Author Topic: Drew on "The Insider"  (Read 6885 times)

Offline unk257

• Outside in Line
Re: Drew on "The Insider"
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »
Not annoying in the least..but to each his own opinion..

I found the new set quite interesting to say the least...it looks bright and the color scheme is similar to the MDS...

I also found Drew's antics from what I saw  on ET  and this here totally different and refreshing. When did you see a game show host embrace a contestant aka..the Million Dollar Winner on the Power of 10 or the Dice Game Here..

I'll have to watch a few shows to make the final judgement until he gets relaxed etc....personally I think he's getting into the groove...

There have been a lot of naysayers on the board..I say at least give the Man a chance....he has big shoes to fill...

Regards
Al

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 01:06:30 AM »
Drew will do a great job on the show, but I will always will know the price is right with bob barker.  Like everyone else, I will just have to get used to carey hosting.  It will be different.

Offline unk257

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 01:17:30 AM »
I definitely agree.

Offline luckymee

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 01:24:36 AM »
UNK,

I see we are the only 2 online. After watching the Insider, they were suppose to have the weekend edition with TPIR secrets. I watched and looked here in our cable and could not find it. If you saw it today, would you please email me the clip?

Thanks,
luckymee
luckymee / kadwash@comcast.net

Offline MandDY53

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »

Brandon Bridges wrote:
It IS different. The second verse especially--I don't quite know how to describe it but there's some big differences coming in the second verse.

For my brother and I, the first clue that this was definitely the new theme came around 1:48 in the online video - there's some scooping in the melody when it goes from C to G.  Compare that to the :27/:28 mark in the original theme, where the melody is regular.
Also, there is definitely an ascending harp glissando going into the bridge/B section that wasn't there in the original theme.

JeffP wrote:

FieldsFan336 wrote:
BTW, loved how Rich got the last word in the video :-D

Personally, I found that a bit annoying.

I'm glad we weren't the only ones who had the same thought.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 09:15:31 AM »

JeffP wrote:
I don't understand why all of sudden everyone claps along or dances to the beat of the theme songs of game shows.  Now it looks like Price is doing it too.

This really isn't "sudden" at all.  People routinely clapped along with the Family Feud theme in the 70s.  It happened in almost every episode of Fandango in the 80s.

Offline some734guy

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »
Let's be glad that hand jive hasn't taken hold, like it did on the Brit version of Blockbusters...

Offline luckymee

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 11:25:22 AM »
After watching the Insider, they were suppose to have the weekend edition with TPIR set secrets. I watched and looked here in our cable guide and could not find it. If you have seen it, would someone please email me the clip?

Any help on this will be very much appreciated. I stayed up last night and finally saw "The Insider" weekend edition but they did not even show Donnie and Marie or Drew Carey with TPIR as advertised.

Thanks again guys!
luckymee / kadwash@comcast.net

Offline JeffP

• In the Audience
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »

CaseyGV wrote:

JeffP wrote:
I don't understand why all of sudden everyone claps along or dances to the beat of the theme songs of game shows.  Now it looks like Price is doing it too.

This really isn't "sudden" at all.  People routinely clapped along with the Family Feud theme in the 70s.  It happened in almost every episode of Fandango in the 80s.

Well yes, but Fandango was a music game show.  That makes a little more sense.

These days it seems it's a requirement to clap or dance to the theme.  On Family Feud they clap ALL the time not just at the end of the show. On Temptation they dance to the music coming back from breaks. They made celebrities in Hollywood Squares dance to the theme music.  Martin Mull would refuse to do it, and after seeing Chuck Woolery do it during game show week, Chuck should have refused too!

It all just seems a bit silly, and the Price theme doesn't seem catchy enough to clap along to.

That being said, I'll admit there are much worse things to worry about in the world.

Offline pricefan3376

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »

There is a countdown clock on the main page, it shows the time left until the show debuts in Eastern Time.

Ah, yes, I see it now that I have finally scrolled down to the bottom of the page.  Thanks, GRFanatic.  :)

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »
Though I must say I'm not surprised people were clapping at the end of the show, I'm hoping it doesn't become a regular thing. It is out of place, IMO, for the clapping as the theme isn't that upbeat. As long as it doesn't become regular practice to clap along to the Cliffhangers theme, it won't really bother me much.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »
ILoveBonusGame wrote:

As long as it doesn't become regular practice to clap along to the Cliffhangers theme, it won't really bother me much.

That's already been happening for several years, hasn't it?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pete1974

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »

JeffP wrote:

FieldsFan336 wrote:

BTW, loved how Rich got the last word in the video :-D

Personally, I found that a bit annoying.

I don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but there was a episode of the "Late-Late show with Craig Ferguson" where Bob, Rich and the Beauties come in and trash Craig's set.  After it's over, Rich turns to the camera and says "stick around, we'll be right back with (insert guest here)"

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2007, 07:12:44 PM »
Here's the link to the Late Late Show clip:
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline tpirfan165

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 01:03:46 AM »
i'd have to admit, fieldsfan, that when i saw that "The Insider" clip, i was just as happy as can be to see Rich at the end of that clip :-D
< loves it when Drew Carey attempts to make an inspiration putt, and when it misses the hole, he just does a little second putt with the ball to sink it

( as was in his 500th show) ROFL!!!