Author Topic: CSS Results for June 14  (Read 3208 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 14
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:17 PM »
Oy.

A trip to Hong Kong, coupled with Broyhill furniture and a globe proved to be not terribly difficult for anyone. No overbids, and even the worst garf was about $4000 away. RobertSearcy had an $80 DSW-Quality bid as well.

But then onto the car. One question is obvious enough to me:

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE BID $23,000?????

Noooo... except for Sonic3300, who I think thought this was a different car or something, everyone who went over bid $23xxx. All trying to be clever, to outbid someone else by a few dollars, well it backfired. Searcy's $637 overbid (spoiling his DSW in true BuddyTom fashion) was actually the second LARGEST of the bunch, with overages ranging from $18 (me) to $4805. Four DSW-Quality overbids, and it is clear that my way of doing things has taken over...

Which I suppose is appropriate enough as today we bid farewell to Gatorman, who is going to work at Lockheed-Martin! Congratulations to him on his new job! I know that I speak for everyone when I say that he will be missed, but we all wish him well.

The Reign of BuddyTom has begun. it in.

Oh yeah, the survivors. Five of 'em (including STAGE PLAYER). rodroddyfan claims the win, though Joe_Mello and wschmrdr grab the cash.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for June 14
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: CSS Results for June 14
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:20:38 PM »
I would've dominated on the furniture as usual (minus Robert's fantastic bid), but I had a tragic overbid on the car. Then again, looking at the other overbids on the car, my overbid was barely anything compared to these. Ouch. My bids were $17,400/$24,200.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:57:28 PM »
I don't know when the last time I bid $xx,0xx on something. Always higher than that.

Yet again, I would have had that other showcase, had Searcy still been over, of course.

On to tomorrow, I suppose.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »
Remember that clip I linked to in a reply to yesterday's CSS wipeout?

Well, the same goes for today, if you watched that clip.....you saw car #2 go flippin'.........Tom and I were both that #2 car today. :-P