Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2007  (Read 25288 times)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/28/2007
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 10:20:59 AM »
1RP: I had a hunch that TV was less than $4138.

Temptation: When Sammy thought 7 was the second number, I feared the worst. That was a tricky price.  :clipboard:

1/2 Off: Poor carol.  :-( A tragic loss for a very great player, too.  :cry:

Push: Well, I actually thought that Bed was $4077, too.  :oops: That Bed should've been an IUFB.

TTM: Sheesh! How close can you get? Even I thought he should've went one more. The stench is creeping up again.

PickPair: The product plugs are just too hilarious!!  :lol: LET'S HEAR IT FOR JOHN!!!!!!! :-D :-D Stench goes bye-bye.  :-P

Showcases: The 2nd Showcase was a killer. The prices of that Zurich trip and that Water Bike done our top winner in.

A 3-star show.

Offline bigdog444

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »
One Right Price: Probably should have been won; TV prices usually end in 99 so it was an easy decision to put $4138 on the motorcycles.

Half Off: Tough break. This game's evilness in 50-50 situations from last season continues into this season.

Temptation: Nobody that doesn't know anything about Dodge Calibers was going to win this. But Sammy was good for getting the last three numbers right.

Pushover: Again, most that don't know anything about Ashley Furniture was going to lose. But as it turned out, it was a good thing Christopher didn't win.

That's Too Much: Shawn would have had it if he stayed with his gut instinct!

Pick a Pair: Pappy fends off yet another skunk.

SHOW GRADE: 3 Goodson Todman Asterisks

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 05:19:53 PM »
If thet guy works for a CBS afilliate...shouldn`t someone have said something ahead of time...  8-O

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »
Chris has made another post on his blog about the incident and the comments that he has been receiving; you can read it HERE
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:12:38 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline starcade

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 06:53:47 PM »
Sorry, but I have to express my disgust.

The rule doesn't "suck" -- he works for a CBS station, therefore, he's ineligible.

And, to add to it, if a Blockbuster person were to try to get on a show where Blockbuster was a main sponsor (I believe the spiel does extend to sponsors), then, yes, you would be out.

And I also don't like a lot of the people here who excuse it.  That's about as blatant as it gets and bully for CBS for catching it!!

The thing that disgusts me most is that there are some of us who would like to actually legally get on the damn show -- and then, from rare time to time, we get this.  Pfeh.

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Well, the sucky thing is them finding out Chris was ineligible AFTER taping.  Therefore, they couldn't just scrap the game and call one of the reserve contestants, and proceed with another game, like I assume happens.  If I was the producer, I would try to make contact with the contestant who was 10th on the list (as in the first backup), and tell him/her what happened and award him/her Chris's prizes AND retain his/her eligibility.  That's what I think.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 09:35:10 PM »
1 Right Price-Dalece should have listened to the audience.  $4138 looked way too expensive for a TV.

1/2 Off-Brandi accidentally gave us a sneak peek of Box #10 as she picked it up.  I had a feeling Box #7 was going to have the money.

Temptation-The car went from $10K+ to $80K+ in a minute?  Jeez, I didn't know inflation was that bad. :-P  Even if someone guessed a 5 for the 2nd number, they probably still would have lost, since the last number was a 5. :clipboard:

Pushover-I thought he had the right price.  Tough loss.

That's Too Much!-One more would have done it.

Pick-a-Pair-Easy as always.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »
Just out of curiosity, why was it that show #3 wasn't aired when someone related to a CBS staff member wasn't aired, yet this show gets by even though Chris actually works for CBS (indirectly, of course)?!?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 11:05:59 PM »
Because the quiz show scandals are now half a century in the past, as opposed to 15 years.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:16:38 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 11:30:07 PM »
Well, the sucky thing is them finding out Chris was ineligible AFTER taping.  Therefore, they couldn't just scrap the game and call one of the reserve contestants, and proceed with another game, like I assume happens.  ...
Except that won't work.   Christopher played game #4.  Do you award everyone in contestant's row at the time he won his way up on stage his prizes *and* the 10th person?  Because not only did Christopher ruin someone's chances of being called to come on down, but he also beat out everyone who was in contestant's row during game 4.  What you are proposing simply isn't a viable solution...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 12:19:28 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
Except that won't work.   Christopher played game #4.  Do you award everyone in contestant's row at the time he won his way up on stage his prizes *and* the 10th person?  Because not only did Christopher ruin someone's chances of being called to come on down, but he also beat out everyone who was in contestant's row during game 4.  What you are proposing simply isn't a viable solution...

I only made the suggestion because I have heard of them doing something like that when the SHOW screws up.  I was only looking for a way this could've been dealt with with a lot less pain then it appeared to have.

Offline goraelec

• Outside in Line
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2021, 01:29:10 AM »
Does anybody here happen to have a recording of this episode? It doesn't seem to exist on the internet