Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006  (Read 20890 times)

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 07:43:44 PM »
styleguy wrote:
Hole in One:  She got it in, even from the farthest line.

If anyone watched the show or even read Joe's recap above, they'd already be aware of this...

styleguy wrote:
Punchboard:  It could have been 50.

Naw....really?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:21 PM »
You know, I'm very impressed that Michelle won Hole in One...because she completely screwed up the groceries, and she was a terrible putter!

Wow, Bonkers was actually hard.

I really have no idea what to think about Money Game.  65 being the last two numbers just kinda came outta nowhere.

Was I seeing things, or did they change around some of the stuff on the walls of the Train Depot?

How the heck was the first showcase only worth a little over $15,000?  It had a freakin' trailer in it!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »
That was one of the worst playings of Hole in or Two that I've ever seen. Not only did she get mixed-up with the sauce/pizza snack, but the other products were out of order too. Then the first putt was hard enough to bounce around, I was rather frustrated. But she won it anyway!

And Steve, it's a really cheapass trailer, that's how. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
Bargain Bar: I know contestants tend to pick the prize that has the lowest of the two bargain prices, but I just didn't see that sofa being over $2,000... And that being the case, the elliptical trainer should've been picked.. :-?

Hole In One: Talk about a disasterous playing of the first part of this game.. She had the first two items backwards, and probably wasn't right on the powder, either...

But then, I thought. Hey, she golfs.. She'll be okay..... Until she pushed her first putt and hit it way too hard...

But, thank goodness this is 2006 and not 1985, because she put the second one right into the middle of the cup.. Nice putt.

And speaking of nice putts, that's now FIVE in a row for Happy Gilmore's playing partner..

Punchboard: Sometimes there is just no justice in this world.. A contestant wins all four punches (not that we've seen much of that this season), and manages to punch out $250, $100, $50 and $500? Ouch...

Thank goodness there weren't any zeroes up there, though...

Bonkers: What a difference it makes to have the price revealed... I was screaming and swearing at poor Casey the whole time - first for putting the first disc on lower - and keeping it there, then for looking back at the audience...

It's never wise to look back at the audience in a timed game. Ever. All you're doing is wasting your time..

But imagine my shock at seeing the correct price WAS $2,456, and that she DID have the first disc in the right place... Whoa. I'd have been screwed on this playing, because I would've spent 30 seconds going nuts and changing everything but the first number, which I would've put as higher... :-?

Money Game: Some day, contestants are going to realize the 95 never hides the back of the car.. :-?

While not the easiest setup ever (ie. the back not being behind one of Roger's favorites: 35 or 44), Pamela definitely wasted a couple turns by going with 95 and 80.. Ugh.

One Right Price: Sometimes, it's just one of those days.. Just as I would've shot myself in the foot on Bonkers, I would've done so here - I'd have taken the clock, thinking there's no way that pool table was that cheap. Whoops...

Showcases: I groaned when Pamela gave her bid - because I thought she was $4,000 or so too low... Needless to say, I sure as heck didn't think she was over...

Austin, though, was well under. No doubt about that... Though, I didn't think he'd be quite that far under (I was thinking $19,750)...

But, not like it made too much of a difference after we saw Pamela had gone over...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.