Author Topic: NEW Technical Support Forum -- Please Read Before Posting  (Read 9800 times)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
NEW Technical Support Forum -- Please Read Before Posting
« on: October 08, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »
Welcome to the all new Golden-Road.net!

For those who are new to this site (or have been here, but have been living under a rock :lol: ), I'm Robert, the Tech Support Guy (among other things) here at Golden-Road.net!  I welcome you all to the NEW Golden-Road.net. :-D

This forum is set up in case you need help with something or if you're having a problem using a certain feature.  This forum is NOT for reporting problems with members, complaining about forum rules, questioning moderator actions, or reporting problems with things outside of Golden-Road.net.  If you have a legitimate problem with a member or moderator (or an action taken by a moderator), you should use the report post feature or contact Marc or ClockGameJohn.

Before posting in this forum, I ask that you search our Technical Support FAQ, which is located in a sticky post at the top of this forum.  In addition, please check The Front Office for latest announcements as they could pertain to your problem.  Also, please search the Technical Support Forum to see if your problem has already been answered.

If you have gone through all of those and still haven't found your answer, please don't be afraid to post your problem here.  I'll try to answer your question to the best of my ability as soon as I possibly can.  Please title your thread appropriately (e.g. Buddy List not letting me add on instead of HELP ME!!!!) and give as many details as you can (e.g. error messages or other details instead of chat down, plz help, thx).

Please be patient when you post here.  I may be busy with stuff in real life.  Don't expect an answer in less than 5 minutes (although if I'm online, know the solution to your problem, and I'm not bogged down with requests, you will probably get an answer very quickly).   Do NOT rush me.  You don't want to travel down that road. ;-)

Please try to keep threads on topic.  If you're having a problem with our new Buddy List feature, please don't post your problem in a thread concerning the Golden Gallery.  Start a new thread. ;-)

If you see someone post a problem and you know the answer (or where the answer can be found), please help out your fellow members and post the solution or a link to another post or something in the Technical Support FAQ. :-)

Do NOT send me a private message requesting tech support UNLESS you are not able to post in the Technical Support Forum or it's a problem that should not be publicly posted.  Please search and post in the Technical Support Forum.  Any PMs I receive requesting tech support not meeting the previous guidelines will be ignored.

Once again, I welcome you to Golden-Road.net!  I hope you enjoy your time here and keep on coming back! :-D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:54:13 PM by RobertSearcy »