Author Topic: SITE DOWNTIME  (Read 11613 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
SITE DOWNTIME
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:08:03 AM »
Just to give everyone a reasonable "heads up:"

Golden-Road.net will be inaccessible beginning this Sunday, October 7th, until the Season Premiere on Monday, October 15th.  Much like the show, the site will be undergoing some vast cosmetic changes to bring a "fresh" new look to our online haven.

Specifically, I invisioned a site design that might closer relate to the new studio changes which have occurred for The Price is Right's record breaking 36th Season.  I was able to come up with a design, and with the talented and artistic graphic design team consisting of several of our members, we've come up with a new layout which I think everyone will be sure to enjoy.  I would like to publicly thank Travis Schario and Brandon Bridges for their help creating some of the graphics, and Robert Searcy for continuing to tinker with the layout until I was satisfied.

We will embark on our 5th full season of Golden-Road.net this year.  Marc & I sincerely appreciate what all of our members have done to help this site grow into what it is today.

Robert Searcy will need some time to make the transistion smooth from the current site to the reformatted version.

Our Golden-Road.net Chatroom will be open for live discussion during the Season Premiere episode.  You will be able to access our "all new" site beginning Monday morning before the show.

We hope to see you all then and welcome everyone back for the "New" Golden-Road.net!

- Marc & John
John

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: SITE DOWNTIME
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING CHAT:

If you want a chat account in time for the October 15th premiere, you MUST (and no ifs, ands, or buts about it)  PM me the necessary information (see Tech Support FAQ in the Tech Support Forum) and get your account by FRIDAY NIGHT.

If you signed up for Golden-Road.net before April 2006, you already have a chat account.  If you signed up afterwards, you have an account if you PMed me your info requesting one.

If you are in doubt whether or not you have a chat account, go ahead and PM me your info anyway.  If you already have an account, I'll know about it when I try to enter you into the chat database.

Under NO circumstances whatsoever (unless Marc or John make an exception) will I process new chat accounts on October 15th before the show.  I will probably be busy with tech support requests during the couple of hours hours before the show.  I will stop responding to tech support requests temporarily about 15 minutes before the Season 36 premiere of TPIR on the east coast so I can enjoy the show along with everyone else.  I'll resume responding to tech support requests as soon as I can after the show is over.  I will also reopen the chat registration process (which will remain the same....PM me your username, password, and email address) after the show and will insert people into the chat database.

Please don't take the above in the wrong way.  I want to enjoy the show with everyone else and I don't want to spend the whole hour (and 15 minutes beforehand) responding to posts and not watching the show at all.

Don't panic on October 15th....the posts will be just like they are at shutdown on Sunday and your username and password will remain exactly as is.  I just thought I'd throw that out there before I get asked this a billion times on the 15th.

I had been working off and on for approximately 5 months (and working constantly for the past 3 months) on this project, Project GRIT 2:  Cash & Carey, and with the help of Travis, Brandon, Marc, John, and a couple of others that I know and trust, it's ready for the transition.  You're going to love this new look.  Trust me. :-)