Author Topic: Deal or No Deal: Season 3  (Read 62678 times)

Offline Doughnut

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Crumbs from a Doughnut
Re: Deal or No Deal: Season 3
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2007, 02:13:20 AM »
Actually, that would be an increase of about 8 times, according to my calculator.  30.7 divided by 3.85 is about 7.974, which can be rounded up to 8.

Just saying.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:15:05 AM by Doughnut »
Yes, I'm still around. :P

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 09:22:34 AM »
Wow... last night on DoND, we had a guy taking home $236,000, but had he played all the way to the end, without a case swap, he would've been a millionaire.  :cry: :cry:

That's a lot more than that $42,000 the breast cancer survivor won last week, which also wasn't too bad.  :-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »
You've got to wonder how many people are going to say they feel the million dollars is in their case, yet not go all the way to find it in there. Taking the deal was the right decision, so I'm not frustrated about that. What I am bothered by is the fact that he was confident he had the top prize in his case, yet didn't go for it. Why do contestants continue to do that? There's been several times this season where the exact same thing has happened. Someone's got to go all the way some time.

In other depressing news, Lindsay's streak is over at 12. Nothing to be too upset about, though... that's one heck of a run.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »
Rough night at The Culver Studios. To make matters worse, Lindsay wasn't picked at all. All that equals a lackluster show. Surely we'll see better next Friday.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »
First off, let me say that it was refreshing to see a contestant like Danny. He was just a good guy... none of the over-the-top stuff that we're used to seeing from Deal contestants. That said, his deal was absolutely terrible. It's been a while since I've strongly disagreed with a deal, but this one was just unacceptable. Lindsay's not doing well, either, so that added to the frustration. Not a good month on Deal so far.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
I'll admit though, it was a treat to see Kermit the Frog helping out. (I've always been a fan of the Muppets, so what can I say? ;-)) Kinda like when Big Bird "unexpectedly" showed up on the Xmas show in Lamar Wilson's game...

Only thing I didn't really like about the episode was when the banker showed Danny and Howie the "embarrassing" photos... that was just too much. The Banker's boy band was pretty funny to see, though.  :lol:

(BTW, speaking of Howie and the Muppets, I wonder if it would've been funny if Animal and Skeeter (and maybe Bunsen) from Muppet Babies would've shown up [in cartoon form, of course, just like when Howie's Bobby Generic character showed up early in the year], considering they were originally voiced by Howie... ;-))

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
First off: Erin :-D

Wasn't really an overly exciting show, but it wasn't too bad, either. Let me say that the cheerleader who held #13 did an awesome job. Totally looked like a Deal model. If I'm the producers, I'm talking to her parents after the show and asking them to call back in a few years. :-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 12:07:25 AM »
Two-hour shows are usually garbage, so after Dakenya's game ended, it was shaping up to be another dud. But along comes Jay Garrity, and... wow. I think it's safe to say that his game was the best game of Deal or No Deal that I've ever seen. I only wish he could have done better than $307,000. That's still a heck of a haul, but considering the way his game was going, he should have won so much more.

Oh, and... MICHELE'S WIN AT #6 ON THE TOP TEN MOMENTS LIST?! Bull. #1 in my book.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 01:51:21 AM »
Well, this is the 1st time I've watched Deal or No Deal in quite some time, and I really liked tonight's show.

I remember at one point during the game Jay's girlfriend told him to eliminate Case 10, but he didn't listen to her.  At first I had a feeling that either the million or $2 million was in there, but it wasn't.  He said at one point during the game something like if he won big, he was going to jump into that pie.  That would have been hilarious if he actually would have done it. :lol:
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
Kind of a dull show, but at least Lindsay had a fantastic night. Can't do any better than the penny. :-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »
Great night for Lindsay, not so great night for the rest of the show. Two duds and a semi-boring game... but that's typically how two-hour shows go.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2007, 07:27:32 AM »
Great night for Lindsay, not so great night for the rest of the show. Two duds and a semi-boring game... but that's typically how two-hour shows go.

Me and Armadillo discussed the show over AIM last night.  After the first two contestants won a combined total of $26 *insert clangs and whoops*, we decided to see if we could suck just as bad.  In game #3, I took Alike's case and Army took Keltie's case.  I won $1.  Army won $5.  Suckitude across the board.

If you ever get on Deal, Heels, I don't know what case you'll pick to be yours, but me and Army both know that #26 will be the last unopened case cuz you'll want to stare at Lindsay for the whole hour. :P

Friday night, it's models in bikinis!  Ooh la la!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
I was wondering about that because I heard it would be summer-themed! Heck yes!!!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2007, 11:00:56 AM »
Decent game...but she did a horrible job of adapting to the fact that she had the biggest safety net either.  If you assume your husband's not dumb/unlucky enough to crash and burn, you could probably go for broke (or at least not take a terrible deal), since if you don't end up with the big money and take a penny, you can always trade it in for the 'backup' deal.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »
Yeah... definitely a dumb deal. I consider the middle amounts ($10,000-$75,000) mini safety nets, so as long as those are up there, you have to seriously consider going on.