Author Topic: new tpir logo  (Read 17198 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: new tpir logo
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »
So that's what the doors will look like next season.  The colors of one of them remind me of the Cleveland Browns.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 08:16:58 PM »
I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, but I personally can't stand the new pattern.  I've looked at that picture a few times and I can't bring myself to like it.  Plus, upon closer inspection, the logo isn't even centered on the door.  That will look very awkward when/if they do a dissolve from the zoom-in logo.  That is, of course, if they still use that particular shot/method.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 08:18:30 PM »
The design is very modern. The box that the logo is my only gripe. Great look, though.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »

edmojautis wrote:
The design is very modern. The box that the logo is my only gripe. Great look, though.

Certainly doesn't look modern to me.  Believe it or not, it's not the box that bothers me, it's the rest of it.  I personally can't wait for Brandon's 3D rendering just so I can point out every fault I find with the new set.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »

junkaholic95 wrote:
Plus, upon closer inspection, the logo isn't even centered on the door.

In fact, it is.  The logo consists of 2 halves.  One half is more oblong than the other.  The separation between halves occurs right at the opening point of the doors.  

junkaholic95 wrote:
I personally can't wait for Brandon's 3D rendering just so I can point out every fault I find with the new set.

Way to be positive...

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
Background arrows are unnecessary.
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
The arrows in the background are really unnecessary.  Of course the logo can be chaged to include the season number, but adding something to the primary logo is a completely new thing.  It's not surprising with only because we have a new host, and now things are (slightly) changed to fit his needs.  

What's next?  A newer contestants' row with different colours?

Offline johnnyrifle

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 09:38:08 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that the "arrows" or "hexagons" look exactly like the price tags that have become a staple of the show. It's also a throwback to the Cullen-era show.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »
The shade of color on that door looks kind of sickly in the picture, but I assume it looks a lot better in the proper studio lighting.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »
The arrows in the background are really unnecessary. What's next? A newer contestants' row with different colours?

No more unnessecary than Dollar signs from the MDS doors, the Stars from the 31-34 doors, or the ribbons from the 25-31 doors.

Rumor is the colors for CR have been adjusted to match the new color scheme, which for the first time in AGES, actually matches and compliments each other, instead of 3 different schemes in 3 different areas.

I believe that the look they were going for is a retro-familiar yet modern (the yet unseen new lights will tell that tale). From the sounds of everything, I personally like the show's new look. But PLEASE remember- we haven't seen it all yet- DON'T write the show's set, or anything else off, til we have seen more!!!!

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 09:42:45 PM »
Folks -- a simple request please.

Like something or not, let us know why.  Junkaholic95...I'm really writing this for you.  Please change your avatar ASAP.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 09:53:39 PM »
Changed.  (and deleted for that matter.)

Offline whammyman

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »
I can see where this would be an update of the Cullen era TPIR logo. I see this as a fitting tribute to the show past and future.

Offline asd2001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

Joe_Capitano wrote:
CLICK HERE. Alex Davis's blog has a photo of the doors (and the logo).

For those who may not have seen it, here is the text of one of the comments on the blog:

"That lovely lady next to Drew and the new doors is none other that Roger Dobkowitz’s daughter, Rebecca. It was posted on Facebook last night on her profile, and has now been removed."

Interestingly, as of right now, even though the picture has supposedly been removed from the Facebook profile, the direct link to the picture still works.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
I'm really not liking the new door.  It's too much of a mix of 70s and now and the color scheme is just bad (reminds me of puke).  It should be more colorful.  The new logo isn't that bad, but I really hope they change their minds about using that background for the door.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 11:24:31 PM »
I don't mind the look of the doors. The bright colors of the design certainly get your attention.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."