Author Topic: Today's the Day!  (Read 7773 times)

Offline TPIRfan222

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Today's the Day!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »
Will anyone rip the new theme for download?

Offline mike

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 11:33:01 AM »
I am impressed with Drew so far. I think he has a good potential.

Offline SilverEagle5

• Outside in Line
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »
I like the "oh mighty sound effects person" thing...haha.

Offline dirtyd

• 11/18/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »
southwest florida CBS is messing with me right now!!

the picture cut out right as the first price of "in the bag" was to be revealed!

it just came back in picture to see her win the car.

i missed the first big wheel!!!! the picture is still bad!!

grrrrrr!

go figure. florida: cant figure out how to vote, cant even broadcast right on a most important day!

Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Offline ib4uf

• In Contestant's Row
  • Technical Director
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »
my suggestion remains the same, Bart needs to go. Nuf said.

btw, it wasn't FL who could not figure out the vote, it was Democrats who would not concede their loss.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:51:52 AM by ib4uf »

Offline SilverEagle5

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 11:59:16 AM »
Ok... it was a little weird hearing Drew tell us to spay and neuter our pets, but it was even weirder hearing Rich say "A Fremantle Media production."

Offline GSFan2005

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 12:01:49 PM »
Sorry to hear that Mark Goodson's name was finally retired.  Thought they should have left it in tribute.

Offline dirtyd

• 11/18/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:04:21 PM »

btw, it wasn't FL who could not figure out the vote, it was Democrats who would not concede their loss.

apparently your sarcasm detector is broken too, guy!!

:D

...drew is only going to get better as time goes on. does he just like saying "rich fields"?
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:10:38 PM »
Watched the show today.  Im pretty impressed with Drew (much better than Doug Davidson) and he'll only get better once he's completely comfortable and has everything down.  The set is amazing...I'm already used to it.  We should be blessed that it didn't get a TNPIR '94 makeover.

I'll post more of my thoughts (which will be mostly positive) when the recap is posted

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
does he just like saying "rich fields"?
I took it as a sign of respect, since he's the new guy (and he's also closer in age to Rich).

What did you guys think about Drew's comment that "Barker's Bargain Bin" was named after Ezekiel Barker?

While I haven't actually seen the show (see my earlier post), he sounds like he's going much too fast, as if he has to leave on time to be somewhere else.  He sounded this way on Power of 10 too.

But I did like his more open cheering for the contestants, and celebrating when they won.

I'm not too crazy about Drew right now, but I'm willing to give him a chance (er, not that I have any say in the matter  :embarassed: ).
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline Gus

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 12:17:37 PM »
If they're going to do the Fremantle bumper at the end, why bother having Rich say it too? The old spiel was just retained as tradition, so I say, if the MGTVP credit isn't going to be kept, just don't do that bit.

Offline some734guy

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 12:21:48 PM »
I think some amount of the rushing is due to the major time-sink of "It's In The Bag".

Only changes I'd make?

* Ask Drew to back off the mic, by just a couple of inches.
* Replace the yellow shade on the third Contestants' Row display. It's too light and too opaque for good contrast.
* This may be heresy but I'm not much of a fan of Pricedown in places other than the "Price is Right" wordmark.
* I'd suggest that some contestant teases ("Did you drive here? Maybe you can drive home.") shouldn't be done more than once per show.

Raising a glass... Mark Goodson Productions is dead. Long live Mark Goodson Productions!

Offline some734guy

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »
OK, ONE more.

* Jeopardy has adjustable risers at the podiums so the contestants can be at roughly similar heights. After seeing both Peggy and Amor in the showcase, it looks like these could be well-advised.

Then again, Jeopardy doesn't have the same risk of fainters as an exciting showcase round.

Offline NoWhammies91983

• 5/23/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
My opinion:

- Drew is good. He's not great. IMO, he needs to lose a little bit of his "everyman" persona and be a little more cordial. After all, he's still a game show host, not a party host. His explanations of the games today really needed to be slower, and his commercial/prize reveal pitches more varied. However, I have great hope that he'll settle into his role nicely.

- "A FremantleMedia production". That broke my heart.

- I love the new music...almost sounds like it was being performed live.

- Good to see the crane camera. And since this wasn't the first taped episode, looks like we'll be seeing it on a regular basis.

To sum it all up: it's not premiere week for the show, but I think it would do Drew good (say THAT 3 times fast) to treat it like it was. He's gonna take getting used to, but once we're all accustomed to his style, and once he gets a bit better at ad-libbing, I'm sure he could hold the show for years.

Offline rabbit

• Outside in Line
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
Drew is doing great! So far so good....
I am submitting my aplication for Bart's job..... I could do better asleep!

Phil

Wilford Brimley could do better!(ok, enough Brimley jokes for the day, we had tons in the chat!)

:D