase:  FRTS indeed.  I see it made a big mess out of today's CSS too...

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 04:39:30 PM »
Being there in person for this show, I don't know why I was excited to see Barker's Bargain Bar in person.  I guess it just looked a lot better, lol.  We(the audience) YELLED at Michelle to change the products and Bob would have let her, but she didn't do it, but I am glad she won the car.  I got to talk to her a little bit before the show in line and she is a really sweet girl.  Glad she won the car.  I really got to talk to Phil and his group and they are just an AWESOME bunch of guys.  The couple who was with with them and just gotten married and was on their honeymoon.  Awesome people.  Philip himself is a hoot and I was able to give him some pointers for the interview and I am glad he got on as well.  This was the second of three shows I was able to attend.  The last of the three will air tomorrow.  Some very interesting notes for tomorrow so be in the chat!!

jimlange

P.S. if anyone wants to see what I look like, I am on the aisle seat on the 3rd row in the center section near Bob.  VERY good seat.  Also, the refrigerator was also featured in LMAD's portion of Game Show Marathon so that contributed to the over $20K showcase.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
PG #1 - One of the rare times that the prize with the lower bargain price is the loser.  Personally, I didn't think that a Broyhill sofa would be that much more expensive than $1,038, so I would've taken the exerciser.

PG #2 - When was the last time a contestant didn't get past the first line?  :-o  And when was the last time a contestant made the putt from that first line?

PG #3 - It's GP and SP back-to-back in the first half yet again!  And Punchy has now been played twice since Plinko was last played.

PG #4 - "No, Bob, she didn't play that well.  She repeated two of her guesses and actually went lower than 2 on at least one guess.  Plus, she looked at the audience too much."

PG #5 - Ugly yellow Aveo alert!  With no PS/FP on that car, that guaranteed that one of the Dob's favorite numbers (35, 65, 80, or 95) would be the back of the car.  Had Pamela not guessed 15 for the front half, I guarantee that she would've won the car.

PG #6 - Tough setup today.  Neither prized looked like it should be $2,195.  Both Ridgeway clocks and Golden West pool tables have had a tendency to be worth at least $3,000.  I would've picked the clock.

My showcase bids - FRTS:  $16,300.  FRTDS:  $21,300.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 05:33:40 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:31
Hole in One (or Two) -- 4:30
Punch a Bunch -- 3:13
Bonkers -- 2:31
Money Game -- 2:08
1 Right Price -- 1:16

Frank15 wrote: For some reason, a contestant winning Hole in One from the first line doesn't bother me the same way as someone winning Pass the Buck with only one pick.

Maybe it's because watching someone putt a ball is a whole lot more exciting than watching someone choose a number 1-6!

Richie wrote:
The trailer showcase I'm surprised it's only $15,000 total.  Wow-Pamela has a lot of bad luck today.

She wasn't really all that unlucky.  The only pure-luck thing she did was spinning the Big Wheel, and lucky for her, she won with 30˘.  If that's not lucky, then I don't know what is.  Money Game and the Showcases are both generally skill-based.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 05:50:28 PM »
Show #6403
...but this is only Shane's 300th show.  This means Shane has appeared in 4.685303764% of all the Price shows up to today.

Showcase #1
Motorola Cellular Phone - $130
Honda CRF100 Offroad Motorbike - $2,394
Fleetwood Pioneer 190FQ Travel Trailer, which has never appeared on Price before - $12,663

Showcase #2
Heartland 1050 36" Refrigerator, and you watched it on Game Show Marathon's Let's Make a Deal - $6,130
John Deere Gator CX Utility Vehicle - $4,999
Kohler & Campbell Samick Creme Petite Grand Piano - $10,000

Modeling Report for June 13, 2006
Shane Stirling
Total - $54,183
[color=0000FF]Won - $24,863 (45.89%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $29,320 (54.11%)[/color]
Record - 4-3

Here's to 300 more!

Phire Dawson
Total - $22,048
[color=0000FF]Won - $22,048 (100.00%)[/color]
[color=008000]Lost - $0 (Perfecto!)[/color]
Record - 3-2

Brandi Sherwood
Total - $24,004
[color=0000FF]Won - $4,823 (20.09%)[/color]
[color=FF0000]Lost - $19,181 (79.91%)[/color]
Record - 9-1

All 24 prizes today totaled $98,091, and we're back to budget mode as we dropped below $100,000!

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
Average show today.

Had Casey not looked to the audience for help, she probably would have won.

35 was a choice in Money Game, yet it wasn't correct! My second choice would have been 65, and it was.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »
Bargain Bar:  I would have picked the sofa and lost.  I thought that was the 1699 elliptical trainer.  I guess I was wrong.

Hole in One:  That was an amazing second putt.  She got it in, even from the farthest line.  

Punchboard:  He just was having the worst luck.  I had a feeling he wouldn't end up with much.  I'm glad it was 500.  It could have been 50.

Bonkers:  I'm with BRB on that playing of Bonkers.  It was actually worse than mine, if that is actually possible, but today it is.  I did say higher on that 9, but at least I didn't repeat any of my guesses and I didn't look at the audience for ideas.

Money Game:  I would have guessed 14, 35, 65, 80 and 95.  I would have won.  She didn't play badly.  I think she would have won if she hadn't said 15 first.  95 she might have just thought was the back of the car.  

One Right Price:  I thought the clock was 2195.  The pool table looked way more than 2195.  The both looked way more than 2195.  I was wrong again.

Showcases:  I was surprised to see Pamela go over.  The trailer showcase was cheap.  No wonder they're called Friggin Random Trailer Showcases.  I thought Austin was way low, which he was.  I knew the fridge was 6130 (because I saw Let's Make a Deal), the vehicle was 5199 even though it was 200 less according to Jacob  (It's from a playing of Buy or Sell where it was 5199, but it may have been a different model or the price changed or something like that) and the piano was 8500 even though it was more according to Jacob, my bid was 19829 for a difference of exactly 1300.  If Pamela hadn't gone over,  he would have lost I think.