Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2006  (Read 33091 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/14/2006
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 09:43:38 PM »
Bobbo, Sternal regarding Grocery Game: "EXCELLENT playing?" "Played very well?" Baloney.

While she had the good sense not to pick more than one of each, did you two notice that Karen S. was employing the classic "point and look to the peanut gallery" bit? She hadn't any idea what to do. That is not playing the game. That is letting the audience play the game for you.

Playing a game very well means you Do Not poll 'them', rather you do as much of your own thinking as possible. Otherwise, Barker's willing to let you dig your own grave.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2006
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »
Jordanar18 wrote:

I have to back heels on this one; it's sorta been on a rotten losing streak.

What? You mean since 1983?

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »
did any body note what i said after the first sentences that I felt bad for jared. i thought jared guess was perfect on the button. I felt jared's should have won more money.

As far as joe question yes i did notice the finger pointing but at the time I had thought at the time she was lookig suggestion. i guess I should had paid more attention!

Brian

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 11:30:26 PM »
Jared was an excellent contestant.  I thoroughly enjoyed him and felt real bad for him at the same time.  Nothing he did wrong.

Any Number's segment was just...strange.
John

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 11:45:51 PM »
This was definitely a show that had to make you say "How did that happen?"

While Douglas probably should've thrown in a 0 (and maybe the other 1) it wouldn't have helped him here.  He knew what he was doing, but....wow.

I think we can safely say we've NEVER seen a Grocery Game win quite like today's.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 11:52:31 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Double Prices).

2 for the Price of 1 -- 2:38
Pl!nko! -- 5:12
Any Number -- 1:54
Grocery Game -- 2:25
That's Too Much -- 2:08
Double Prices -- 1:09

Why did the losing horns play for the Double Prices loss?  I thought that they didn't sound in this game, but I could be wrong.

BobboChung wrote:
Plinko: Why is it players do so well with the small prizes don't do so well with the board itself? Why?

I'm not sure... anyone else have an explaination for this very strange occurrence??

toetyper wrote:
whats the most expensive prize ever offered in double prices? not on a primetime specIal, a regular ep

On the Septemmer 24, 2001 daytime show, a Ski Boat was offered (and won) worth $19,100.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 12:41:30 AM »

Frank15 wrote:
I would have lost.  A single prize ending in 999 looks better than a single prize ending in 998, it's that simple .

That "999" looked like a decoy to me. Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't fooled.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
been played less times this year than it has in probably at least a decade, and you're complaining about it?!

That's not really the gripe I have about it anymore. Roger's gotten better about not overplaying it, so I'm pleased to see that. To me, though, it just seems like it's lost its luster. When I was a kid, it used to be awesome. I went nuts whenever Rod said, "you're going to play... Plinko!" But now, it seems like it's no fun anymore. Nobody ever wins that much now. I don't know, it's just not the same as it used to be to me.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 08:17:46 AM »
Frank, the reason I disliked the decision to go with $10,999 is price ranges... We've seen our share of $9,000 and change Waverunners on the show, but we haven't seen any $10,000+ ones... That was why the "odd" looking $8,998 looked better to me than $10,999...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »
PIR85 wrote:
The dent on the Focus was very noticeable.  If they were going to reshoot the piece, I cannot imagine why they wouldn't have turned it around.

They reshot it immediately after the act ended, since the car and dinette were already on hand. It would have been more difficult and time-consuming to find someplace to hold the dinette, car, and backdrops offstage (instead of immediately returning them to the warehouse, like they'd normally do), wait until the show was over, move the showcase prizes out of the way, and set everything back up for the reshoot. So even though the car was dented on that side, it was faster to hope that most people wouldn't notice.

PIR85 wrote:
Why would they reshoot it?  On Tyra Banks's show, she had an interview with Barker.  He said that if mistakes happen on the show, they let it onto the air.

Because on the first take, when Rich said, "A new car!", the dinette was still completely blocking the view of the car. A couple of seconds later, they were able to reposition it and move it out of the way to reveal the (now-dented) car. You can hear kind of an audio shift where suddenly everybody starts reacting well after "A new car!". The contestant's reaction looked a little delayed, too, since he couldn't see the car until that point. Bob didn't mention the moment at all because he knew that they would never keep that take.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.