Author Topic: TPIR DVD - Coming Spring 08???  (Read 9022 times)

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPIR DVD - Coming Spring 08???
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 11:22:51 AM »
Another thing to add to my future DVD purchasing.  Sweet!

In case anyone is interested, TVShowsonDVD just released two more articles this morning.  One is an update regarding "The Best of Family Feud" (from the Dawson era).  The other is about a future release: Volume 2 of "The Best of Match Game"!!

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
This is such great news! I read about it and was going to post it on here...but pretty stupid to think it wouldn't be on here already... lol

I was talking to my wife the other day about older shows on DVD and how cool it would be to even include the commercials...

• Double Showcase Winner
  • BAZINGA!
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 02:39:53 PM »

Bob Jacobsen wrote:
...how cool it would be to even include the commercials...

Not to sound insulting anyone...but THAT deserves Patchy's "stupid" award.  The chief benefit of having recorded shows is the availability of the "commercial skip" feature.  I for one could EASILY live without all the Hoveround and life insurance commercials...especially since PiR is itself essentially a 60-minute commercial.

Having each show in crystal-clear quality will make this release just fine for me.
"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're right!"

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 03:09:05 PM »

Brandon Bridges wrote:
Not to sound insulting anyone...but THAT deserves Patchy's "stupid" award.

No, it doesn't.  As Bob specifically said, he was speaking of older programs... not ones that would have Hoveround or Wilford Brimley.

I doubt that he and I are the only ones interested... there are dozens and dozens of clips from old commercials floating around on YouTube, usually accompanied by very positive comments.

While I don't claim to be perfect myself, I really wish we could dial down the Snark-o-meter on this board just a shade.  It seems like an increasingly unfriendly place.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 03:38:16 PM »
Folks, not everybody tapes trades like us and that has to be realized.  We are going to get episodes that the most of us on this board have.  I am just happy that now game shows(in general) are being released on DVD!!  I never would have thought about Price or, Feud, or MG.  Now BCI is saying that 2008 is going be a very busy year for game shows on DVD.  Let's just be happy, have some patience, and be thankful that this is even being released in the first place.

jimlange

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 03:52:50 PM »
I would like to point out that pretty much no one on this site is actually in a position to know which episodes are or aren't going to be on this DVD set.  Trying to state definitively what eras will or won't be featured probably isn't the best of ideas.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 04:06:25 PM »

Axl wrote:
While I don't claim to be perfect myself, I really wish we could dial down the Snark-o-meter on this board just a shade.  It seems like an increasingly unfriendly place.

jimlange wrote:
Folks, not everybody tapes trades like us and that has to be realized . . . Let's just be happy, have some patience, and be thankful that this is even being released in the first place.

Bravo to both of you for your comments! :-)  :-)  :-)
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Jeremy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »
Why would you want them to include episodes that are already easily available via tape trading?

Keep in mind that not everybody..
a) was around during the time in which the episodes were made.
b) don't trade tapes for various reasons
c) want to see the episodes in good quality and audio; you tube certainly doesn't have this.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »

Axl wrote:

Brandon Bridges wrote:
Not to sound insulting anyone...but THAT deserves Patchy's "stupid" award.

No, it doesn't.  As Bob specifically said, he was speaking of older programs... not ones that would have Hoveround or Wilford Brimley.

I doubt that he and I are the only ones interested... there are dozens and dozens of clips from old commercials floating around on YouTube, usually accompanied by very positive comments.

Thanks Axl, I appreciate the back up! Yeah, I deffinetly mean older shows, like old coffee commercials from the 80's.. stuff like that. Just would be cool for nostalgia sake.

Offline Trevtpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 06:20:32 PM »
Were those rare 1979 episodes given to BCI for inclusion?  The ones with Shower Game, Telephone Game, first Penny Ante and Finish Line?  As far as I knew, Golden Road mods have these.  The pics aren't on Golden Gallery anymore.  Just curious.  Those would be perfect episodes to include on a future volume.