Author Topic: CSS Results for June 16  (Read 3313 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for June 16
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:18:08 PM »
I wonder if this has ever happened before. I'm sure that I've seen two players in the room with the same bids and therefore the same score, but today not only did SteveGavazzi and namnhu12 both bid the same on each showcase, but STAGE PLAYER gave completely different bids and tied them to the dollar. STAGE PLAYER also gave the best bid by a comfortable margin on the car showcase and picks up cash.

Two DSWs today. Punchboard91, with an amazing $58 difference on the furniture, picks up the cash but second place due to a tremendous garf on the car. I hasten to point out that now he has done the same thing as LudwigMackdaddy, having the best and worst bids on opposite showcases. (I'd say it a typo, but I cut/paste these scores directly from the chat log; I do not type them out).

rcbought, with a difference of $144 and a much better bid on the car, however, picks up the win. And so ends the first week of the CSS Open.

Note to Whammy: I never got a bid from you on SC2. If I somehow find it in the log, I'll change your score from BORK. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: CSS Results for June 16
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:21:11 PM »
About time I score something.  :-P

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »
Huh.

Strange. I thought I overbid on the furniture. Well, I'm glad I was wrong.  :-)

Y'all want to know my car explanation? Two things:

A: I'm terrible at cars.
B: I just wanted to score some points today.  :-)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:08:48 PM »
I knew the price of the dining room furniture.  I knew the price of the golf clubs.  I knew the price of the golf cart.

So how did I still end up striking out?  I overpriced the Baum Brothers dinnerware by 300 friggin' dollars!  :-(
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »
That damn dinnerware will get you every time.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker