Author Topic: new tpir logo  (Read 17174 times)

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
Re: new tpir logo
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:53 PM »

CaseyGV wrote:
The logo consists of 2 halves.  One half is more oblong than the other.  The separation between halves occurs right at the opening point of the doors.

The "halves" aren't the same size, so they aren't really "halves."  Therefore the logo is NOT centered.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 12:00:12 AM »
The "halves" aren't the same size, so they aren't really "halves." Therefore the logo is NOT centered.

True, but I think it is much nicer to see the logo split apart with the $ on the left, and the entire "The Price is Right" on the right side... when the logo is truly centered, while the doors open it just looks weird to see part of the words split apart.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »
While I can understand the reasoning with the positioning of the logo, the overall appearance of it off center, to me, is rather awkward.  Besides, for years the doors opened and the words split apart and nobody complained.  I have no problem with the new logo itself, but I still think it should have been centered for appearance reasons.  That awful circle/diamond pattern with the hideous yellowish-orange backdrop needs to go.  (Not a bad color for Tails though for you Sonic fans) Hopefully the other doors look a lot better.  Maybe then I'll change my mind.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 12:14:44 AM »
That awful circle/diamond pattern with the hideous yellow backdrop needs to go. Hopefully the other doors look a lot better. Maybe then I'll change my mind.

I agree the the orange/yellow sort of clashes with the show's logo, but I have a feeling the blue and green doors will look very nice behind the logo.  And, the turntable, too ;-) .  And, FINALLY, they have gotten rid of the useless pointed stars and returned to different colors on each door!

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
New colours, too.
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 02:14:20 AM »
If those are the doors they're going to use.  They're quite bland.  A far cry from the colourful doors we've been seeing with Bob.  Is Drew trying to make the show look likeit was in the early 1970's?

Offline asd2001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: New colours, too.
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 05:00:32 AM »
Is Drew trying to make the show look likeit was in the early 1970's?

I don't think that Drew has much say in how the set looks (nor do I think he wants to.)

Online Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »

FastCompany wrote:
The "halves" aren't the same size, so they aren't really "halves."  Therefore the logo is NOT centered.

So, given a line of symmetry in the new logo, an obvious easy division to put on the centerline of the door, you'd have them *not* do that? but rather, split it in the words??

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 01:50:56 PM »

CaseyGV wrote:

FastCompany wrote:

So, given a line of symmetry in the new logo, an obvious easy division to put on the centerline of the door, you'd have them *not* do that? but rather, split it in the words??

I didn't say that.  I'm merely pointing out that the logo is not centered, contrary to what a previous poster said.

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
What color is Door 1, Door 2, and Door 3?

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2007, 05:10:40 PM »
What color is Door 1, Door 2, and Door 3?

As previously confirmed, door 1 is yellow, door 2 is blue, and door 3 is green.

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »
As long as they have those shapes behind the logo, and as long as there's nothing else to consider (like if they were to return to the old stripes around the edges) then it would look much worse truly centered.

Offline FastCompany

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »
I was just thinking...I wonder if they plan on changing the yellowish IUFB "price tags" to the orange/red combo as seen on the new doors.  The logo background would certainly make a lot more sense.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 02:32:43 PM »
I was just thinking...I wonder if they plan on changing the yellowish IUFB "price tags" to the orange/red combo as seen on the new doors. The logo background would certainly make a lot more sense.

I wouldn't count on it.

Offline James_Fabiano

• In the Audience
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 12:06:58 PM »
It's different but somehow says "Drew."  If you know what I am saying.
I STILL BELIEVE IN "THE PRICE IS RIGHT"

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
I spent a little time today putting together some backgrounds for your computer.

I modeled them after the designs on the new Price is Right set. There are 4 color choices (orange, green, blue, purple) in 2 formats (wide screen and 4:3) and the new logo is livin' large.

Inspired by the one Cory "pacdude" Anotado made. :)

http://www.qwizx.com/gameshows/backgrounds/index.html