Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2006  (Read 33121 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2006
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:15:58 PM »
Production #3663K - Taped June 8, 2006

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Attitudes

1  Runco 26" LCD HDTV (P)
DOUGLAS 1100   JARED 950   RUTH 1200   ANTHONY *1201   ($2495)

Anthony, a laid-back Beach Bum from Ohio, plays 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1 for Milwaukee V28
Power Tools (B) and a trip to Yellowstone (via Bozeman; 6n)(S)($6426)

Setup   Free    Picks
7 5 9   7 5       5
$ $ $   $ $ 9   7 2 9
4 2 3   4 2 3   4   3   WIN!

2  Aico Paradesia Desk/Midnite Sleep Aid (S)
+Douglas 2100   +Jared *1201   +Ruth 1300   KAREN S. 1200   ($1298)

Jared, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! WEDNESDAY!!!

Free Chip                                        (4)     0L
Milk Frother                    5/8   8  $28  *  (4)   500L
Disney's "Dumbo" DVD            4/0   0   30  *  (6) Plunko!  (7)  0R
Gumball Machine Lamp            3/1   3   33  *  (4)     0L             Total
(Act) Communicator/Wristwatch   1/0   0   30  *  (7)     0R             $500    LOSS

3  Peavey HP Singature Electric Guitar (B)
+Douglas *1000   KAREN B. 850   +Ruth 999   Karen S. 790   ($1400)

Douglas plays ANY NUMBER
                                                                      Picks: 5 4 6
Ford Focus ZX4SE (Std., AT, Conv., Sport, Mouldings, AirBag, Alarm)(S)  $1 -,- - -   ($17,210)
Ashley Bittersweet Dining Group (P)                                         $4 6 5   LOSS
That Damned Piggy Bank                                                      $-.- -  (   9.83)
Barker's not liking this show much.

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,465   Douglas   75 stay   .75
 1,959   Jared     70 + 80    OV
 8,921   Anthony  100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 90   Through to Showcase Round

4  2 Stainless Patio Heaters/Selsun Salon (P)
AMAR 800   Karen B. 1025   +Ruth 750   +Karen S. 1000   OVERBID
     749             689           1              540   ($599)
                         STUPID 2nd BID

Karen S. plays GROCERY GAME for a Beachcomber Hot Tub (S)($6995)

(5) Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce   1 x  1.99  $ 1.99   -19.01
(3) Capzasin P                      1 x 12.99   13.98   - 6.08
(2) Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter      1 x  5.88   20.86   WIN!

(1) Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)
(4) Gold Bond Powder

5  Noritake Alere Crystal Stemware (B&S)
Amar 1   Karen B. 725   +Ruth *500   JESSICA 695   ($504)
STUPID BID

Ruth plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Ford Fusion SE (Std.,)(P)($21,275)

$12,610$13,980$15,206$17,121$19,460$20,159$21,962
LOSS

6  Murrey Delano Billiard Table (B&P)
Amar 2222   Karen B. 1595   DAVID 2500   Jessica 1495   ($1898)

Karen B. from Golden, CO plays DOUBLE PRICES for a Yamaha VX110 Waverunner (S)

>$10,999<   PICK
($ 8,998)   LOSS
 $ 8,998

SHOWDOWN #2
$  504   Ruth       55 + 70    OV
 1,898   Karen B.   10 + 90  1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 80   Through to Showcase Round
 7,634   Karen S.   70 + 45    OV

Karen B.: Puny 1st Spin; Bob-aided thereafter

SHOWCASE ROUND
Anthony has the honor.

SC1-Karen B.   Broyhill Elk River Living Room Group
BID   $14,500   Hibernia Carpeting
PRICE    18,140   Gemstone Globe (B)
DIFF    -3,640   Trip to Hong Kong (NWA Vacations; 6n @ Sheraton)(S)
TOTAL   $21,038

SC2-Anthony   FRAMES
BID   $17,200   Fetco Picture Frames (P)
PRICE    23,014   "The Fugitive" DVD
DIFF    -5,814   (Samsung) Portable DVD Player (B)
      Chevy Equinox LS (Std., AirBag)(S)

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $42,521

...and then, there were nine.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2006
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:16:47 PM »
Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Plinko- It's getting to the point where I'm starting to totally hate this game now. It's not the same it used to be at all.

Any Number- The ugliness continues. This show is getting nasty.

Bidding Round #5- #238, Jessica! :-D

Double Prices- That should've been won. No excuses.

Showcase- Anthony, Anthony, Anthony... lowballing is not how you win.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Anthony.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Despite the evil pricing games, this was a pretty good show... Grade: 3

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:18:49 PM »
2 Prices of 1- A nice way to start the day.

Plinko- Ugh! That could have not been played any worse. For what it was worth, I felt really bad for Jared.

Any Number- ouch! That ended before it had started. At least Douglas didn't win the piggy bank.

Grocery Game- Karen played Very well.

That's Too Much- ugh! Why is it  that as of late Everyone seems to stop one short?

Well I'm off to the Big Sky state tomorrow.Have a nice day!

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 02:26:02 PM »
Even though the episode was short on wins, Bob made it almost seem like we had a perfect show today.

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Double Prices- That should've been won. No excuses.

I've got (a good) one -- it's a 50/50 game usually, and today was no different.

sternal wrote:
Plinko- Ugh! That could have not been played any worse.

Actually, Jared did nothing wrong.  :roll:

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:30:33 PM »
Wow, wondeful episode, everything seemed really fun today.  Of course, now that I'm finally finished school and exams, I was able to enjoy the show more today.

I can't say 2 for the Price of 1 was very hard, but I almost picked five for the second digit.

I think I'm getting better.  I knew the second SP in Plinko would be the Dumbo DVD before it was even revealed. :-)

I was so thankful that Rich cued into the Plinko intro off Bob's introduction smoothly.  Now, if he would just do that in all cash games...

Jared was pretty fun, but he was showing off a little too much at the top of the Plinko board.

Speaking of the Plinko board, remind me to ask Roger next Q&A if there's a microphone up there or something.  Somehow the contestants up there are heard pretty well.

Really nice to hear Sam used for the three-digit prize in Any Number.  I almost got lost thinking we were about to play Ten Chances. :-)

Wow, those backdrops have legs to just walk away.

I know some of the display prizes used on the show have been dinged up a bit, but I've never seen a more obviously-damaged prize than the huge dent in the side of the Ford Focus in Any Number.  Wonder why they didn't just turn the car the other way around, unless there was a bigger dent on the other side.

I'm still surprised that Karen managed to win Grocery Game despite having played so pitufully.  The pasta sauce was the product that should have been her last purchase.  At least she didn't buy more than one Capzasin.

Bart doesn't like to reveal Range Game before its prize is revealed, yet he'll reveal Double Prices if it just so happens to get caught even the slightest. :-P

When was the last time Bob aided on a bonus spin?  I can't seem to remember.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 02:34:44 PM »
2 For the Price of 1: I did not get the details of the small prize; I thought those were bowling equipment, making me say 759. But as soon as I heard Bob say "tools," I thought differently, tooling with 729.

Plink-lo: As soon as I saw that Plunko, my network went Plunko with a breaking special report on a chemical plant fire, which makes me think of a popular video game that features a chemical plant. [Bob's commentary after Any Number gave me the details of this game.]

Any Number: My brother and I immediately picked 4, 5, and 6 as the second number for the car. After seeing 4 and 5 appear for the dining group, I'm thinking this is a plot by the Dob. To me, it was.

One Bid 4: At least I'm not the only one who thought bidding 1 after an overbid while not being the last bidder was stupid.

Grocery Game: At first, I wanted to buy ten of the Rinaldi, but realized I would be in BIG trouble if I did that. I stopped playing along until I totally supported Karen's pick of the TC (kitty) litter.

That's Too Much!: That's Terrible!
I thought $20,159 would be okay, but as soon as I heard that buzzer, "Maybe I should've went one more." I shoulda.

Double Prices: I rushed to the bathroom to fix my mouth. After hearing the prices, I immediately picked $8,998. I figured there was no way the Waverunner could be more than $10,000.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 02:38:54 PM »
Wow... Grocery Game has actually been won twice in a row now!  Roger can't be enjoying that.  I bet Roger uses all five products over $10.00 next time .

I don't think Amar had much of a clue what he was doing in contestants' row.  Bidding $749 during an overbid when the lowest bid was $750, and bidding $1 as the second bidder... even his $2222 bid, while not technically bad, just screamed "I have no idea what I'm doing!"  I'm glad he didn't get out of contestants' row.

I wouldn't say that Ruth was the best at shouting "That's too much!", but it definitely stood out in its odd little way.

sternal typed:  Grocery Game- Karen played very well.

Starting with one of the pasta sauce wasn't a smart opening move.  She did better after that, granted, but I still wouldn't call it "very well."

heelsrule1988 claimed:  Double Prices- That should've been won. No excuses

I would have lost.  A single prize ending in 999 looks better than a single prize ending in 998, it's that simple .

Offline weatherdan882002

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 02:57:29 PM »
2 For the Price of 1 – Most people would have chosen the 2nd number as their free number, but it didn’t matter – he won those prizes easily…

Plinko – What rotten luck! It’s as if those plinko chips were magnetically attracted to those “0” slots! It did indeed bring back memories of that woman who “hit bottom”…

Any # - MORE rotten luck! Technically, he only picked 3 #s because the first number in the car is given for free, so 3 #s picked, all 3 end up in the dinette. What kind of a show is this?

Grocery Game – not exactly how most people play the game, but hey, on this day – we could use any win we get…

That’s Too Much! – She was closer than I was. Off by one too. The bad luck just keeps on coming…

Double Prices – No way was that more than $10K. The audience even made their opinion of disapproval after she made her choice.

Showcases – just like yesterday – the more expensive showcase was much cheaper than I thought, the cheaper showcase was more expensive than I thought. While I did OB on the most expensive showcase, I was closer than I was yesterday on the cheaper showcase…

This show was just plain weird. Lots of bad luck – it’s as if this was taped on Friday the 13th, or better yet – 6/6/06…
"There's a solution for every problem on this show." - Bob Barker

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
Did you guys get a chance to see my pop called as the last contestant?   That was pretty sweet!

You might have noticed a few 35th anniversary shirts in the audience, and I think it was because some people either weren't aware that it the premeire episode wasn't going to tape until August or perhaps it was too short notice to change the shirts around.  

Now to today's episode...

Plinko, plinko, plinko.  I mean that was just brutal!  I'm not sure what the guy was thinking after it happened.  I wish he could have sent it down that middle slot at least once though, I mean it was statistically proven that that slot has the highest probability of hitting the 10k.

2 for the price of 1 was well played, I'd think, and I was happy to see Grocy won, but everything else... just unbelieveably stupid decisions.

Could Any Number have been played any worse than it was today?  That had to be the worst I've seen it played all season!

The wheel is certainly being generous again w/ the bonus money... A pretty good show, despite gameplay ineptitude.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 03:05:04 PM »
Two for the Price of One: Nice win, but I would have taken the second digit for free to be more safe than sorry.

Plinko: Why is it players do so well with the small prizes don't do so well with the board itself? Why?

Any Number: I didn't see most of this because of an EAS test, and I'm kinda glad I did. Well, at least he didn't win the piggy bank that way.

Grocery Game: EXCELLENT playing! Karen is one of the best players I have seen playing this game in a while! Probably the highlight of the show for me.

That's Too Much: Kinda surprised this popped up instead of Card Game, because I was expecting Card Game when the Fusion showed up. Well, at least its more possible to win in this game than Card Game, but that's not saying much.

Double Prices: Too bad. I thought the top one was more right as well.

SSD2: And we have our second $1,000 winner of the day, and it's because of Bob's help!

Showcases: As soon as Anthony bid $17,200, there was no doubt in my mind he had lost. Well, if it's of any consolation, he proabably would have overbid on it had he not bid what he did.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 03:08:23 PM »

BobboChung wrote:
Any Number: I didn't see most of this because of an EAS test, and I'm kinda glad I did. Well, at least he didn't win the piggy bank that way.

Do they still do those right in the middle of programs?  Aren't those what station breaks are for?

BobboChung wrote:
Grocery Game: EXCELLENT playing! Karen is one of the best players I have seen playing this game in a while! Probably the highlight of the show for me.

Don't kid me.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »

Nick wrote:

I know some of the display prizes used on the show have been dinged up a bit, but I've never seen a more obviously-damaged prize than the huge dent in the side of the Ford Focus in Any Number.  Wonder why they didn't just turn the car the other way around, unless there was a bigger dent on the other side.

Oh Nick, I have a story for you.  I was at this taping and what happened was as they whisked the backdrop away to reveal the car it SLAMMED into the side of the Ford Focus, leaving a huge dent!  Sort of a Janice moment in reverse.  Clearly the first reveal attempt was edited out...

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »
TTTT, I would have guessed six (6) myself as the third pick for Any Number, as many Ford Focuses are in the $16,000-range. What bad luck.

FWIW — Douglas played the game well, he just picked three numbers that would logically have fit into the car's price but happened to make up the dinette's price. At least he has a decent dinette to spruce up his home.

As for Jared, yeah, he played the small prizes in Plinko! alright, and had some bad luck (with four chips landing in $0). But he took soooooooooooo long in dropping the chips onto the board; that was sooooooooo annoying. Just drop the dang chips and get on with the game, whydoncha?

And actually, it was Amar who had the stupid second bid for the patio heaters; $750 was the lowest bid for the first overbid, and he bid $749. I have never seen an one-bid overbid be just $1 less than the lowest bid in an overbid. (Yeah, I know that sounds confusing, but you'll figure it out) ;-)

Brian Rathjen

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:16:05 PM »
I was there for this episode as well, and the stagehands pulled the backdrop too far back and put the dent in the car!!  You could really hear it in the studio, which was why it was reshot after the show was over.  I thought it was hilarious, but Roger & Bob did not seem happy at all.  During the commercial break my friend asked about new pricing games and Penny Ante.  Bob asked Roger about Penny Ante and Roger had said that the problem was almost fixed and would return soon.  As far as the new pricing games, Bob and Roger stated that a new pricing game called "Stack The Deck" would begin taping two weeks from June 8th(the date of today's taping) which is June 22nd.  Bob also stated that two pricing games would also debut in the 35th season as well. So we could very well see the return of Penny Ante and have 3 new pricing games to boot.  This is going to be a productive season.  The show was very fun to attend.  It was awesome to see Plinko played in person. I was hoping to see and knew it was due.  This was another good group to be a part of.  The Grocery Game contestant came over here from El Salvador and she learned english by watching The Price Is Right!!  She was awesome to talk to and I was really happy that she won.  Just again a great show.  

BE SURE TO WATCH ON JUNE 27TH FOR ONE OF GOLDEN-ROAD.NET'S MEMBER ON TPIR!!!  And you can see me again, close up on camera!!  

jimlange

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 03:42:27 PM »
Today's show was good. Two for One was pretty easy, I would have chosen the second digit for free, but I knew it was $729 anyway. Although I enjoy Plinko, it gets so boring when four chips go into the 0 slot, and they only win a small amount of money, it really bugs me. I did notice the legs while moving Phire away with the dinette, and I thought those were dents in the car, I thought at first it was just the lighting.

I didn't like the fact that Karen opened with the sauce, that should have been the last item to pick since it's so cheap. I thought that one cat litter was too much, but I was wrong. I thought that the dinette set was $485, but I knew the first number in the Focus was 7. My initial guess was $17,120.

For That's Too Much, I would have stopped at $19,460. I thought that Ruth went too far, but went one too little. I never would have thought for the car to be $21,275. And I thought that $10,999 was too obvious for Double Prices. I would have went with $8998.