Author Topic: "I ask you...is he/she a winner?"  (Read 8122 times)

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re:
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »
Personally, on the MYM reveal I'd like Barker to have said "Did (s)he make the right move?" Just sounds better to me.

Never thought of that one...great way to incorporate the name and gameplay into the reveal.  It would be cool if Drew would start doing this.
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: \
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 11:33:57 PM »
One of the very few reasons I'm glad he's retired, and I can only hope Drew Carey doesn't copy it.

I can only remember one show where Drew did it - it was with Triple Play and the conversation went something like this:

Contestant: I'm going to say $27,655.
Drew: Alright... you know, Bob used to tease contestants and make them wait, but you know, I'm here now, so I'm not going to do that....
Contestant: <biting his nails>
Drew: I could just sit here and waste time, but you know, this is my show now, so I'm going to reveal the price...
<goes on for another minute or so>
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 11:42:23 PM »
As I watch more and more of Drew's shows, it seems he is starting to understand how many of the games unfold, and I think we will see more interesting reveals in his second season.  This season has brought us the "Alakazam" and the "I'm not even going to look", but I find Drew to be a creative soul, and he will bring more to the table as he sees the games over and over.

Learning the rules to 70+ games is one thing, learning how to milk each of them for their individual quirks is another.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
Re: I ask you...is he/she a winner?
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 09:32:28 AM »
Personally, I never liked the "I'm not even going to look" even more than the "Alakazam".  Maybe it's because Drew is saying how he will react to which I respond "I don't care what you do".  I don't care if he says "Now I'm going to pull this flap down..." but the "I'm not even going to look" should go.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
Re:
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:36 PM »
i do agree that these reveals are the best. they tend to be the most dramatic and can cause lots of tension. when we find out whether they're right nor not...the reaction can be amazing!

oh, and yay for this being my 1000th post! launch the alarms! :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:31:14 PM by stormy41992 »
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline jaguarxjnj

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 02:09:24 PM »
I've got two things to say about win reveals.

During season 35, there were a few perfect shows. On one of them, there was a female contestant named Charlie playing Grand Game. I absolutely loved Bob's false reveal. It went-a somthin' like this:

Bob: she's picked the skin cream. Alright, Chrarlie, you know if that skin cream is under 5.25, you will win $10,000.

Charlie: (squeals)

Bob: what would you do with $10,000?

Charlie: Pay for school!!

Bob: Does she....  Where do you go to school?

Audience: (laughs)

Charlie: BYU Idaho!

Bob: BYU, do you...will you...U hit it Charlie...!

*Whoop* *Whoop* *Whoop* *Clang Clang* *Whoop* *Whoop* *Whoop*
(I love the way the border of the game started twinkling before the music and sirens started)

Also, on a different note, I remember hating Coming Or Going with a passion when it debuted because of it's similarity to Side by Side. But I've changed my mind about it due to it's win reveal. I like the twinkling lights combined with the winning bells!

Here It Comes!! Television's Most Exciting Hour of Fantastic Prizes!! The Fabulous Sixty Minute Price Is Right!