Author Topic: How many tapings have you attended?  (Read 3715 times)

Offline MrBill1978

• In Contestant's Row
    • FacePlace
Re: How many tapings have you attended?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »
by SteveGavazzi on 2007/10/7 12:32:13 AM

I've been IMing Bill for the last 10 minutes or so...he says that during #1513X, which would have aired on September 27, 2000, two contestants somehow ended up in the wrong spots in Contestants' Row. It seems like an odd reason to shelve an entire episode, but it's better than having no explanation at all.

by SteveGavazzi on 2007/10/6 11:56:42 PM

Steve--Thanks so much for clarifying so many questions I've had about that show.  I'm sure you can imagine our disappointment when we wern't seeing ourselves in the audience on the day the show was supposed to air.  And I just got off the phone with my friend who tells me it happened during all the excitement of the third or fourth 'Come On Down'.  Somehow she got the whole lineup rearranged, changing the positions of the bidders.   The tech lady in the booth next to our seats commented to her co-worker that "She is in the wrong spot". I suppose the problem could have been fixed, but it wasn't addressed at all, and the taping continued as though everything was fine.
Censorship Rocks!!

--Bill

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 08:40:02 PM »
Four for me--both tapings on October 8, 2001 (6 years ago in two days...wow), and when the Game Show Congress contingency went in 2005 and 2006.  Randy Amasia was to go with me to the 2001 shows but he had to work that day.  Damn. :-(

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
My God, has Randy been gone almost six years already?

Damn...somehow, it always seems like it can't possibly be that long, no matter how long "that long" is.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 09:52:56 PM »
Four.  Two last September, alone, and two last March, with one Mr. Searcy as to be not alone.

Reports of my awesomeness have been slightly exaggerated.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline canada

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
I've been to one taping and it was one of the top experiences of my life.  To actually walk into the studio and see the whole set was something that I will never forget.  When Bob came walking out of the big doors, it was just incredible!  

I'm hoping to go sometime this winter to see a taping with Drew.

Offline JONBATON

• 9/24/1997
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 02:16:46 PM »
I've been to 3 tapings - June 9, 10, and 11, 1997. Just being in the studio was amazing enough, but to get picked on the third day was the most exciting moment of my life. Hard to believe it's been 10 years!

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 04:44:23 PM »
I went to the taping that aired on June 8, 2007.  I was really glad to see Three Strikes that day.  It was an amazing experience, despite the fact that my 2 college friends and I spent like 14 hours in line.  We ended up in the 4th row in the middle---it was really breathtaking.  

The downer to that taping though was:
1) Roger didn't want that many things won that day.
2) I felt partly responsible for Adam's heartbreaking $6 loss in Range Game, Gregg's loss in One Wrong Price, and Craig's loss in One Away.  On the other hand, those three games were definitely set up to be lost.  
3) I didn't get picked...oh well.
4) Lindsay choking in the showcase thanks to her mom's advice.

The Race Game and Range Game bloopers were hilarious!  I couldn't help but laugh at it after viewing the episode.  

At first, we all got friendly with Roger in line.  But after the taping, NONE of the audience members wanted to talk to Roger due to the fact that he screwed some of the best contestants during their pricing games.

Offline strongbad

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 05:34:32 PM »
I've been to four tapings:

March 2003
June 2004
January 2005
June 2006

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 09:35:43 AM »
43.  That's right. 43.  BEAT THAT WITH A STICK!

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »
I went to two tapings. It was last year in the Spring.

Offline akampfer2

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 01:58:45 PM »
I attended tapings in July 1996, September 1997, and November 2002.  I'd like to go one more time next spring. 

Does anybody know how long is the wait now?  Are people still waiting a couple of days to get in??