Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/16/2006  (Read 25040 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/16/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »
PG #1 - Mustang + L7 = forced loss.  With a price that involves back-to-back 6s and a 9 at the end, this game was headed for a major disaster.  But LOL for Bob pulling the wrong money out of his pocket!  :lol:

PG #2 - Relatively easy today... considering I noticed that they used the big jug of cat litter today.

PG #3 - Shocked!  Shocked, I tell ya!  I thought for sure that bed was $5,112.

PG #4 - 10 Chances 4th!  Holy Dobkowitz, Batman!  :-P  :-P  :-P  And for anybody out there wondering if there really is a "10-second rule" in this game, ya got your answer today.  I don't know what Rita was thinking, trying to put down a price of $68,xxx.  And I don't blame Bob for attempting to walk off the stage during chance #10, which by itself must've lasted longer than at least three of today's other PGs.  Rita wins the "10 Chances Futility Award" of S34.

Showcases - I thought for sure that Yvette overbid that car showcase.  Shows what I know about SCs that involve bathtubs...

My bids - Car:  $24,535.  Random room:  $18,040.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Online Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:18:50 PM »
Regardless of whether or not it was the first time it happened, it was a bit funny for Bob to have mixed up the $500 with the $7.

Speaking of Lucky $even, Yvette was a great contestant, very excited and enjoyable all throughout the show.

Still speaking of Lucky $even, remind me to ask Roger next Q&A why the board isn't placed correctly behind door number three anymore.

When was the last time Grand Game's light actually worked when the game was revealed?

Speaking of Grand Game, Joan was a great player too; and I'm really glad she managed to win.  I would have lost with the Tidy Cats.

Bob's explanation of Balance Game was somewhat confusing today.  Glad Brian managed to figure out what to do.

Speaking of Balance Game, remind me also to ask Roger why there's no Bob asking for the price to light up on the display.  It seems they only like to show it lit when the game is lost.

Wow, Ten Chances fourth, I know Roger's been crazy with car games fourth; but this is one I didn't see coming here.

Speaking of Ten Chances, as terribly as Rita did play it, I actually didn't get too mad over it.  Bob's playing fun along with it came off very enjoyable today, or maybe it was because Rita didn't win. :-P

Is it just my ears or my surround sound, or has the yodeling in Cliff Hangers been sounding more off-pitch or something lately?
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Geoffrey Weagraff

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 10:08:03 PM »
I thought the blooper with Bob handing the wrong money was hilarious! I've never seen that happen before!

And I do agree with you about how Rita didn't play this game well. But I think the worst playing of 10 Chances ever was the one on May 2nd, where on the contestant's 9th chance, she kept using the 1 twice, and then on the 10th chance, she won, and Bob had to sit down.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
Hey BRB had the words I forgot to put in my post: FORCED LOSS! Damn straight on that bro!

I thought it was about 5 years ago, or so, that L7 was played fourth? I believe it has been in darn near every slot. I know it has been 6th before for sure.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »
This was the most exciting Grand Game win I've seen in a while.  I really had no idea what the last right answer was.

I hate to say it, but Bob really screwed up the rule description for Balance Game.

God, I love car games fourth.

Ten Chances wasn't really too bad today.  It wasn't laugh-out-loud funny like some of the bad playings are, but it wasn't horrendous, either.  Bob must have been in a very, very good mood today to handle it the way he did.

Cliff Hangers was sort of hard...all three prizes were more expensive than they usually are.

I'm really glad Yvette won the Showcase...she got stuck with a really hard playing of Lucky $even.

br wrote:

I thought it was about 5 years ago, or so, that L7 was played fourth?

On a Million Dollar Spectacular, yes, but certainly not on the daytime show.  In Seasons 27-33, there are only two shows where a car game is played fourth -- one early in Season 27 with Pathfinder, and one late in Season 33 with That's Too Much!.  In fact, before this year, the last time car games were played fourth on any kind of regular basis was 1976.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 01:04:58 AM »
Steve, I was checking Joe's playlist (Going back to Season 24) from the old board. There were two pure car games that were played fourth that haven't been played fourth since last season: Cover Up and Card Game.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Temdant

• Outside in Line
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 03:03:49 AM »
Best play of Ten Chances ever!

I was literaly yelling at the TV Today at how bad Rita was playing this.

Everyone knows that the prices end in zero, even if you don't realize that you gotta know that something isn't costing $509!

THe crowd was so loud you could see Bob clearing his ears out. Then when he started to walk off the set in frustration.. that was so classic.. this goes as one of the best losses I have ever seen on the show.

Then when she put the price of $68,000 for the car.. Bob's reations were great. The crowd was ready to charge the stage .. then she puts a zero as the fourth number in the car.. Bob was about to hit her...LOL..oh this was a great playing of the game.. I hate to say it but stupid people really do make this show more fun sometimes.. I love to see people win but I like these type of things too as they don't happen as often as they used to. :lol:

Bob summed it up well when he said at the end

"Rita.. good bye!" :lol:

LOL then it gets worse.. she passes on the car showcase and doesn't even win the golf cart she was then bidding for. That was just a disaster for her.  I haven't seen such a funny episode in a long time.

On a side note..yes Bob using the 5 $100 bills in Lucky Seven was a rare seen blooper. I was wondering why she looked so confused while Bob was asking her for money back..

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Friday, June 16, 2006

Lucky Seven- BOOOOOOOOOOOO at Roger. That was low. Real low. That whole money thing was hilarious, though. :lol:

Ten Chances- Another eventful episode of As the Ten Chances Turns... :roll:

Showcase- Wow! I was almost certain that Yvette was over. Surprising.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Yvette.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Besides Yvette and Ten Chances, there wasn't really much else that happened. Still, those two made it a pretty good show... Grade: 3

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 02:40:02 PM »
Lucky Seven: All I can say is the 9 was evil. Yvette played the game okay.

Grand Game: At the time, I thought the Tidy Cats would do it. I just didn't think the Gold Bond would do it since it's Gold Bond. Now as I post, I'm thinking now that the litter was around $6.79 or something, causing my loss.

Balance Game: This is one of those times where I paid close attention to the balancing and not the actual pricing. If I could muster anything, it would've been 4112.

Ten Chances: This is one of those events where people got sore throats from shouting right and wrong guesses and groaning. I couldn't contain myself while shouting, laughing, and holding a hard-boiled egg at the same time. I almost walked away just like Bob did. What a game!

Cliff Hangers: So now it's a "meal maker"? I knew it had to be $50. Before the guessing: "Could it be a 29-39-50 combination?" Yes. "How did I know?!"

One Bid 6: I kinda lost track, but I had that feeling Matthew was in trouble. His last bid advantage gave me a subtle hint. Geez, it didn't work for him.

Squeeze Play: To me, it was between the 6 and 2 to go. My absolute best guess was to take the 6 out.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 05:00:45 PM »
Lucky $even has been lost eleven times in a row.  OUCH! Is this the next Card Game?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »
Nick wrote:
Speaking of Balance Game, remind me also to ask Roger why there's no Bob asking for the price to light up on the display.  It seems they only like to show it lit when the game is lost.

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but before the prize bag is placed on the scale, the display shows whatever the contestant has placed on the left side. In fact, when Bob places the three-digit bag on the scale, it starts off by displaying just those three digits. So if the contestant is right, the right price is already showing.

I was surprised to learn that the oval labels on each of the bags are actually made of fabric. And the gold-colored text is actually embroidered onto the fabric! I thought for sure that they were just cardboard, but nope -- much fancier!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 12:41:30 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Lucky $even -- 3:18
Grand Game -- 3:28
Balance Game -- 2:27
Ten Chances -- 5:15
Cliff Hangers -- 2:12
Squeeze Play -- 1:03

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »
Hey Heels, you forgot to add Zina's pic to your hottie hunter list! Zina!

Somebody was quick on the draw, a clip of the Ten chances was posted the same day @ youtube.com